The Impact of College Graduation on Geographic Mobility: Identifying Education Using Multiple Components of Vietnam Draft Risk
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ofer Malamud & Abigail Wozniak, 2008. "The Impact of College Graduation on Geographic Mobility: Identifying Education Using Multiple Components of Vietnam Draft Risk," Working Papers 0811, Harris School of Public Policy Studies, University of Chicago.
References listed on IDEAS
- Carmit Segal, 2006. "Motivation, test scores and economic success," Economics Working Papers 1124, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Oct 2008.
- Wozniak, Abigail, 2006. "Educational Differences in the Migration Responses of Young Workers to Local Labor Market Conditions," IZA Discussion Papers 1954, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gallo, Fredrik, 2010.
"Resisting economic integration when industry location is uncertain,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 54(3), pages 467-482, April.
- Gallo, Fredrik, 2006. "Resisting Economic Integration when Industry Location is Uncertain," Working Papers 2006:22, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- Riddell, W. Craig & Song, Xueda, 2011.
"The impact of education on unemployment incidence and re-employment success: Evidence from the U.S. labour market,"
Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 453-463, August.
- Riddell, W. Craig & Song, Xueda, 2011. "The Impact of Education on Unemployment Incidence and Re-employment Success: Evidence from the U.S. Labour Market," CLSSRN working papers clsrn_admin-2011-18, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 27 Jul 2011.
- Riddell, W. Craig & Song, Xueda, 2011. "The Impact of Education on Unemployment Incidence and Re-employment Success: Evidence from the U.S. Labour Market," IZA Discussion Papers 5572, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Peter McHenry, 2011.
"The Relationship between Location Choice and Earnings Inequality,"
112, Department of Economics, College of William and Mary.
- Peter McHenry, 2012. "The Relationship between Location Choice and Earnings Inequality," Working Papers 118, Department of Economics, College of William and Mary.
- Stephen Machin & Kjell G. Salvanes & Panu Pelkonen, 2012.
"Education And Mobility,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
European Economic Association, vol. 10(2), pages 417-450, April.
- Stephen Machin & Panu Pelkonen & Kjell Salvanes, 2008. "Education and Mobility," CEE Discussion Papers 0100, Centre for the Economics of Education, LSE.
- Machin, Stephen & Pelkonen, Panu & Salvanes, Kjell G., 2008. "Education and Mobility," IZA Discussion Papers 3845, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Machin, Stephen & Pelkonen, Panu & Salvanes, Kjell, 2008. "Education and mobility," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 28277, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Matthew J. Notowidigdo, 2011. "The Incidence of Local Labor Demand Shocks," 2011 Meeting Papers 629, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Peter McHenry, 2014.
"The Geographic Distribution Of Human Capital: Measurement Of Contributing Mechanisms,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(2), pages 215-248, March.
- Peter McHenry, 2010. "The Geographic Distribution of Human Capital: Measurement of Contributing Mechanisms," Working Papers 92, Department of Economics, College of William and Mary.
- Böckerman, Petri & Haapanen, Mika, 2010.
"The effect of education on migration: Evidence from school reform,"
27629, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Petri BÃ¶ckerman & Mika Haapanen, 2011. "The effect of education on migration: evidence from school reform," ERSA conference papers ersa10p994, European Regional Science Association.
- John Kennan & James R. Walker, 2013. "Modeling individual migration decisions," Chapters,in: International Handbook on the Economics of Migration, chapter 2, pages 39-54 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Brad J. Hershbein, 2013. "Worker Signals among New College Graduates: The Role of Selectivity and GPA," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 13-190, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
More about this item
Keywordsinstrumental variables; geographic mobility; education; college graduates; internal migration;
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- I23 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Higher Education; Research Institutions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-04-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2008-04-21 (Development)
- NEP-EDU-2008-04-21 (Education)
- NEP-HRM-2008-04-21 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-LAB-2008-04-21 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-MIG-2008-04-21 (Economics of Human Migration)
- NEP-URE-2008-04-21 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp3432. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .