Far Above Rubies: The Association Between Bride Price and Extramarital Sexual Relations in Uganda
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Junsen Zhang & William Chan, 1999. "Dowry and Wife's Welfare: A Theoretical and Empirical Analysis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 107(4), pages 786-808, August.
- Maristella Botticini & Aloysius Siow, 2003.
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 93(4), pages 1385-1398, September.
- Maristella Botticini & Aloysius Siow, 1999. "Why Dowries?," Boston University - Institute for Economic Development 95, Boston University, Institute for Economic Development.
- Maristella Botticini & Aloysius Siow, 2000. "Why Dowries?," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0200, Econometric Society.
- Raj Arunachalam & Trevon Logan, 2016.
"On the heterogeneity of dowry motives,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 29(1), pages 135-166, January.
- Eugene Choo & Aloysius Siow, 2006. "Who Marries Whom and Why," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 114(1), pages 175-201, February.
- Laferrere, Anne, 2001. " Marriage Settlements," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 103(3), pages 485-504, September.
- Weiss, Yoram & Willis, Robert J, 1985. "Children as Collective Goods and Divorce Settlements," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 3(3), pages 268-292, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Brishti Guha, 2012. "Gambling on Genes: Ambiguity Aversion Explains Investment in Sisters’ Children," Working Papers 33-2012, Singapore Management University, School of Economics.
- Shoshana GROSSBARD, 2015.
"Sex Ratios, Polygyny, and the Value of Women in Marriage - A Beckerian Approach,"
JODE - Journal of Demographic Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 81(1), pages 13-25, March.
- Grossbard, Shoshana, 2014. "Sex Ratios, Polygyny, and the Value of Women in Marriage: A Beckerian Approach," IZA Discussion Papers 8728, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Siwan Anderson, 2007. "The Economics of Dowry and Brideprice," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 21(4), pages 151-174, Fall.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:100:y:2017:i:c:p:69-84 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fujii, Tomoki, 2017.
"Dynamic Poverty Decomposition Analysis: An Application to the Philippines,"
Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 69-84.
- Tomoki Fujii, 2012. "Dynamic Poverty Decomposition Analysis: An Application to the Philippines," Working Papers 34-2012, Singapore Management University, School of Economics.
- Fujii, Tomoki, 2014. "Dynamic Poverty Decomposition Analysis: An Application to the Philippines," ADBI Working Papers 466, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- repec:taf:jdevst:v:53:y:2017:i:6:p:891-910 is not listed on IDEAS
- Marcel Fafchamps & Agnes R. Quisumbing, 2006. "Household Formation and Marriage Markets," Economics Series Working Papers GPRG-WPS-039, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Linguère Mously Mbaye & Natascha Wagner, 2017.
"Bride Price and Fertility Decisions: Evidence from Rural Senegal,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 53(6), pages 891-910, June.
- Mbaye, Linguère Mously & Wagner, Natascha, 2013. "Bride Price and Fertility Decisions: Evidence from Rural Senegal," IZA Discussion Papers 7770, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
Keywordsmarriage; extra-marital relations; bride price; Uganda;
- D13 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Production and Intrahouse Allocation
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Behavior
- J13 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Fertility; Family Planning; Child Care; Children; Youth
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2007-09-02 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2007-09-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2007-09-02 (Development)
- NEP-MIC-2007-09-02 (Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp2982. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .