Demographic Alternatives for Aging Industrial Countries: Increased Total Fertility Rate, Labor Force Participation, or Immigration
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert Holzmann, 2002.
"Can Investments in Emerging Markets Help to Solve the Ageing Problem?,"
Journal of Emerging Market Finance,
Institute for Financial Management and Research, vol. 1(2), pages 215-241, September.
- Robert Holzmann, 2000. "Can Investments in Emerging Markets Help to Solve the Aging Problem?," CESifo Working Paper Series 304, CESifo Group Munich.
- Holzmann, Robert, 2000. "Can investments in emerging markets help to solve the aging problem ?," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 23070, The World Bank.
- Warwick J. McKibbin, 2006.
"The Global Macroeconomic Consequences of a Demographic Transition,"
Asian Economic Papers,
MIT Press, vol. 5(1), pages 92-134, Winter.
- Warwick J. McKibbin, 2006. "The Global Macroeconomic Consequences Of A Demographic Transition," CAMA Working Papers 2006-06, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Paul A. Samuelson, 1958. "An Exact Consumption-Loan Model of Interest with or without the Social Contrivance of Money," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66, pages 467-467.
- Sinn, Hans-Werner, 2004.
"The pay-as-you-go pension system as fertility insurance and an enforcement device,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 88(7-8), pages 1335-1357, July.
- Sinn, Hans-Werner, 2004. "The pay-as-you-go pension system as fertility insurance and an enforcement device," Munich Reprints in Economics 938, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Sinn, Hans-Werner, 2004. "The pay-as-you-go pension system as fertility insurance and an enforcement device," Munich Reprints in Economics 19606, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- David Card, 2005.
"Is the New Immigration Really so Bad?,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 115(507), pages 300-323, November.
- David Card, 2004. "Is the New Immigration Really So Bad?," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 0402, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- David Card, 2005. "Is the New Immigration Really So Bad?," NBER Working Papers 11547, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Card, David, 2004. "Is the New Immigration Really So Bad?," IZA Discussion Papers 1119, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Samuel Munzele Maimbo & Dilip Ratha, 2005. "Remittances: Development Impact and Future Prospects," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7339.
- Meier, Volker & Wrede, Matthias, 2010. "Pensions, fertility, and education," Journal of Pension Economics and Finance, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(01), pages 75-93, January.
- Stephen Drinkwater & Paul Levine & Emanuela Lotti & Joseph Pearlman, 2003. "The Economic Impact of Migration: A Survey," School of Economics Discussion Papers 0103, School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Holzmann, Robert & Koettl, Johannes & Chernetsky, Taras, 2005. "Portability regimes of pension and health care benefits for international migrants: an analysis of issues and good practices," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 32750, The World Bank.
- Tito Boeri & Herbert Brücker, 2005. "Why are Europeans so tough on migrants?," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 20(44), pages 629-703, October.
- Robert Holzmann & Richard Hinz, 2005. "Old Age Income Support in the 21st century: An International Perspective on Pension Systems and Reform," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7336.
- Holzmann, Robert & Munz, Rainer, 2004. "Challenges and opportunities of international migration for the EU, its member states, neighboring countries, and regions : a Policy Note," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 30160, The World Bank.
- Isaac Ehrlich & Jinyoung Kim, 2005. "Social Security, Demographic Trends, and Economic Growth: Theory and Evidence from the International Experience," NBER Working Papers 11121, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joaquim Oliveira Martins & Frédéric Gonand & Pablo Antolín & Christine de la Maisonneuve & Kwang-Yeol Yoo, 2005. "The Impact of Ageing on Demand, Factor Markets and Growth," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 420, OECD Publishing.
- Anders Björklund, 2006. "Does family policy affect fertility?," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 19(1), pages 3-24, February.
- Commander, Simon & Kangasniemi, Mari & Winters, L. Alan, 2003. "The Brain Drain: Curse or Boon?," IZA Discussion Papers 809, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thomas K. Bauer & Deborah A. Cobb‐Clark & Vincent A. Hildebrand & Mathias G. Sinning, 2011.
"A Comparative Analysis Of The Nativity Wealth Gap,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 49(4), pages 989-1007, October.
- Bauer, Thomas K. & Cobb-Clark, Deborah A. & Hildebrand, Vincent A. & Sinning, Mathias, 2007. "A Comparative Analysis of the Nativity Wealth Gap," IZA Discussion Papers 2772, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bauer, Thomas K. & Cobb-Clark, Deborah A. & Hildebrand, Vincent A. & Sinning, Mathias, 2007. "A Comparative Analysis of the Nativity Wealth Gap," Ruhr Economic Papers 6, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Thomas K. Bauer & Deborah A. Cobb-Clark & Vincent Hildebrand & Mathias Sinning, 2007. "A Comparative Analysis of the Nativity Wealth Gap," Social and Economic Dimensions of an Aging Population Research Papers 184, McMaster University.
- Thomas K. Bauer & Deborah A. Cobb-Clark & Vincent A. Hildebrand & Mathias Sinning, 2007. "A Comparative Analysis of the Nativity Wealth Gap," CEPR Discussion Papers 554, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Thomas Y. Mathä & Alessandro Porpiglia & Eva Sierminska, 2011.
"The Immigrant/Native Wealth Gap in Germany, Italy and Luxembourg,"
BCL working papers
57, Central Bank of Luxembourg.
- Mathä, Thomas Y. & Porpiglia, Alessandro & Sierminska, Eva, 2011. "The immigrant/native wealth gap in Germany, Italy and Luxembourg," Working Paper Series 1302, European Central Bank.
- Jacques Poot, 2007. "Demographic Change and Regional Competitiveness: The Effects of Immigration and Ageing," Population Studies Centre Discussion Papers dp-64, University of Waikato, Population Studies Centre.
- Thomas Gries & Stefan Jungblut & Tim Krieger & Henning Meier, 2009. "Statutory Retirement Age and Lifelong Learning," Working Papers CIE 9, Paderborn University, CIE Center for International Economics.
- McKenzie, David J., 2006.
"A profile of the world's young developing country migrants,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
4021, The World Bank.
- McKenzie, David, 2007. "A Profile of the World's Young Developing Country Migrants," IZA Discussion Papers 2948, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Lamin Y Leigh, 2006. "Hong Kong Special Administrative Region; Macroeconomic Impact of an Aging Population in a Highly Open Economy," IMF Working Papers 06/87, International Monetary Fund.
- Mukesh Chawla & Gordon Betcherman & Arup Banerji, 2007. "From Red to Gray : The "Third Transition" of Aging Populations in Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6741.
More about this item
Keywordsfertility rate; aging; demographic policy; labor force; migration;
- J11 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Demographic Trends, Macroeconomic Effects, and Forecasts
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
- Q15 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Land Ownership and Tenure; Land Reform; Land Use; Irrigation; Agriculture and Environment
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp1885. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .