Global Economic Prospects 2006 : Economic Implications of Remittances and Migration
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jon M. Bakija & William G. Gale & Joel B. Slemrod, 2003.
"Charitable Bequests and Taxes on Inheritances and Estates: Aggregate Evidence from across States and Time,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 93(2), pages 366-370, May.
- Jon Bakija & William Gale & Joel Slemrod, 2003. "Charitable Bequests and Taxes on Inheritance and Estates: Aggregate Evidence from Across States and Time," Department of Economics Working Papers 2003-18, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Jon Bakija & William Gale & Joel Slemrod, 2003. "Charitable Bequests and Taxes on Inheritance and Estates: Aggregate Evidence from Across States and Time," NBER Working Papers 9661, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John Gibson & David McKenzie & Halahingano Rohorua, 2006. "How Cost Elastic are Remittances? Estimates from Tongan Migrants in New Zealand," Working Papers in Economics 06/02, University of Waikato.
- Glenday, Graham & Gupta, Anil K & Pawlak, Henry, 1986. "Tax Incentives for Personal Charitable Contributions," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 68(4), pages 688-693, November.
- Feldstein, Martin S & Taylor, Amy, 1976. "The Income Tax and Charitable Contributions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(6), pages 1201-1222, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jawad, Muhammad & Qayyum, Abdul, 2015.
"Modelling the Impact of Policy Environment on Inflows of Worker’s Remittances in Pakistan: A Multivariate Analysis,"
85497, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jawad, Muhammad & Qayyum, Abdul, 2015. "Modeling the Impact of Policy Environment on Inflows of Worker’s Remittances in Pakistan: A Multivariate Analysis," MPRA Paper 62019, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2015.
- Balli, Faruk & Rana, Faisal, 2015. "Determinants of risk sharing through remittances," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 107-116.
- Görlich, Dennis & Trebesch, Christoph, 2006.
"Mass migration and seasonality: evidence on Moldova's labour exodus,"
Kiel Advanced Studies Working Papers
435, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Görlich, Dennis & Trebesch, Christoph, 2006. "Mass migration and seasonality: Evidence on Moldova's labour exodus," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 56, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- David McKenzie & Hillel Rapoport, 2011.
"Can migration reduce educational attainment? Evidence from Mexico,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 24(4), pages 1331-1358, October.
- McKenzie, David & Rapoport, Hillel, 2006. "Can migration reduce educational attainment ? Evidence from Mexico," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3952, The World Bank.
- Steven Arnold & Arno Behrens & Christian Egenhofer & Alistair Hunt & Anil Markandya & Adriaan van der Welle, 2010. "Electricity Supply Externalities: Energy Security," Chapters,in: The Social Cost of Electricity, chapter 2 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Dennis Görlich & Christoph Trebesch, 2008.
"Seasonal Migration and Networks—Evidence on Moldova’s Labour Exodus,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 144(1), pages 107-133, April.
- Görlich, Dennis & Trebesch, Christoph, 2008. "Seasonal migration and networks-evidence on Moldova’s labour exodus," Munich Reprints in Economics 20444, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Görlich, Dennis & Trebesch, Christoph, 2008. "Seasonal migration and networks: Evidence on Moldova's labour exodus," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 4282, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Mahamoud, Ismael, 2006.
"Les hawalas : les systèmes informels de transfert des fonds
[Hawala: informal funds transfer systems]," MPRA Paper 48883, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Petreski Marjan & Petreski Blagica & Tumanoska Despina & Narazani Edlira & Kazazi Fatush & Ognjanov Galjina & Jankovic Irena & Mustafa Arben & Kochovska Tereza, 2017.
"The Size and Effects of Emigration and Remittances in the Western Balkans. A Forecasting Based on a Delphi Process,"
Südosteuropa. Journal of Politics and Society,
De Gruyter, vol. 65(4), pages 679-695, December.
- Marjan Petreski & Blagica Petreski & Despina Tumanoska & Edlira Narazani & Fatush Kazazi & Galjina Ognjanov & Irena Jankovic & Arben Mustafa & Tereza Kochovska, 2016. "The size and effects of emigration and remittances in the Western-Balkans: Forecasting based on a Delphi process," Finance Think Policy Studies 2016-12, Finance Think - Economic Research and Policy Institute.
- Petreski, Marjan & Petreski, Blagica & Tumanoska, Despina & Narazani, Edlira & Kazazi, Fatush & Ognjanov, Galjina & Jankovic, Irena & Mustafa, Arben & Kochovska, Tereza, 2017. "The size and effects of emigration and remittances in the Western-Balkans: Forecasting based on a Delphi process," MPRA Paper 75512, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Faruk Balli & Faisal Rana, 2014. "Determinants of risk sharing through remittances: cross-country evidence," CAMA Working Papers 2014-12, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Azarnert, Leonid V., 2012. "Male versus female guest-worker migration: Does it matter for fertility in the source country?," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 1-6.
- Andrew J Swiston, 2010. "Spillovers to Central America in Light of the Crisis; What a Difference a Year Makes," IMF Working Papers 10/35, International Monetary Fund.
- Skattebol, Jen, 2011. ""When the money's low": Economic participation among disadvantaged young Australians," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 528-533, April.
- van der Hoeven, Rolph, 2012. "Development Aid and Employment," WIDER Working Paper Series 107, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- repec:ilo:ilowps:486521 is not listed on IDEAS
- Piracha, Matloob & Vadean, Florin, 2010. "Return Migration and Occupational Choice: Evidence from Albania," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 1141-1155, August.
- Martin, Philip. & Abella, Manolo., 2014. "Reaping the economic and social benefits of labour mobility : ASEAN 2015," ILO Working Papers 994865213402676, International Labour Organization.
- Iuliia Kuntsevych, 2017. "Remittances, Spending and Political Instability in Ukraine," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp583, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Osili, Una Okonkwo, 2007. "Remittances and savings from international migration: Theory and evidence using a matched sample," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(2), pages 446-465, July.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic Theory and Research Banks and Banking Reform Macroeconomics and Economic Growth - Economic Conditions and Volatility Gender - Gender and Development Poverty Reduction - Inequality Finance and Financial Sector Development;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbpubs:7306. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Breineder). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .