Housing Prices, Unemployment Rates, Disadvantage, and Progress toward a Degree
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Harris Dellas & Plutarchos Sakellaris, 2003.
"On the cyclicality of schooling: theory and evidence,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 55(1), pages 148-172, January.
- Dellas, Harris & Sakellaris, Plutarchos, 1996. "On the cyclicality of schooling: Theory and evidence," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 1997002, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- repec:jct:journl:v:ii:y:2007:i:2:p:54-62 is not listed on IDEAS
- Atif Mian & Amir Sufi, 2014. "House Price Gains and U.S. Household Spending from 2002 to 2006," NBER Working Papers 20152, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lisa Barrow & Jonathan Davis, 2012. "The upside of down: postsecondary enrollment in the Great Recession," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Q IV, pages 117-129.
- Michael F. Lovenheim & C. Lockwood Reynolds, 2013.
"The Effect of Housing Wealth on College Choice: Evidence from the Housing Boom,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 48(1), pages 1-35.
- Michael F. Lovenheim & C. Lockwood Reynolds, 2012. "The Effect of Housing Wealth on College Choice: Evidence from the Housing Boom," NBER Working Papers 18075, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stratton, Leslie S. & O'Toole, Dennis M. & Wetzel, James N., 2006. "Are the Factors Affecting Dropout Behavior Related to Initial Enrollment Intensity for College Undergraduates?," IZA Discussion Papers 1951, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Michael F. Lovenheim, 2011. "The Effect of Liquid Housing Wealth on College Enrollment," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 29(4), pages 741-771.
- Kahn, Lisa B., 2010. "The long-term labor market consequences of graduating from college in a bad economy," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 303-316, April.
- Susan Dynarski, 2002. "The Behavioral and Distributional Implications of Aid for College," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(2), pages 279-285, May.
- Stratton, Leslie S. & O'Toole, Dennis M. & Wetzel, James N., 2004. "Factors affecting initial enrollment intensity: part-time versus full-time enrollment," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 167-175, April.
- Robert Bozick, 2009. "Job opportunities, economic resources, and the postsecondary destinations of American youth," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 46(3), pages 493-512, August.
- Philip Oreopoulos & Till von Wachter & Andrew Heisz, 2012. "The Short- and Long-Term Career Effects of Graduating in a Recession," American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, American Economic Association, vol. 4(1), pages 1-29, January.
- Matthew T. Johnson, 2013. "The Impact of Business Cycle Fluctuations on Graduate School Enrollment," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 77da29f047574fbfb5f216d63, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Liu, Kai & Salvanes, Kjell G. & Sørensen, Erik Ø., 2016.
"Good skills in bad times: Cyclical skill mismatch and the long-term effects of graduating in a recession,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 3-17.
- Liu, Kai & Salvanes, Kjell G. & Sørensen, Erik Ø., 2012. "Good Skills in Bad Times: Cyclical Skill Mismatch and the Long-Term Effects of Graduating in a Recession," IZA Discussion Papers 6820, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Liu, Kai & Salvanes, Kjell G. & Sørensen, Erik Ø., 2012. "Good Skills in Bad Times: Cyclical Skill Mismatch and the Long-term Effects of Graduating in a Recession," Discussion Paper Series in Economics 16/2012, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Economics.
- Johnson, Matthew T., 2013. "The impact of business cycle fluctuations on graduate school enrollment," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 122-134.
- Dellas, Harris & Koubi, Vally, 2003. "Business cycles and schooling," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 843-859, November.
- Gustman, Alan L & Steinmeier, Thomas L, 1981. "The Impact of Wages and Unemployment on Youth Enrollment and Labor Supply," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 63(4), pages 553-560, November.
More about this item
Keywordshigher education; graduation; housing prices; unemployment; disadvantage;
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- I24 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Education and Inequality
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-09-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2017-09-03 (Education)
- NEP-URE-2017-09-03 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp10941. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.