TARP Effect on Bank Lending Behaviour: Evidence from the last Financial Crisis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kiyotaki, Nobuhiro & Moore, John, 1997. "Credit Cycles," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(2), pages 211-248, April.
- Jokipii, Terhi & Milne, Alistair, 2011. "Bank capital buffer and risk adjustment decisions," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 165-178, August.
- Allen N. Berger & Gregory F. Udell, 2002.
"Small Business Credit Availability and Relationship Lending: The Importance of Bank Organisational Structure,"
Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(477), pages 32-53, February.
- Allen N. Berger & Gregory F. Udell, 2001. "Small business credit availability and relationship lending: the importance of bank organizational structure," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2001-36, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Peek, Joe & Rosengren, Eric, 1995.
"The Capital Crunch: Neither a Borrower nor a Lender Be,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 27(3), pages 625-638, August.
- Joe Peek & Eric S. Rosengren, 1991. "The capital crunch: neither a borrower nor a lender be," Working Papers 91-4, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, revised 1991.
- Joe Peek & Eric Rosengren, 1993. "The Capital Crunch: Neither A Borrower Nor A Lender Be," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 243, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Veronesi, Pietro & Zingales, Luigi, 2010. "Paulson's gift," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(3), pages 339-368, September.
- Shrieves, Ronald E. & Dahl, Drew, 1992. "The relationship between risk and capital in commercial banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 439-457, April.
- Bernanke, Ben & Gertler, Mark, 1989.
"Agency Costs, Net Worth, and Business Fluctuations,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(1), pages 14-31, March.
- Bernanke, Ben & Gertler, Mark, 1988. "Agency Costs, Net Worth, And Business Fluctuations," SSRI Workshop Series 292693, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Social Systems Research Institute.
- Aggarwal, Raj & Jacques, Kevin T., 2001. "The impact of FDICIA and prompt corrective action on bank capital and risk: Estimates using a simultaneous equations model," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 1139-1160, June.
- Dinara Bayazitova & Anil Shivdasani, 2012. "Assessing TARP," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 25(2), pages 377-407.
- Duchin, Ran & Sosyura, Denis, 2012. "The politics of government investment," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 106(1), pages 24-48.
- Lamont K. Black & Lieu N. Hazelwood, 2012. "The effect of TARP on bank risk-taking," International Finance Discussion Papers 1043, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), revised 2012.
- Jacques, Kevin & Nigro, Peter, 1997. "Risk-based capital, portfolio risk, and bank capital: A simultaneous equations approach," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 49(6), pages 533-547.
- Wilson, Linus & Wu, Yan Wendy, 2012. "Escaping TARP," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 32-42.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bachmann, Manuel, 2018. "The Impact of Ex Ante Regulations and Ex Post Interventions on Bank Lending and Solvency," Department of Economics Working Paper Series 269, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Allen N. Berger & Raluca Roman & John Sedunov, 2016. "Do bank bailouts reduce or increase systemic risk? the effects of TARP on financial system stability," Research Working Paper RWP 16-8, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, revised 04 Oct 2016.
- Kleymenova, Anya & Rose, Andrew K. & Wieladek, Tomasz, 2016.
"Does Government Intervention Affect Banking Globalization?,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 43-58.
- Kleymenova, Anya & Rose, Andrew K. & Wieladek, Tomasz, 2016. "Does government intervention affect banking globalization?," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 146-161.
- Anya Kleymenova & Andrew Rose & Tomasz Wieladek, 2015. "Does Government Intervention Affect Banking Globalization?," NBER Chapters, in: International Finance in the Global Markets, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anya Kleymenova & Andrew K. Rose & Tomasz Wieladek, 2016. "Does Government Intervention Affect Banking Globalization?," NBER Working Papers 21981, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kleymenova, Anya & Rose, Andrew K & Wieladek, Tomasz, 2016. "Does Government Intervention Affect Banking Globalization?," CEPR Discussion Papers 11108, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Berger, Allen N. & Molyneux, Phil & Wilson, John O.S., 2020. "Banks and the real economy: An assessment of the research," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 62(C).
- Agarwal, Sumit & Zhang, Yunqi, 2018. "Effects of government bailouts on mortgage modification," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 54-70.
- Allen N. Berger & Raluca Roman, 2015. "Did saving Wall Street really save Main Street : the real effects of TARP on local economic conditions," Research Working Paper RWP 15-13, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, revised 01 Oct 2015.
- Bassett, William & Demiralp, Selva & Lloyd, Nathan, 2020.
"Government support of banks and bank lending,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 112(C).
- William Bassett & Selva Demiralp & Nathan Lloyd, 2016. "Government Support of Banks and Bank Lending," Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 1611, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Jang, Karen Y., 2017. "The effect of TARP on the propagation of real estate shocks: Evidence from geographically diversified banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 173-192.
- Florentina Melnic, 2017. "The Financial Crisis Response. Comparative Analysis Between European Union And Usa," Review of Economic and Business Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, issue 19, pages 129-155, June.
- Allen N. Berger, 2018. "The Benefits and Costs of the TARP Bailouts: A Critical Assessment," Quarterly Journal of Finance (QJF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 8(02), pages 1-29, June.
- Manuel Bachmann, 2018. "The Impact of Ex Ante Regulations and Ex Post Interventions on Bank Lending and Solvency," Department of Economics Working Papers wuwp269, Vienna University of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsTARP; Financial Crisis; Loan provision;
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BAN-2015-05-30 (Banking)
- NEP-CFN-2015-05-30 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-MAC-2015-05-30 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:irn:wpaper:15-06. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sylvain Weber). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/irenech.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.