The effect of TARP on bank risk-taking
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Berger, Allen N. & Bouwman, Christa H. S. & Kick, Thomas & Schaeck, Klaus, 2011.
"Bank Risk Taking and Liquidity Creation Following Regulatory Interventions and Capital Support,"
11-57, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, Weiss Center.
- Berger, A.N. & Bouwman, C.H.S. & Kick, T. & Schaeck, K., 2011. "Bank risk taking and liquidity creation following regulatory interventions and capital support," Discussion Paper 2011-088, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Berger, Allen N. & Bouwman, Christa H. S. & Kick, Thomas & Schaeck, Klaus, 2014. "Bank Risk Taking and Liquidity Creation Following Regulatory Interventions and Capital Support," Working Papers 14-07, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, Weiss Center.
- Micco, Alejandro & Panizza, Ugo, 2006.
"Bank ownership and lending behavior,"
Elsevier, vol. 93(2), pages 248-254, November.
- Alejandro Micco & Ugo Panizza, 2004. "Bank Ownership and Lending Behavior," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 1545, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Alejandro Micco & Ugo Panizza, 2006. "Bank Ownership and Lending Behavior," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 369, Central Bank of Chile.
- Micco, Alejandro & Panizza, Ugo, 2006. "Bank Ownership and Lending Behavior," POLIS Working Papers 61, Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS.
- Alejandro Micco & Ugo Panizza, 2004. "Bank Ownership and Lending Behavior," Research Department Publications 4385, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Fahlenbrach, Rüdiger & Stulz, René M., 2011.
"Bank CEO incentives and the credit crisis,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 99(1), pages 11-26, January.
- Rüdiger FAHLENBRACH & René M. STULZ, "undated". "Bank CEO Incentives and the Credit Crisis," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 09-27, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Fahlenbach, Rudiger & Stulz, Rene M., 2009. "Bank CEO Incentives and the Credit Crisis," Working Paper Series 2009-13, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Rüdiger Fahlenbrach & René M. Stulz, 2009. "Bank CEO Incentives and the Credit Crisis," NBER Working Papers 15212, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hoshi, Takeo & Kashyap, Anil K, 2010.
"Will the U.S. bank recapitalization succeed? Eight lessons from Japan,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 97(3), pages 398-417, September.
- Takeo Hoshi & Anil K. Kashyap, 2008. "Will the U.S. Bank Recapitalization Succeed? Eight Lessons from Japan," NBER Working Papers 14401, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fratianni, Michele & Marchionne, Francesco, 2013.
"The fading stock market response to announcements of bank bailouts,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 69-89.
- Michele Fratianni & Francesco Marchionne, 2013. "The fading stock market response to announcements of bank bailouts," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 76, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- Farruggio, Christian & Michalak, Tobias C. & Uhde, Andre, 2013.
"The light and dark side of TARP,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 37(7), pages 2586-2604.
- Uhde, Andre & Farruggio, Christian & Michalak, Tobias C., 2013. "The light and dark side of TARP," Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 80004, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Pennathur, Anita & Smith, Deborah & Subrahmanyam, Vijaya, 2014. "The stock market impact of government interventions on financial services industry groups: Evidence from the 2007–2009 crisis," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 22-44.
- Lambert, Claudia & Noth, Felix & Schüwer, Ulrich, 2017.
"How do insured deposits affect bank risk? Evidence from the 2008 Emergency Economic Stabilization Act,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 81-102.
- Claudia Lambert & Felix Noth & Ulrich Schüwer, 2013. "How Do Insured Deposits Affect Bank Risk?: Evidence from the 2008 Emergency Economic Stabilization Act," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1347, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Lambert, Claudia & Noth, Felix & Schüwer, Ulrich, 2013. "How do insured deposits affect bank risk? Evidence from the 2008 emergency economic stabilization act," SAFE Working Paper Series 38, Research Center SAFE - Sustainable Architecture for Finance in Europe, Goethe University Frankfurt.
- Kim, Dohan & Sohn, Wook, 2017. "The effect of bank capital on lending: Does liquidity matter?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 95-107.
- Luis Brandão Brandao Marques & Ricardo Correa & Horacio Sapriza, 2013.
"International Evidence on Government Support and Risk Taking in the Banking Sector,"
IMF Working Papers
13/94, International Monetary Fund.
- Luis Brandao-Marques & Ricardo Correa & Horacio Sapriza, 2013. "International evidence on government support and risk taking in the banking sector," International Finance Discussion Papers 1086, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Lin, Jyh-Horng & Tsai, Jeng-Yan & Hung, Wei-Ming, 2014. "Bank equity risk under bailout programs of loan guarantee and/or equity capital injection," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 263-274.
- Roman, Raluca, 2015. "Shareholder activism in banking," Research Working Paper RWP 15-9, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Hryckiewicz, Aneta, 2014. "What do we know about the impact of government interventions in the banking sector? An assessment of various bailout programs on bank behavior," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 246-265.
- Carpenter, Seth & Demiralp, Selva & Eisenschmidt, Jens, 2014. "The effectiveness of non-standard monetary policy in addressing liquidity risk during the financial crisis: The experiences of the Federal Reserve and the European Central Bank," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 107-129.
- Vincent Bouvatier & Michael Brei & Xi Yang, 2014. "Bank Failures and the Source of Strength Doctrine," EconomiX Working Papers 2014-15, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- TRENCA Ioan & PETRIA Nicolae & LUDUSAN Emilia-Anuta, 2015. "Exploring The Relationship Between Bank Profitability And State Intervention Policies In European Banking Sector," Revista Economica, Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu, Faculty of Economic Sciences, vol. 67(5), pages 104-115, September.
- Li, Lei, 2013. "TARP funds distribution and bank loan supply," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 4777-4792.
- Stefano Puddu & Andreas Waelchli, 2015. "TARP Effect on Bank Lending Behaviour: Evidence from the last Financial Crisis," IRENE Working Papers 15-06, IRENE Institute of Economic Research.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-03-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2012-03-21 (Banking)
- NEP-CBA-2012-03-21 (Central Banking)
- NEP-FMK-2012-03-21 (Financial Markets)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedgif:1043. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Franz Osorio). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbgvus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.