Commercial bank failures during the Great Recession: the real (estate) story
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Murillo Campello & Erasmo Giambona & John R. Graham & Campbell R. Harvey, 2011.
"Liquidity Management and Corporate Investment During a Financial Crisis,"
Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 24(6), pages 1944-1979.
- Murillo Campello & Erasmo Giambona & John R. Graham & Campbell R. Harvey, 2010. "Liquidity Management and Corporate Investment During a Financial Crisis," NBER Working Papers 16309, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Vincent Reinhart, 2011. "A Year of Living Dangerously: The Management of the Financial Crisis in 2008," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 25(1), pages 71-90, Winter.
- Dinara Bayazitova & Anil Shivdasani, 2012. "Assessing TARP," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 25(2), pages 377-407.
- Beltratti, Andrea & Stulz, René M., 2012.
"The credit crisis around the globe: Why did some banks perform better?,"
Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 105(1), pages 1-17.
- Beltratti, Andrea & Stulz, Rene M., 2010. "The Credit Crisis around the Globe: Why Did Some Banks Perform Better?," Working Paper Series 2010-5, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pandey, Ashish, 2016. "The Indian banking system: A ticking time bomb," MPRA Paper 71792, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Duca, John V. & Ling, David C., 2020.
"The other (commercial) real estate boom and bust: The effects of risk premia and regulatory capital arbitrage,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 112(C).
- John V. Duca & David C. Ling, 2015. "The other (commercial) real estate boom and bust: the effects of risk premia and regulatory capital arbitrage," Working Papers 1504, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, revised 01 Jun 2015.
- Hamed Ghiaie, 2018. "Macroeconomic Consequences of Bank’s Assets Reallocation After Mortgage Defaults," THEMA Working Papers 2018-12, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Chiorazzo, Vincenzo & D'Apice, Vincenzo & DeYoung, Robert & Morelli, Pierluigi, 2018. "Is the traditional banking model a survivor?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 238-256.
- John V. Duca & Lilit Popoyan & Susan M. Wachter, 2019.
"Real Estate And The Great Crisis: Lessons For Macroprudential Policy,"
Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 37(1), pages 121-137, January.
- John V. Duca & Lilit Popoyan & Susan M. Wachter, 2016. "Real Estate and the Great Crisis: Lessons for Macro-Prudential Policy," LEM Papers Series 2016/30, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Gregory McKee & Albert Kagan, 2018. "Community bank structure an x-efficiency approach," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 51(1), pages 19-41, July.
- John V. Duca & Patric H. Hendershott & David C. Ling, 2017.
"How Taxes and Required Returns Drove Commercial Real Estate Valuations over the Past Four Decades,"
National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 70(3), pages 549-584, September.
- John V. Duca & Patric H. Hendershott & David C. Ling, 2017. "How Taxes and Required Returns Drove Commercial Real Estate Valuations over the Past Four Decades," Working Papers 1703, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, revised 27 Jan 2017.
- Pilar B. Álvarez-Franco & Diego A. Restrepo-Tobón, 2016. "Managerial efficiency and failure of U.S. commercial banks during the 2007-2009 financial crisis: was this time different?," Revista Ecos de Economía, Universidad EAFIT, vol. 20(43), pages 4-22, December.
- Gazi Kara & Cindy M. Vojtech, 2017. "Bank Failures, Capital Buffers, and Exposure to the Housing Market Bubble," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2017-115, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Chapra, Umer, 2017. "The Looming International Financial Crisis: Can the Introduction of Risk Sharing in the Financial System as Required by Islamic Finance, Play a Positive Role in Reducing its Severity?," Islamic Economic Studies, The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), vol. 25, pages 1-13.
- Gerti Shijaku, 2018. "Does Primary Sovereignty Risk Matter for Bank Stability? Evidence from the Albanian Banking System," South-Eastern Europe Journal of Economics, Association of Economic Universities of South and Eastern Europe and the Black Sea Region, vol. 16(2), pages 115-145.
- Coen, Jamie & Francis, William & Rostom, May, 2017. "The determinants of UK credit union failure," Bank of England working papers 658, Bank of England.
More about this item
Keywordsbank failures; credit lines; Great Recession; mortgage-backed securities; real estate;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-URE-2015-06-05 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecb:ecbwps:20151779. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Official Publications). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/emieude.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.