Risk-based capital, portfolio risk, and bank capital: A simultaneous equations approach
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert B. Avery & Allen N. Berger, 1990.
"Risk-based capital and deposit insurance reform,"
9101, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- William R. Keeton, 1989. "The new risk-based capital plan for commercial banks," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Dec, pages 40-60.
- Frederick T. Furlong, 1992. "Capital regulation and bank lending," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, pages 23-33.
- Joseph G. Haubrich & Paul Wachtel, 1993. "Capital requirements and shifts in commercial bank portfolios," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Q III, pages 2-15.
- Koehn, Michael & Santomero, Anthony M, 1980. " Regulation of Bank Capital and Portfolio Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 35(5), pages 1235-44, December.
- Shrieves, Ronald E. & Dahl, Drew, 1992. "The relationship between risk and capital in commercial banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 439-457, April.
- Allen Berger, 1994.
"The Relationship Between Capital and Earnings in Banking,"
Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers
94-17, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Berger, Allen N, 1995. "The Relationship between Capital and Earnings in Banking," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 27(2), pages 432-56, May.
- Allen N. Berger, 1994. "The relationship between capital and earnings in banking," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 94-2, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Diana Hancock & James A. Wilcox, 1994. "Bank Capital and the Credit Crunch: The Roles of Risk-Weighted and Unweighted Capital Regulations," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 22(1), pages 59-94.
- Keeley, Michael C. & Furlong, Frederick T., 1990. "A reexamination of mean-variance analysis of bank capital regulation," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 69-84, March.
- Bradley, Michael G. & Wambeke, Carol A. & Whidbee, David A., 1991. "Risk weights, risk-based capital and deposit insurance," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(4-5), pages 875-893, September.
- Kahane, Yehuda, 1977. "Capital adequacy and the regulation of financial intermediaries," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 207-218, October.
- Furlong, Frederick T. & Keeley, Michael C., 1989. "Capital regulation and bank risk-taking: A note," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 883-891, December.
- Ben S. Bernanke & Cara S. Lown, 1991. "The Credit Crunch," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 22(2), pages 205-248.
- Gennotte, Gerard & Pyle, David, 1991. "Capital controls and bank risk," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(4-5), pages 805-824, September.
- Allen, Linda & Jagtiani, Julapa & Landskroner, Yoram, 1996. "Interest rate risk subsidization in international capital standards," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 251-267, August.
- Dahl, Drew & Shrieves, Ronald E., 1990.
"The impact of regulation on bank equity infusions,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 1209-1228, December.
- Yair E. Orgler & Robert A. Taggart, Jr., 1981. "Implications of Corporate Capital Structure Theory for Banking Institutions," NBER Working Papers 0737, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Buser, Stephen A & Chen, Andrew H & Kane, Edward J, 1981. "Federal Deposit Insurance, Regulatory Policy, and Optimal Bank Capital," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 36(1), pages 51-60, March.
- Orgler, Yair E & Taggart, Robert A, Jr, 1983. "Implications of Corporate Capital Structure Theory for Banking Institutions: A Note," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 15(2), pages 212-21, May.
- Dothan, Uri & Williams, Joseph, 1980. "Banks, bankruptcy, and public regulation," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 65-87, March.
- Kim, Daesik & Santomero, Anthony M, 1988. " Risk in Banking and Capital Regulation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(5), pages 1219-33, December.
- Malcolm C. Alfriend, 1988. "International risk-based capital standard: history and explanation," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Nov, pages 28-34.
- Herbert L. Baer & John N. McElravey, 1993. "Capital shocks and bank growth -- 1973 to 1991," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Jul, pages 2-21.
- Elizabeth S. Laderman, 1994. "Wealth effects of bank holding company securities issuance and loan growth under the risk-based capital requirements," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, pages 30-41.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jebusi:v:49:y:1997:i:6:p:533-547. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.