How the 'made in' can influence the eco-equality assessment of a product: An experimental study on the case of the European Ecolabel
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lozano, Javier & Blanco, Ester & Rey-Maquieira, Javier, 2010. "Can ecolabels survive in the long run?: The role of initial conditions," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(12), pages 2525-2534, October.
- Ravi Parameswaran & Attila Yaprak, 1987. "A Cross-National Comparison of Consumer Research Measures," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 18(1), pages 35-49, March.
- Yuko Onozaka & Dawn Thilmany Mcfadden, 2011. "Does Local Labeling Complement or Compete with Other Sustainable Labels? A Conjoint Analysis of Direct and Joint Values for Fresh Produce Claim," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 93(3), pages 689-702.
- Insch, Gary S. & McBride, J. Brad, 2004. "The impact of country-of-origin cues on consumer perceptions of product quality: A binational test of the decomposed country-of-origin construct," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 57(3), pages 256-265, March.
- Meyers-Levy, Joan & Tybout, Alice M, 1989. "Schema Congruity as a Basis for Product Evaluation," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(1), pages 39-54, June.
- Price, Lydia J. & Dawar, Niraj, 2002. "The joint effects of brands and warranties in signaling new product quality," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 165-190, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-496 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-484 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-606 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-517 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-573 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-483 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-537 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-598 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-482 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-491 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-532 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-479 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-536 is not listed on IDEAS
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-606 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sihem Dekhili & Mohamed Achabou, 2015. "The Influence of the Country-of-Origin Ecological Image on Ecolabelled Product Evaluation: An Experimental Approach to the Case of the European Ecolabel," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 131(1), pages 89-106, September.
- Chengyan Yue & Ben Campbell & Charles Hall & Bridget Behe & Jennifer Dennis & Hayk Khachatryan, 2016. "Consumer Preference for Sustainable Attributes in Plants: Evidence from Experimental Auctions," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 32(2), pages 222-235, April.
- Wang, Cheng Lu & Li, Dongjin & Barnes, Bradley R. & Ahn, Jongseok, 2012. "Country image, product image and consumer purchase intention: Evidence from an emerging economy," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 1041-1051.
- Zachary S Johnson & Yichao Tian & Sangwon Lee, 2016. "Country-of-origin fit: When does a discrepancy between brand origin and country of manufacture reduce consumers’ product evaluations?," Journal of Brand Management, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 23(4), pages 403-418, July.
- Czellar, Sandor & Kocher, Bruno, 2007. "To be or not to be consistent in brand logo changes?," HEC Research Papers Series 875, HEC Paris.
- Steiner, B.E. & Peschel, A.O. & Grebitus, C., 2017. "Multi-Product Category Choices Labeled for Ecological Footprints: Exploring Psychographics and Evolved Psychological Biases for Characterizing Latent Consumer Classes," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 140(C), pages 251-264.
- Jennifer Porter & David Conner & Jane Kolodinsky & Amy Trubek, 2017. "Get real: an analysis of student preference for real food," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 34(4), pages 921-932, December.
- Douadia Bougherara & Sandrine Costa & Mario Teisl, 2013.
"Making or Buying Environmental Public Goods: Do Consumers Care?,"
Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 89(4), pages 767-781.
- Bougherara, Douadia & Costa, Sandrine & Teisl, Mario, 2012. "Making or buying environmental public goods: do consumers care?," Working Papers 207991, Institut National de la recherche Agronomique (INRA), Departement Sciences Sociales, Agriculture et Alimentation, Espace et Environnement (SAE2).
- Douadia Bougherara & Sandrine Costa & Mario Teisl, 2012. "Making or buying environmental public goods: do consumers care?," Working Papers SMART - LERECO 12-04, INRAE UMR SMART-LERECO.
- Feucht, Yvonne & Zander, Katrin, 2017. "Consumers' Willingness to Pay for Climate-Friendly Food in European Countries," 2018 International European Forum (163rd EAAE Seminar), February 5-9, 2018, Innsbruck-Igls, Austria 276930, International European Forum on System Dynamics and Innovation in Food Networks.
- Roggeveen, Anne L. & Goodstein, Ronald C. & Grewal, Dhruv, 2014. "Improving the Effect of Guarantees: The Role of a Retailer's Reputation," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 27-39.
- Valentina Daniela N. CONSTANTIN & Roxana-Denisa G. STOENESCU, 2014. "The Impact Of Origin On Creating A Cult Brand: The Case Of Apple," SEA - Practical Application of Science, Romanian Foundation for Business Intelligence, Editorial Department, issue 3, pages 123-134, April.
- Hsu, Chia-Lin & Chang, Chi-Ya & Yansritakul, Chutinart, 2017. "Exploring purchase intention of green skincare products using the theory of planned behavior: Testing the moderating effects of country of origin and price sensitivity," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 145-152.
- Samiee, Saeed & Jeong, Insik & Pae, Jae Hyeon & Tai, Susan, 2003. "Advertising standardization in multinational corporations: The subsidiary perspective," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 56(8), pages 613-626, August.
- Rik Pieters & Michel Wedel, 2012. "Ad Gist: Ad Communication in a Single Eye Fixation," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 31(1), pages 59-73, January.
- Elizabeth G. Pontikes & William P. Barnett, 2015. "The Persistence of Lenient Market Categories," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 26(5), pages 1415-1431, October.
- Irz, Xavier & Mazzocchi, Mario & Réquillart, Vincent & Soler, Louis-Georges, 2015.
"Research in Food Economics: past trends and new challenges,"
Revue d'Etudes en Agriculture et Environnement, Editions NecPlus, vol. 96(01), pages 187-237, March.
- Xavier IRZ & Mario MAZZOCCHI & Vincent RÉQUILLART & Louis-Georges SOLER, 2015. "Research in Food Economics: past trends and new challenges," Review of Agricultural and Environmental Studies - Revue d'Etudes en Agriculture et Environnement, INRA Department of Economics, vol. 96(1), pages 187-237.
- IRZ, Xavier & MAZZOCCHI, Mario & REQUILLART, Vincent & SOLER, Louis-Georges, 2015. "Research in Food Economics: past trends and new challenges," Review of Agricultural and Environmental Studies - Revue d'Etudes en Agriculture et Environnement (RAEStud), Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique (INRA), vol. 96(1), March.
- Xavier Irz & Mario Mazzocchi & Vincent Requillart & Louis-Georges Soler, 2015. "Research in Food Economics: past trends and new challenges," Post-Print hal-01884941, HAL.
- Nicola Bellini & Cecilia Pasquinelli, 2016. "Urban brandscape as value ecosystem: The cultural destination strategy of fashion brands," Place Branding and Public Diplomacy, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 12(1), pages 5-16, February.
- Printezis, Iryna & Grebitus, Carola, 2018. "Marketing Channels for Local Food," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 152(C), pages 161-171.
- Koschmann, Anthony & Bowman, Douglas, 2018. "Evaluating marketplace synergies of ingredient brand alliances," International Journal of Research in Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 575-590.
- Jean-Charles Pillet & Kevin Carillo & Claudio Vitari & Federico Pigni, 2020. "What Does It Do? Theorizing Functional Ambiguity As A Factor Influencing User Perceptions Of Information Technology," Grenoble Ecole de Management (Post-Print) hal-03026903, HAL.
More about this item
Keywordsconsumer behaviour; country of origin; european ecolabel; sustainable development;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ipg:wpaper:2014-140. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ipagpfr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Ingmar Schumacher (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ipagpfr.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.