"Twin deficits" in Greece in search of causality
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Engelbert Stockhammer & Dimitris P. Sotiropoulos, 2014.
"Rebalancing the Euro Area: The Costs of Internal Devaluation,"
Review of Political Economy,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(2), pages 210-233, April.
- Engelbert Stockhammer & Dimitris Sotiropoulos, 2012. "Rebalancing the Euro area: The costs of internal devaluation," Working Papers PKWP1206, Post Keynesian Economics Society (PKES).
- Belke, Ansgar & Dreger, Christian, 2011.
"Current account imbalances in the euro area: Catching up or competitiveness?,"
297, European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder), Department of Business Administration and Economics.
- Belke, Ansgar & Dreger, Christian, 2011. "Current account imbalances in the euro area: Catching up or competitiveness?," Annual Conference 2011 (Frankfurt, Main): The Order of the World Economy - Lessons from the Crisis 48711, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Belke, Ansgar & Dreger, Christian, 2011. "Current Account Imbalances in the Euro Area: Catching up or Competitiveness?," Ruhr Economic Papers 241, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Ansgar Belke & Christian Dreger, 2011. "Current Account Imbalances in the Euro Area: Catching up or Competitiveness?," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1106, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Barro, Robert J. & Gordon, David B., 1983.
"Rules, discretion and reputation in a model of monetary policy,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 101-121.
- Robert J. Barro & David B. Gordon, 1983. "Rules, Discretion and Reputation in a Model of Monetary Policy," NBER Working Papers 1079, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barro, Robert J, 1974. "Are Government Bonds Net Wealth?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(6), pages 1095-1117, Nov.-Dec..
- Christopher J. Erceg & Luca Guerrieri & Christopher Gust, 2005.
"Expansionary Fiscal Shocks and the US Trade Deficit,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(3), pages 363-397, December.
- Christopher J. Erceg & Luca Guerrieri & Christopher J. Gust, 2005. "Expansionary fiscal shocks and the trade deficit," International Finance Discussion Papers 825, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Christopher Erceg & Luca Guerrieri, 2005. "Expansionary Fiscal Shocks and the Trade Deficit," Computing in Economics and Finance 2005 128, Society for Computational Economics.
- Michael G. Arghyrou & Georgios Chortareas, 2008.
"Current Account Imbalances and Real Exchange Rates in the Euro Area,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(4), pages 747-764, September.
- Arghyrou, Michael G & Chortareas, Georgios, 2006. "Current Account Imbalances and Real Exchange Rates in the Euro Area," Cardiff Economics Working Papers E2006/23, Cardiff University, Cardiff Business School, Economics Section.
- Johansen, Soren & Juselius, Katarina, 1990. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Inference on Cointegration--With Applications to the Demand for Money," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(2), pages 169-210, May.
- Ahmad Baharumshah & Evan Lau & Ahmed Khalid, 2006.
"Testing Twin Deficits Hypothesis using VARs and Variance Decomposition,"
Journal of the Asia Pacific Economy,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(3), pages 331-354.
- Ahmad Zubaidi Baharumshah & Evan Lau & Ahmed M. Khalid, 2005. "Testing Twin Deficits Hypothesis: Using VARs and Variance Decomposition," International Finance 0504001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Taylor, Lance, 1994. "Gap models," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 17-34, October.
- Thirlwall, Anthony P & Hussain, Mohammed Nureldin, 1982. "The Balance of Payments Constraint, Capital Flows and Growth Rate Differences between Developing Countries," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 34(3), pages 498-510, November.
- Granger, C W J, 1969. "Investigating Causal Relations by Econometric Models and Cross-Spectral Methods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(3), pages 424-438, July.
- Christian Schoder & Christian R. Proaño & Willi Semmler, 2013.
"Are The Current Account Imbalances Between Emu Countries Sustainable? Evidence From Parametric And Non‐Parametric Tests,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 28(7), pages 1179-1204, November.
- Christian Schoder & Christian R. Proaño & Willi Semmler, 2011. "Are Current Account Imbalances Between EMU Countries Sustainable? Evidence from Parametric and Non-Parametric Tests," SCEPA working paper series. SCEPA's main areas of research are macroeconomic policy, inequality and poverty, and globalization. 2011-6, Schwartz Center for Economic Policy Analysis (SCEPA), The New School.
- Kollintzas, Tryphon & Papageorgiou, Dimitris & Vassilatos, Vanghelis, 2012. "An Explanation of the Greek Crisis: "The Insiders - Outsiders Society"," CEPR Discussion Papers 8996, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jörg Decressin & Emil Stavrev, 2009. "Current Accounts in a Currency Union," IMF Working Papers 09/127, International Monetary Fund.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Schneider, Friedrich, 2011. "The Shadow Economy and Shadow Economy Labor Force: What Do We (Not) Know?," IZA Discussion Papers 5769, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Toda, Hiro Y. & Yamamoto, Taku, 1995. "Statistical inference in vector autoregressions with possibly integrated processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1-2), pages 225-250.
- Abell, John D., 1990. "Twin deficits during the 1980s: An empirical investigation," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 81-96.
- Juselius, Katarina, 2006. "The Cointegrated VAR Model: Methodology and Applications," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199285679.
- Olivier Blanchard & Francesco Giavazzi, 2002. "Current Account Deficits in the Euro Area: The End of the Feldstein Horioka Puzzle?," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 33(2), pages 147-210.
- George Vamvoukas, 1999. "The twin deficits phenomenon: evidence from Greece," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(9), pages 1093-1100.
- Kydland, Finn E & Prescott, Edward C, 1977. "Rules Rather Than Discretion: The Inconsistency of Optimal Plans," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(3), pages 473-491, June.
- Taylor, Lance & Lysy, Frank J., 1979. "Vanishing income redistributions : Keynesian clues about model surprises in the short run," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 11-29, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:nov:artigo:v:25:y:2015:i:spe:p:777-802 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michalis Nikiforos & Dimitri B. Papadimitriou & Gennaro Zezza, 2015. "The Greek Public Debt Problem," Economics Policy Note Archive 15-2, Levy Economics Institute.
- repec:spr:empeco:v:56:y:2019:i:2:d:10.1007_s00181-017-1368-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michalis Nikiforos & Gennaro Zezza, 2017. "Stock-flow Consistent Macroeconomic Models: A Survey," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_891, Levy Economics Institute.
- Samia OMRANE BELGUITH, 2016. "Twin deficit in MENA countries: an empirical investigation," Romanian Economic Journal, Department of International Business and Economics from the Academy of Economic Studies Bucharest, vol. 19(60), pages 123-146, June.
- Demdoumi, Meriem, 2016.
"La gestion structurelle des déficits jumeaux au Maroc et la recherche d’une stratégie d’équilibre
[Structural management of twin deficits in Morocco and Finding an equilibrium strategy]," MPRA Paper 71533, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2016.
- Sergio Cesaratto & Gennaro Zezza, 2018.
"Farsi male da soli. Disciplina esterna, domanda aggregata e il declino economico italiano,"
Department of Economics University of Siena
793, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- Sergio Cesaratto & Gennaro Zezza, 2018. "Farsi male da soli: Disciplina esterna, domanda aggregata e il declino economico italiano," Working Papers 2018-05, Universita' di Cassino, Dipartimento di Economia e Giurisprudenza.
- repec:bla:jecsur:v:31:y:2017:i:5:p:1204-1239 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gennaro Zezza & Francesco Zezza, 2019. "On the Design of Empirical Stock-Flow-Consistent Models," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_919, Levy Economics Institute.
More about this item
KeywordsGreece; crisis; public debt; twin deficits; imbalances;
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- F34 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Lending and Debt Problems
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CBA-2015-02-28 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2015-02-28 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-OPM-2015-02-28 (Open Economy Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imk:wpaper:143-2014. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sabine Nemitz). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imkhbde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.