Female labour force participation in Bangladesh : trends, drivers and barriers
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Todaro, Michael P, 1969. "A Model for Labor Migration and Urban Unemployment in Less Developed Countries," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(1), pages 138-148, March.
- Sarah Bridges & David Lawson & Sharifa Begum, 2011. "Labour Market Outcomes in Bangladesh: The Role of Poverty and Gender Norms," The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 23(3), pages 459-487, July.
- Khandker, Shahidur R, 1987. "Labor Market Participation of Married Women in Bangladesh," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 69(3), pages 536-541, August.
- Schultz, T Paul, 1990.
"Women's Changing Participation in the Labor Force: A World Perspective,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 38(3), pages 457-488, April.
- Schultz, T.P., 1989. "Women'S Changing Participation In The Labor Force: A World Perspective," Papers 571, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Schultz, T. Paul, 1989. "Women's changing participation in the labor force : a world perspective," Policy Research Working Paper Series 272, The World Bank.
- Salma Ahmed & Pushkar Maitra, 2010. "Gender Wage Discrimination in Rural and Urban Labour Markets of Bangladesh," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(1), pages 83-112.
- Khandker, Shahidur R, 1988. "Determinants of Women's Time Allocation in Rural Bangladesh," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 37(1), pages 111-126, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chakraborty, Tanika & Mukherjee, Anirban & Rachapalli, Swapnika Reddy & Saha, Sarani, 2018.
"Stigma of sexual violence and women’s decision to work,"
Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 226-238.
- Chakraborty, Tanika & Mukherjee, Anirban & Rachapalli, Swapnika Reddy & Saha, Sarani, 2017. "Stigma of Sexual Violence and Women's Decision to Work," IZA Discussion Papers 10934, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Chakraborty, Tanika & Mukherjee, Anirban & Rachapalli,Swapnika Reddy & Saha, Sarani, 2017. "Stigma of Sexual Violence and Womens Decision to Work," GLO Discussion Paper Series 96, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Taniya Ghosh & Sanika Sulochani Ramanayake, 2018. "Women empowerment and good times: Which one leads to the other?," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2018-004, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:486789 is not listed on IDEAS
- World Bank, 2016. "Bangladesh Social Protection and Labor Review," World Bank Other Operational Studies 25265, The World Bank.
- Amrit Amirapu & M Niaz Asadullah & Zaki Wahhaj, 2018. "Marriage, Work and Migration: The Role of Infrastructure Development and Gender Norms," Studies in Economics 1810, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Sudarshan, Ratna M., 2014. "Enabling women's work," ILO Working Papers 994860303402676, International Labour Organization.
- Rahman, Mustafizur & Al-Hasan, Md., 2018. "Male-Female wage gap and informal employment in Bangladesh: A quantile regression approach," MPRA Paper 90131, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sher Verick, 2014. "Female labor force participation in developing countries," IZA World of Labor, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA), pages 1-87, September.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:111:y:2018:i:c:p:41-58 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ilo:ilowps:486030 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ghani,Syed Ejaz & Grover,Arti & Kerr,Sari & Kerr,William Robert, 2016. "Will market competition trump gender discrimination in India ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7814, The World Bank.
- Naila Kabeer, 2016. "Gender Equality, Economic Growth, and Women's Agency: the "Endless Variety" and "Monotonous Similarity" of Patriarchal Constraints," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(1), pages 295-321, January.
- Sanika Sulochani Ramanayake & Taniya Ghosh, 2017.
"Role of Gender Gap in Economic Growth: Analysis on Developing Countries versus OECD Countries,"
- Sanika Sulochani Ramanayake & Taniya Ghosh, 2017. "Role of gender gap in economic growth: Analysis on developing countries versus OECD countries," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2017-001, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
More about this item
Keywordswomen workers; labour force participation; employment; Bangladesh; travailleuses; taux d'activité; emploi; Bangladesh; trabajadoras; tasa de actividad de mano de obra; empleo; Bangladesh;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ilo:ilowps:994834893402676. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vesa Sivunen). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ilounch.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.