Bilingual education and school choice: a case study of public secondary schools in the Spanish region of Madrid
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hynsjö, Disa & Damon, Amy, 2016. "Bilingual education in Peru: Evidence on how Quechua-medium education affects indigenous children's academic achievement," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 116-132.
- Chin, Aimee & Daysal, N. Meltem & Imberman, Scott A., 2013.
"Impact of bilingual education programs on limited English proficient students and their peers: Regression discontinuity evidence from Texas,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 63-78.
- Aimee Chin & N. Meltem Daysal & Scott A. Imberman, 2012. "Impact of Bilingual Education Programs on Limited English Proficient Students and Their Peers: Regression Discontinuity Evidence from Texas," NBER Working Papers 18197, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chin, Aimee & Daysal, N. Meltem & Imberman, Scott A., 2012. "Impact of Bilingual Education Programs on Limited English Proficient Students and Their Peers: Regression Discontinuity Evidence from Texas," IZA Discussion Papers 6694, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Chin, A. & Meltem Daysal, N. & Imberman, S.A., 2012. "Impact of Bilingual Education Programs on Limited English Proficient Students and Their Peers : Regression Discontinuity Evidence from Texas," Discussion Paper 2012-050, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Seid, Yared, 2016. "Does learning in mother tongue matter? Evidence from a natural experiment in Ethiopia," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 21-38.
- Donald R. Williams, 2011. "Multiple language usage and earnings in Western Europe," International Journal of Manpower, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 32(4), pages 372-393, July.
- Chakrabarti, Rajashri, 2013.
"Do vouchers lead to sorting under random private school selection? Evidence from the Milwaukee voucher program,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 191-218.
- Rajashri Chakrabarti, 2005. "Do Vouchers Lead to Sorting under Random Private School Selection? Evidence from the Milwaukee Voucher Program," Public Economics 0512004, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chakrabarti, Rajashri, 2009. "Do vouchers lead to sorting under random private-school selection? Evidence from the Milwaukee voucher program," Staff Reports 379, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, revised 01 Feb 2011.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:98:y:2017:i:c:p:195-213 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lorraine Dearden & Chris Ryan & Luke Sibieta, 2011. "What Determines Private School Choice? A Comparison between the United Kingdom and Australia," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 44(3), pages 308-320, September.
- Lohmann, Johannes, 2011. "Do language barriers affect trade?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 110(2), pages 159-162, February.
- Taylor, Stephen & von Fintel, Marisa, 2016.
"Estimating the impact of language of instruction in South African primary schools: A fixed effects approach,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 75-89.
- Stephen Taylor & Marisa Coetzee, 2013. "Estimating the impact of language of instruction in South African primary schools: A fixed effects approach," Working Papers 21/2013, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Lankford, Hamilton & Wyckoff, James, 2001. "Who Would Be Left Behind by Enhanced Private School Choice?," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 288-312, September.
- Wang, Haining & Smyth, Russell & Cheng, Zhiming, 2017. "The economic returns to proficiency in English in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 91-104.
- Henry M. Levin, 1998. "Educational vouchers: Effectiveness, choice, and costs," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(3), pages 373-392.
- Dee, Thomas S. & Fu, Helen, 2004. "Do charter schools skim students or drain resources?," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 259-271, June.
- Victor A. Ginsburgh & Juan Prieto-Rodriguez, 2011.
"Returns to Foreign Languages of Native Workers in the European Union,"
Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 64(3), pages 599-618, April.
- GINSBURGH, Victor A. & PRIETO-RODRIGUEZ, Juan, 2011. "Returns to foreign languages of native workers in the European Union," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2316, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Lankford, Hamilton & Wyckoff, James, 1992. "Primary and secondary school choice among public and religious alternatives," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 317-337, December.
- Kossoudji, Sherrie A, 1988. "English Language Ability and the Labor Market Opportunities of Hispanic and East Asian Immigrant Men," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 6(2), pages 205-228, April.
- Casale, Daniela & Posel, Dorrit, 2011.
"English language proficiency and earnings in a developing country: The case of South Africa,"
Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics),
Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 385-393, August.
- Daniela Casale & Dorrit Posel, 2010. "English Language Proficiency and Earnings in a Developing Country: The Case of South Africa," Working Papers 181, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Royston, Patrick & White, Ian R., 2011. "Multiple Imputation by Chained Equations (MICE): Implementation in Stata," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 45(i04).
- María Jesús Mancebón-Torrubia & Domingo Pérez Ximénez-de-Embún, 2014. "Equality of school choice: a study applied to the Spanish region of Aragón," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(1), pages 90-111, February.
- Anders Böhlmark & Helena Holmlund & Mikael Lindahl, 2016. "Parental choice, neighbourhood segregation or cream skimming? An analysis of school segregation after a generalized choice reform," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 29(4), pages 1155-1190, October.
- Ku, Hyejin & Zussman, Asaf, 2010. "Lingua franca: The role of English in international trade," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 250-260, August.
More about this item
KeywordsBilingual education; school choice; cream skimming; PISA 2015; Regional Assessment of Educational Competences; Spanish region of Madrid;
- I24 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Education and Inequality
- I28 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Government Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ieb:wpaper:doc2019-01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iebubes.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.