Private financing of long-term care: income, savings and reverse mortgages
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Carole Bonnet & Sandrine Juin & Anne Laferrère, 2019. "Private Financing of Long‑Term Care: Income, Savings and Reverse Mortgages," Economie et Statistique / Economics and Statistics, Institut National de la Statistique et des Études Économiques (INSEE), issue 507-508, pages 5-24.
- Carole Bonnet & Sandrine Juin & Anne Laferrère, 2019. "Private financing of long-term care: income, savings and reverse mortgages," Erudite Working Paper 2019-14, Erudite.
References listed on IDEAS
- Benítez-Silva, Hugo & Eren, Selçuk & Heiland, Frank & Jiménez-Martín, Sergi, 2015.
"How well do individuals predict the selling prices of their homes?,"
Journal of Housing Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 12-25.
- Hugo Benitez-Silva & Selcuk Eren & Frank Heiland & Sergi Jimenez-Martin, 2007. "How well do Individuals predict the Selling Prices of their Homes?," Department of Economics Working Papers 07-06, Stony Brook University, Department of Economics.
- Hugo Benitez-Silva & Selcuk Eren & Frank Heiland & Sergi Jimenez-Martín, 2009. "How Well Do Individuals Predict the Selling Prices of Their Homes?," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_571, Levy Economics Institute.
- Hugo Benítez-Silva & Selcuk Eren & Frank Heiland & Sergi Jiménez-Martín, 2008. "How well do individuals predict the selling prices of their homes?," Economics Working Papers 1065, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Apr 2008.
- Hugo Benítez-Silva & Selcuk Eren & Frank Heiland & Sergi Jiménez-Martín, 2008. "How Well do Individuals Predict the Selling Prices of their Homes?," Working Papers 2008-10, FEDEA.
- Roméo Fontaine & Manuel Plisson & Nina Zerrar, 2014.
"Dans quelle mesure les préférences individuelles contraignent‑elles le développement du marché de l’assurance dépendance ?,"
Économie et Statistique,
Programme National Persée, vol. 474(1), pages 35-68.
- Roméo Fontaine & Manuel Plisson & Nina Zerrar, 2014. "Dans quelle mesure les préférences individuelles contraignent-elles le développement du marché de l'assurance dépendance ?," Post-Print hal-01391598, HAL.
- Roméo Fontaine & Manuel Plisson & Nina Zerrar, 2015. "Dans quelle mesure les préférences individuelles contraignent-elles le développement du marché de l’assurance dépendance ?," Post-Print halshs-01229010, HAL.
- Venti, Steven F. & Wise, David A., 1991. "Aging and the income value of housing wealth," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 371-397, April.
- Carin van der Cruijsen & David-Jan Jansen & Maarten van Rooij, 2014. "The rose-colored glasses of homeowners," DNB Working Papers 421, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Arjen Hussem & Casper Ewijk & Harry Rele & Albert Wong, 2016.
"The Ability to Pay for Long-Term Care in the Netherlands: A Life-cycle Perspective,"
Springer, vol. 164(2), pages 209-234, June.
- Harry ter Rele & Arjen Hussem & Casper van Ewijk & Albert Wong, 2016. "The ability to pay for long-term care in the Netherlands: a life-cycle perspective," CPB Discussion Paper 321, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Rachel Ong, 2008.
"Unlocking Housing Equity Through Reverse Mortgages: The Case of Elderly Homeowners in Australia,"
International Journal of Housing Policy,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(1), pages 61-79.
- Rachel Ong, 2008. "Unlocking Housing Equity Through Reverse Mortgages: The Case of Elderly Homeowners in Australia," European Journal of Housing Policy, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 8(1), pages 61-79.
- Bernheim, B Douglas & Shleifer, Andrei & Summers, Lawrence H, 1986.
"The Strategic Bequest Motive,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 4(3), pages 151-182, July.
- Forder, Julien & Fernández, José-Luis, 2009. "Analysing the costs and benefits of social care funding arrangements in England: technical report," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24977, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Todd Sinai & Nicholas S. Souleles, 2007.
"Net Worth and Housing Equity in Retirement,"
NBER Working Papers
13693, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sinai, Todd & Souleles, Nicholas S., 2007. "Net worth and housing equity in retirement," CFS Working Paper Series 2007/34, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Todd Sinai & Nicholas S. Souleles, 2007. "Net worth and housing equity in retirement," Working Papers 07-33, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Albrecht, Gary L. & Devlieger, Patrick J., 1999. "The disability paradox: high quality of life against all odds," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 48(8), pages 977-988, April.
- Rickayzen, B.D. & Walsh, D.E.P., 2002. "A Multi-State Model of Disability for the United Kingdom: Implications for Future Need for Long-Term Care for the Elderly," British Actuarial Journal, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(02), pages 341-393, June.
- Fornero, Elsa & Rossi, Mariacristina & Urzí Brancati, Maria Cesira, 2016. "Explaining why, right or wrong, (Italian) households do not like reverse mortgages," Journal of Pension Economics and Finance, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(02), pages 180-202, April.
- Leora Friedberg & Wenliang Hao & Wei Sun & Anthony Webb & Zhenyu Li, 2014. "New Evidence on the Risk of Requiring Long-Term Care," Working Papers, Center for Retirement Research at Boston College wp2014-12, Center for Retirement Research.
- Norma B. Coe & Courtney Harold Van Houtven, 2009.
"Caring for mom and neglecting yourself? The health effects of caring for an elderly parent,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(9), pages 991-1010.
- Coe, N.B. & Van Houtven, C.H., 2008. "Caring for Mom and Neglecting Yourself? The Health Effects of Caring for an Elderly Parent," Discussion Paper 2008-89, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Ludovico Carrino & Cristina Elisa Orso, 2014. "Eligibility and inclusiveness of Long-Term Care Institutional frameworks in Europe: a cross-country comparison," Working Papers 2014:28, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Tim Muir, 2017. "Measuring social protection for long-term care," OECD Health Working Papers 93, OECD Publishing.
- repec:taf:uaajxx:v:10:y:2006:i:4:p:90-102 is not listed on IDEAS
- Vincenzo Atella & Federico Belotti & Ludovico Carrino & Andrea Piano Mortari, 2017. "The future of Long Term Care in Europe. An investigation using a dynamic microsimulation model," CEIS Research Paper 405, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 08 May 2017.
More about this item
Keywordslong-term care; housing; reverse mortgage; microsimulation; COMPARAISON INTERNATIONALE / INTERNATIONAL COMPARISON; LOGEMENT / HOUSING; INCAPACITE / DISABILITY; FINANCEMENT / FINANCING; PROPRIETE / OWNERSHIP; MICROSIMULATION / MICROSIMULATION; DEPENDANCE / DEPENDENCY; VIEILLISSEMENT / AGEING; INEGALITE SOCIALE / SOCIAL INEQUALITY; EUROPE / EUROPE;
- J14 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of the Elderly; Economics of the Handicapped; Non-Labor Market Discrimination
- D14 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Saving; Personal Finance
- I13 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Insurance, Public and Private
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:idg:wpaper:awqmwb5mxmqcvuzmm_sd. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Karin Sohler). General contact details of provider: https://archined.ined.fr .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.