Reversing the Trend: The Recent Expansion of the Reverse Mortgage Market
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Hui Shan, 2009. "Reversing the trend: the recent expansion of the reverse mortgage market," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2009-42, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
References listed on IDEAS
- B. Douglas Bernheim, 2000. "How Much Should Americans Be Saving for Retirement?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 288-292.
- Steven F. Venti & David A. Wise, 2004. "Aging and Housing Equity: Another Look," NBER Chapters,in: Perspectives on the Economics of Aging, pages 127-180 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Todd Sinai & Nicholas S. Souleles, 2007.
"Net Worth and Housing Equity in Retirement,"
NBER Working Papers
13693, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Todd Sinai & Nicholas S. Souleles, 2007. "Net worth and housing equity in retirement," Working Papers 07-33, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Sinai, Todd & Souleles, Nicholas S., 2007. "Net worth and housing equity in retirement," CFS Working Paper Series 2007/34, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Steven F. Venti & David A. Wise, 1989. "Aging, Moving, and Housing Wealth," NBER Chapters,in: The Economics of Aging, pages 9-54 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Venti, Steven F. & Wise, David A., 1991. "Aging and the income value of housing wealth," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, pages 371-397.
- Sally R. Merrill & Meryl Finkel & Nandinee K. Kutty, 1994. "Potential Beneficiaries from Reverse Mortgage Products for Elderly Homeowners: An Analysis of American Housing Survey Data," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, pages 257-299.
- repec:crr:issbrf:ib2007-7-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bradford Case & Ann B. Schnare, 1994. "Preliminary Evaluation of the HECM Reverse Mortgage Program," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, pages 301-346.
- Christopher J. Mayer & Katerina V. Simons, 1994. "Reverse Mortgages and the Liquidity of Housing Wealth," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, pages 235-255.
- B. Douglas Bernheim, 2000.
"How Much Should Americans Be Saving for Retirement?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, pages 288-292.
- B. Douglas Bernheim & Lorenzo Forni & Jagadeesh Gokhale & Laurence J. Kotlikoff, 2000. "How much should Americans be saving for retirement?," Working Paper 0002, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chan, Sewin & Haughwout, Andrew & Tracy, Joseph, 2015. "How Mortgage Finance Affects the Urban Landscape," Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, Elsevier.
- Dillingh, Rik, 2016. "Empirical essays on behavioral economics and lifecycle decisions," Other publications TiSEM 0e2143e3-bd86-4302-90eb-e, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Davidoff, Thomas & Gerhard, Patrick & Post, Thomas, 2017. "Reverse mortgages: What homeowners (don’t) know and how it matters," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 133(C), pages 151-171.
- Michael Dotsey & Margarida Duarte, 2017.
"How Important is the Currency Denomination of Exports in Open Economy Models?,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 23, pages 1-18, January.
- Michael Dotsey & Margarida Duarte, 2009. "How Important is the Currency Denomination of Exports in Open-Economy Models?," Working Papers tecipa-383, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Irina A. Telyukova & Makoto Nakajima, 2011. "Reverse Mortgage Loans: A Quantitative Analysis," 2011 Meeting Papers 387, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Michael Dotsey & Margarida Duarte, 2009. "How important is the currency denomination of exports in open-economy models?," Working Papers 09-32, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Swarn Chatterjee, 2016. "Reverse Mortgage Participation in the United States: Evidence from a National Study," International Journal of Financial Studies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(1), pages 1-10, March.
- Moulton, Stephanie & Haurin, Donald R. & Shi, Wei, 2015. "An analysis of default risk in the Home Equity Conversion Mortgage (HECM) program," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 17-34.
- Ming Pu & Gang-Zhi Fan & Yongheng Deng, 2014. "Breakeven Determination of Loan Limits for Reverse Mortgages under Information Asymmetry," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 48(3), pages 492-521, April.
- Makoto Nakajima, 2012. "Everything you always wanted to know about reverse mortgages but were afraid to ask," Business Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, issue Q1, pages 19-31.
- Irina A. Telyukova & Makoto Nakajima, 2011.
"Reverse Mortgage Loans: A Quantitative Analysis,"
2011 Meeting Papers
387, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Makoto Nakajima & Irina A. Telyukova, 2013. "Reverse mortgage loans: a quantitative analysis," Working Papers 13-27, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Nakajima, Makoto & Telyukova, Irina A., 2014. "Reverse mortgage loans: a quantitative analysis," Working Papers 14-27, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- repec:gam:jijfss:v:4:y:2016:i:1:p:5:d:65957 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:hapoch:v1_237 is not listed on IDEAS
- Timothy Jones & Dean Gatzlaff & G. Stacy Sirmans, 2016. "Housing Market Dynamics: Disequilibrium, Mortgage Default, and Reverse Mortgages," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 53(3), pages 269-281, October.
- Donald Haurin & Chao Ma & Stephanie Moulton & Maximilian Schmeiser & Jason Seligman & Wei Shi, 2016. "Spatial Variation in Reverse Mortgages Usage: House Price Dynamics and Consumer Selection," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 53(3), pages 392-417, October.
- Fang, H., 2016. "Insurance Markets for the Elderly," Handbook of the Economics of Population Aging, Elsevier.
- Stephanie Moulton & Donald Haurin & Samuel Dodini & Maximilian D. Schmeiser, 2016. "How Home Equity Extraction and Reverse Mortgages Affect the Credit Outcomes of Senior Households," Working Papers wp351, University of Michigan, Michigan Retirement Research Center.
- Carmen Hoyo & David Tuesta, 2013. "Financing retirement with real estate assets: an analysis of Mexico," Working Papers 1335, BBVA Bank, Economic Research Department.
- Carmen Hoyo & David Tuesta, 2013. "Financiando la jubilacion con activos inmobiliarios: un analisis de caso para Mexico," Working Papers 1334, BBVA Bank, Economic Research Department.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:reesec:v:39:y:2011:i:4:p:743-768. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/areueea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.