Riskiness for sets of gambles
Aumann--Serrano (2008) and Foster--Hart (2009) suggest two new riskiness measures, each of which enables one to elicit a complete and objective ranking of gambles according to their riskiness. Hart (2011) shows that both measures can be obtained by looking at a large set of utility functions and applying "uniform rejection criteria" to rank the gambles in accordance with this set of utilities. We use the same "uniform rejection criteria" to extend these two riskiness measures to the realm of uncertainty and develop complete and objective rankings of sets of gambles, which arise naturally in models of decision making under uncertainty.
|Date of creation:||Mar 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.ratio.huji.ac.il/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Amnon Schreiber, 2012. "An Economic Index of Relative Riskiness," Discussion Paper Series dp597, The Federmann Center for the Study of Rationality, the Hebrew University, Jerusalem.
- Jörg Stoye, 2011. "Statistical decisions under ambiguity," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 70(2), pages 129-148, February.
- repec:bla:restud:v:74:y:2007:i:2:p:567-595 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sergiu Hart, 2010.
"Comparing Risks by Acceptance and Rejection,"
Discussion Paper Series
dp531, The Federmann Center for the Study of Rationality, the Hebrew University, Jerusalem.
- Wojciech Olszewski, 2007. "Preferences Over Sets of Lotteries -super-1," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 74(2), pages 567-595.
- Thibault Gajdos & Takashi Hayashi & Jean-Marc Tallon & Jean-Christophe Vergnaud, 2006.
"Attitude toward imprecise information,"
Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers)
- Thibault Gajdos & Takashi Hayashi & Jean-Marc Tallon & Jean-Christophe Vergnaud, 2006. "Attitude toward imprecise information," Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques v06081, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Thibault Gajdos & Takashi Hayashi & Jean-Marc Tallon & Jean-Christophe Vergnaud, 2008. "Attitude toward imprecise information," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00451982, HAL.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:huj:dispap:dp603. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ilan Nehama)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.