An Operational Measure of Riskiness
We propose a measure of riskiness of “gambles” (risky assets) that is objective: it depends only on the gamble and not on the decision maker. The measure is based on identifying for every gamble the critical wealth level below which it becomes “risky” to accept the gamble.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert J. Aumann & Roberto Serrano, 2007.
"An Economic Index of Riskiness,"
Discussion Paper Series
dp446, The Federmann Center for the Study of Rationality, the Hebrew University, Jerusalem.
- Robert J. Aumann & Roberto Serrano, 2007. "An economic index of riskiness," Working Papers 2007-08, Instituto Madrileño de Estudios Avanzados (IMDEA) Ciencias Sociales.
- Robert J. Aumann & Roberto Serrano, 2006. "An Economic Index of Riskiness," Working Papers 2006-20, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Robert J. Aumann & Roberto Serrano, 2007. "An Economic Index of Riskiness," Levine's Bibliography 321307000000000836, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Robert J. Aumann & Roberto Serrano, 2006. "An Economic Index of Riskiness," Levine's Bibliography 321307000000000585, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Palacios-Huerta, Ignacio & Serrano, Roberto, 2006.
"Rejecting small gambles under expected utility,"
Elsevier, vol. 91(2), pages 250-259, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jpolec:doi:10.1086/644840. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.