Punishment, Cooperation, and Cheater Detection in "Noisy" Social Exchange
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Gary Bornstein & Ori Weisel, 2010. "Punishment, Cooperation, and Cheater Detection in “Noisy” Social Exchange," Games, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 1(1), pages 1-16, March.
References listed on IDEAS
- Klaus Abbink & Bernd Irlenbusch & Elke Renner, 2006.
"Group Size and Social Ties in Microfinance Institutions,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 44(4), pages 614-628, October.
- Abbink, Klaus & Bernd Irlenbusch & Elke Renner, 2002. "Group Size and Social Ties in Microfinance Institutions," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003 1, Royal Economic Society.
- Klaus Abbink & Bernd Irlenbusch, 2004. "Group Size and Social Ties in Microfinance Institutions," Econometric Society 2004 Far Eastern Meetings 404, Econometric Society.
- Dawes, Robyn M & Thaler, Richard H, 1988. "Anomalies: Cooperation," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 2(3), pages 187-197, Summer.
- Herbert Gintis, 2000. "Strong Reciprocity and Human Sociality," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2000-02, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:86:y:1992:i:02:p:404-417_08 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ernst Fehr & Simon Gaechter, 2003. "Altruistic Punishment in Humans," Microeconomics 0305006, EconWPA.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alessandro Bucciol & Natalia Montinari & Marco Piovesan & Jean-Robert Tyran, 2014.
"It Wasn't Me! Visibility and Free Riding in Waste Sorting,"
14-12, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Bucciol, Alessandro & Montinari, Natalia & Piovesan, Marco, 2014. "It Wasn't Me! Visibility and Free Riding in Waste Sorting," Working Papers 2014:17, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- Erte Xiao & Howard Kunreuther, 2016.
"Punishment and Cooperation in Stochastic Social Dilemmas,"
Journal of Conflict Resolution,
Peace Science Society (International), vol. 60(4), pages 670-693, June.
- Erte Xiao & Howard Kunreuther, 2012. "Punishment and Cooperation in Stochastic Social Dilemmas," NBER Working Papers 18458, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Patel, Amrish & Cartwright, Edward & Mark, Van Vugt, 2010. "Punishment Cannot Sustain Cooperation in a Public Good Game with Free-Rider Anonymity," Working Papers in Economics 451, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Dekel, Sagi & Fischer, Sven & Zultan, Ro’i, 2017.
"Potential Pareto Public Goods,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 146(C), pages 87-96.
- Sagi Dekel & Sven Fischer & Ro’i Zultan, 2014. "Punishment and Reward Institutions with Harmed Minorities," Working Papers 1405, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Department of Economics.
- Simon Gaechter, 2014.
"Human Pro-Social Motivation and the Maintenance of Social Order,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
4729, CESifo Group Munich.
- Simon Gaechter, 2014. "Human Pro-Social Motivation and the Maintenance of Social Order," Discussion Papers 2014-02, The Centre for Decision Research and Experimental Economics, School of Economics, University of Nottingham.
- Robbett, Andrea, 2016. "Sustaining cooperation in heterogeneous groups," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 132(PA), pages 121-138.
- Avner Ben-Ner & Matthew Ellman, 2013. "The contributions of behavioural economics to understanding and advancing the sustainability of worker cooperatives," Journal of Entrepreneurial and Organizational Diversity, European Research Institute on Cooperative and Social Enterprises, vol. 2(1), pages 75-100, August.
- Goeschl, Timo & Jarke, Johannes, 2016. "Second and third party punishment under costly monitoring," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 124-133.
- Goeschl, Timo & Jarke, Johannes, 2013. "Non-Strategic Punishment when Monitoring is Costly: Experimental Evidence on Differences between Second and Third Party Behavior," Working Papers 0545, University of Heidelberg, Department of Economics.
- Feess, Eberhard & Schramm, Markus & Wohlschlegel, Ansgar, 2014. "The Impact of Fine Size and Uncertainty on Punishment and Deterrence: Evidence from the Laboratory," MPRA Paper 59463, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
- C - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods
- C7 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory
- C70 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - General
- C71 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Cooperative Games
- C72 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Noncooperative Games
- C73 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Stochastic and Dynamic Games; Evolutionary Games
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-02-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2010-02-13 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-CDM-2010-02-13 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-EVO-2010-02-13 (Evolutionary Economics)
- NEP-GTH-2010-02-13 (Game Theory)
- NEP-HPE-2010-02-13 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-SOC-2010-02-13 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
- NEP-UPT-2010-02-13 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:huj:dispap:dp528. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael Simkin). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/crihuil.html .