The Efficiency of Russian Higher Education Institutions and its Determinants
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Irina Abankina & Fuad Aleskerov & Veronika Belousova & Kirill Zinkovsky & Seva Petrushchenko, 2013. "Evaluating Performance of Universities Using Data Envelopment Analysis," Educational Studies, Higher School of Economics, issue 2, pages 15-48.
- Leshukov Oleg Valerievich & Platonova Daria Pavlovna & Semyonov Dmitry Sergeevich, 2016. "The efficiency of regional higher education systems and competition in Russia," Экономика региона, CyberLeninka;Федеральное государственное бюджетное учреждение науки «Институт экономики Уральского отделения Российской академии наук», vol. 12(2), pages 417-426.
- Banker, Rajiv D. & Thrall, R. M., 1992. "Estimation of returns to scale using data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 74-84, October.
- Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna, 1985. " Nonparametric Cost Approach to Scale Efficiency," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 87(4), pages 594-604.
- Tommaso Agasisti & Geraint Johnes, 2010. "Heterogeneity and the evaluation of efficiency: the case of Italian universities," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(11), pages 1365-1375.
- P. Teixeira & V. Rocha & R. Biscaia & M. F. Cardoso, 2013. "Competition and diversification in public and private higher education," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(35), pages 4949-4958, December.
- Simar, Leopold & Wilson, Paul W., 2002. "Non-parametric tests of returns to scale," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 139(1), pages 115-132, May.
- Abankina, Irina & Aleskerov, Fuad & Belousova, Veronika & Gokhberg, Leonid & Kiselgof, Sofya & Petrushchenko, Vsevolod & Shvydun, Sergey & Zinkovsky, Kirill, 2016. "From equality to diversity: Classifying Russian universities in a performance oriented system," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 228-239.
- repec:lan:wpaper:1031 is not listed on IDEAS
- Johnes, Jill, 2006. "Data envelopment analysis and its application to the measurement of efficiency in higher education," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 273-288, June.
- Banker, Rajiv D., 1984. "Estimating most productive scale size using data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 35-44, July.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Oleg Leshukov & Daria Platonova & Dmitry Semyonov, 2016. "The Efficiency of Regional Higher Education Systems and Competition in Russia," Economy of region, Centre for Economic Security, Institute of Economics of Ural Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences, vol. 1(2), pages 417-426.
- E Thanassoulis & M Kortelainen & G Johnes & J Johnes, 2009. "Costs and Efficiency of Higher Education Institutions in England: A DEA Analysis," Working Papers 598827, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- S. Roshchin & V. Rudakov., 2016. "The effect of university quality on graduates’ wages," VOPROSY ECONOMIKI, N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 8.
- Banker, Rajiv D. & Chang, Hsihui & Cooper, William W., 1996. "Equivalence and implementation of alternative methods for determining returns to scale in data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 89(3), pages 473-481, March.
More about this item
Keywordshigher education; efficiency analysis; data envelopment analysis; returns to scale; Malmquist index.;
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- I22 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Educational Finance; Financial Aid
- I23 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Higher Education; Research Institutions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-02-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-CIS-2017-02-05 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-EDU-2017-02-05 (Education)
- NEP-EFF-2017-02-05 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-TRA-2017-02-05 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hig:wpaper:40edu2017. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamil Abdulaev) or (Victoria Elkina). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/hsecoru.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.