Do Reported Attitudes towards Immigrants Predict Ethnic Discrimination?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jens Agerström & Dan-Olof Rooth, 2009.
"Implicit prejudice and ethnic minorities: Arab-Muslims in Sweden,"
International Journal of Manpower,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 30(1/2), pages 43-55, March.
- Agerström, Jens & Rooth, Dan-Olof, 2008. "Implicit Prejudice and Ethnic Minorities: Arab-Muslims in Sweden," IZA Discussion Papers 3873, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Carlsson, Magnus & Eriksson, Stefan, 2014. "Discrimination in the rental market for apartments," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 41-54.
- P. A. Riach & J. Rich, 2002.
"Field Experiments of Discrimination in the Market Place,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(483), pages 480-518, November.
- Peter Riach & Judith Rich, 2002. "Field experiments of discrimination in the market place," Natural Field Experiments 00328, The Field Experiments Website.
- Rooth, Dan-Olof, 2010. "Automatic associations and discrimination in hiring: Real world evidence," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 523-534, June.
- Waisman, Gisela & Larsen, Birthe, 2007. "Do attitudes towards immigrants matter?," Working Papers 11-2007, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Economics.
- Magnus Carlsson & Dan-Olof Rooth, 2012.
"Revealing taste-based discrimination in hiring: a correspondence testing experiment with geographic variation,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(18), pages 1861-1864, December.
- Carlsson, Magnus & Rooth, Dan-Olof, 2011. "Revealing Taste-Based Discrimination in Hiring: A Correspondence Testing Experiment with Geographic Variation," IZA Discussion Papers 6153, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Olof Åslund & Dan-Olof Rooth, 2005. "Shifts in attitudes and labor market discrimination: Swedish experiences after 9-11," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 18(4), pages 603-629, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stijn Baert & Bart Cockx & Niels Gheyle & Cora Vandamme, 2013.
"Do Employers Discriminate Less if Vacancies are Difficult to Fill? Evidence from a Field Experiment,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
4093, CESifo Group Munich.
- Stijn BAERT & Baert COCKX & Niels GHEYLE & Cora VANDAMME, 2013. "Do Employers Discriminate Less if Vacancies Are Difficult to Fill? Evidence From a Field Experiment," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2013001, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Baert, Stijn & Cockx, Bart & Gheyle, Niels & Vandamme, Cora, 2013. "Do Employers Discriminate Less If Vacancies Are Difficult to Fill? Evidence from a Field Experiment," IZA Discussion Papers 7145, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- S. Baert & B. Cockx & N. Gheyle & C. Vandamme, 2013. "Do Employers Discriminate Less if Vacancies Are Difficult to Fill? Evidence From a Field Experiment," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 13/830, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Cédric Gorinas, 2014. "Ethnic identity, majority norms, and the native–immigrant employment gap," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 27(1), pages 225-250, January.
More about this item
KeywordsAttitudes; Ethnic discrimination; Field experiments; Housing market;
- C93 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Field Experiments
- J15 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Minorities, Races, Indigenous Peoples, and Immigrants; Non-labor Discrimination
- R39 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Other
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-03-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEM-2012-03-08 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-EXP-2012-03-08 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-MIG-2012-03-08 (Economics of Human Migration)
- NEP-POL-2012-03-08 (Positive Political Economics)
- NEP-SOC-2012-03-08 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
- NEP-URE-2012-03-08 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:uunewp:2012_006. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Katarina Grönvall). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nekuuse.html .