Do Reported Attitudes towards Immigrants Predict Ethnic Discrimination?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jens Agerström & Dan-Olof Rooth, 2009.
"Implicit prejudice and ethnic minorities: Arab-Muslims in Sweden,"
International Journal of Manpower, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 30(1/2), pages 43-55, March.
- Agerström, Jens & Rooth, Dan-Olof, 2008. "Implicit Prejudice and Ethnic Minorities: Arab-Muslims in Sweden," IZA Discussion Papers 3873, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Carlsson, Magnus & Eriksson, Stefan, 2014. "Discrimination in the rental market for apartments," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 41-54.
- P. A. Riach & J. Rich, 2002.
"Field Experiments of Discrimination in the Market Place,"
Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(483), pages 480-518, November.
- Peter Riach & Judith Rich, 2002. "Field experiments of discrimination in the market place," Natural Field Experiments 00328, The Field Experiments Website.
- Waisman, Gisela & Larsen, Birthe, 2007. "Do attitudes towards immigrants matter?," Working Papers 11-2007, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Economics.
- Magnus Carlsson & Dan-Olof Rooth, 2012.
"Revealing taste-based discrimination in hiring: a correspondence testing experiment with geographic variation,"
Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(18), pages 1861-1864, December.
- Carlsson, Magnus & Rooth, Dan-Olof, 2011. "Revealing Taste-Based Discrimination in Hiring: A Correspondence Testing Experiment with Geographic Variation," IZA Discussion Papers 6153, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Rooth, Dan-Olof, 2010. "Automatic associations and discrimination in hiring: Real world evidence," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 523-534, June.
- Olof Åslund & Dan-Olof Rooth, 2005. "Shifts in attitudes and labor market discrimination: Swedish experiences after 9-11," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 18(4), pages 603-629, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- S. Baert & B. Cockx & N. Gheyle & C. Vandamme, 2013.
"Do Employers Discriminate Less if Vacancies Are Difficult to Fill? Evidence From a Field Experiment,"
Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium
13/830, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Stijn Baert & Bart Cockx & Niels Gheyle & Cora Vandamme, 2013. "Do Employers Discriminate Less if Vacancies are Difficult to Fill? Evidence from a Field Experiment," CESifo Working Paper Series 4093, CESifo.
- Stijn BAERT & Baert COCKX & Niels GHEYLE & Cora VANDAMME, 2013. "Do Employers Discriminate Less if Vacancies Are Difficult to Fill? Evidence From a Field Experiment," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2013001, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Baert, Stijn & Cockx, Bart & Gheyle, Niels & Vandamme, Cora, 2013. "Do Employers Discriminate Less If Vacancies Are Difficult to Fill? Evidence from a Field Experiment," IZA Discussion Papers 7145, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Cédric Gorinas, 2014. "Ethnic identity, majority norms, and the native–immigrant employment gap," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 27(1), pages 225-250, January.
More about this item
KeywordsAttitudes; Ethnic discrimination; Field experiments; Housing market;
- C93 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Field Experiments
- J15 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Minorities, Races, Indigenous Peoples, and Immigrants; Non-labor Discrimination
- R39 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Other
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-DEM-2012-03-08 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-EXP-2012-03-08 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-MIG-2012-03-08 (Economics of Human Migration)
- NEP-POL-2012-03-08 (Positive Political Economics)
- NEP-SOC-2012-03-08 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
- NEP-URE-2012-03-08 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:uunewp:2012_006. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ulrika Öjdeby). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nekuuse.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.