Parental Separation and Children's Educational Attainment: A Siblings Analysis on Swedish Register Data
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Anders Björklund & Marianne Sundström, 2006. "Parental Separation and Children's Educational Attainment: A Siblings Analysis on Swedish Register Data," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 73(292), pages 605-624, November.
References listed on IDEAS
- Donna K. Ginther & Robert A. Pollak, 2000.
"Does family structure affect children's educational outcomes?,"
FRB Atlanta Working Paper
2000-13, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Donna K. Ginther & Robert A. Pollak, 2003. "Does Family Structure Affect Children's Educational Outcomes?," NBER Working Papers 9628, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John F. Ermisch & Marco Francesconi, 2001. "Family structure and children's achievements," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 14(2), pages 249-270.
- Piketty, Thomas, 2003. "The Impact of Divorce on School Performance: Evidence from France, 1968-2002," CEPR Discussion Papers 4146, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Anne Case & I-Fen Lin & Sara McLanahan, 2000. "Educational Attainment in Blended Families," NBER Working Papers 7874, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rainer Winkelmann, 2003. "Parental Separation and Well-Being of Youths," SOI - Working Papers 0312, Socioeconomic Institute - University of Zurich.
- Philip K. Robins & David H. Greenberg & Paul Fronstin, 2001. "Parental disruption and the labour market performance of children when they reach adulthood," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 14(1), pages 137-172.
- Ermisch, John & Francesconi, Marco, 2001. "Family Matters: Impacts of Family Background on Educational Attainments," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 68(270), pages 137-156, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Björklund, Anders, 2006. "Family Background and Outcomes Later in Life: A (Partial and Personal) Survey of Recent Research Using Swedish Register Data," Working Paper Series 4/2007, Stockholm University, Swedish Institute for Social Research.
- Sundström, Marianne, 2013. "Growing up in a blended family or a stepfamily: What is the impact on education?," Working Paper Series 2/2013, Stockholm University, Swedish Institute for Social Research.
- repec:kap:reveho:v:17:y:2019:i:1:d:10.1007_s11150-017-9396-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:kap:reveho:v:17:y:2019:i:1:d:10.1007_s11150-017-9385-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Ori Zax, 2015. "Human Capital And The Probability Of Divorce," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 67(S1), pages 111-134, December.
- Boll, Christina & Hoffmann, Malte, 2015.
"It's not all about parents' education, it also matters what they do: Parents' employment and children's school success in Germany,"
HWWI Research Papers
162, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Hoffmann, Malte & Dr. Boll, Christina, 2015. "It's not all about parents' education, it also matters what they do. Parents' employment and children's school success in Germany," Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy 112933, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Christina Boll & Malte Hoffmann, 2015. "It's Not All about Parents' Education, It Also Matters What They Do: Parents' Employment and Children's School Success in Germany," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 735, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Ian Walker & Yu Zhu, 2008. "Child Support and Educational Outcomes: Evidence from the British Household Panel Survey," Studies in Economics 0811, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Björklund, Anders & Lindahl, Lena & Lindquist, Matthew J., 2008. "What More Than Parental Income? An Exploration of What Swedish Siblings Get from Their Parents," IZA Discussion Papers 3735, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Helmut Rainer & Timo Hener & Thomas Siedler & Anita Fichtl, 2013. "Politische Sozialisation im Wandel? Zusammenhang von Familienstruktur und bürgerschaftlichem Engagement," ifo Schnelldienst, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 66(17), pages 30-38, September.
- Pronzato, Chiara & Aassve,Arnstein, 2013.
"Marital Breakup and Children's Behavioural Responses,"
Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers
201339, University of Turin.
- Chiara Pronzato & Arnstein Aassve, 2013. "Marital breakup and children's behavioural responses," CHILD Working Papers Series 12, Centre for Household, Income, Labour and Demographic Economics (CHILD) - CCA.
- Nekby, Lena & Vilhelmsson, Roger & Özcan, Gülay, 2007.
"Do Domestic Educations Even Out the Playing Field? Ethnic Labor Market Gaps in Sweden,"
Research Papers in Economics
2007:6, Stockholm University, Department of Economics.
- Nekby, Lena & Özcan, Gülay, 2007. "Do Domestic Educations Even Out the Playing Field? Ethnic Labor Market Gaps in Sweden," SULCIS Working Papers 2007:3, Stockholm University, Linnaeus Center for Integration Studies - SULCIS.
- Letizia Mencarini & Silvia Pasqua & Agnese Romiti, 2014. "Childrenâ€™s time use and family structure in Italy," CHILD Working Papers Series 27, Centre for Household, Income, Labour and Demographic Economics (CHILD) - CCA.
- Frauke H. Peter & C. Katharina Spiess, 2011. "The Bigger the Children, the Bigger the Worries: Are Preschoolers and Adolescents Affected Differently by Family Instability with Regard to Non-cognitive Skills?," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 367, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
More about this item
Keywordsdivorce; child welfare; siblings estimators;
- I20 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - General
- I30 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General
- J12 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Marriage; Marital Dissolution; Family Structure
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EDU-2004-06-21 (Education)
- NEP-LAB-2004-06-22 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LTV-2004-06-21 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
- NEP-URE-2004-06-22 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:sofiwp:2004_004. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stefan Englund). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sofsuse.html .