So how much do you pay for ethical consumption? Estimating the hedonic price for Fair Trade coffee in Sweden
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Chris Arnot & Peter C. Boxall & Sean B. Cash, 2006.
"Do Ethical Consumers Care About Price? A Revealed Preference Analysis of Fair Trade Coffee Purchases,"
Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie,
Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 54(4), pages 555-565, December.
- Chris Arnot & Peter Boxall & Sean Cash, 2006. "Do ethical consumers care about price? A revealed preference analysis of fair trade coffee purchases," Natural Field Experiments 00221, The Field Experiments Website.
- Torsten Steinrücken & Sebastian Jaenichen, 2007. "The Fair Trade Idea: Towards an Economics of Social Labels," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 30(3), pages 201-217, September.
- John Wilkinson, 2007. "Fair Trade: Dynamic and Dilemmas of a Market Oriented Global Social Movement," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 30(3), pages 219-239, September.
- G¸nter Schamel & Kym Anderson, 2003. "Wine Quality and Varietal, Regional and Winery Reputations: Hedonic Prices for Australia and New Zealand," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 79(246), pages 357-369, September.
- Henrik Andersson, 2005. "The Value of Safety as Revealed in the Swedish Car Market: An Application of the Hedonic Pricing Approach," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 30(3), pages 211-239, May.
- William F. Hahn & Kenneth H. Mathews, 2007. "Characteristics and hedonic pricing of differentiated beef demands," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 36(3), pages 377-393, May.
- Marco Costanigro & Jill J. McCluskey & Ron C. Mittelhammer, 2007. "Segmenting the Wine Market Based on Price: Hedonic Regression when Different Prices mean Different Products," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(3), pages 454-466, September.
- Thunström, Linda, 2007.
"The Marginal Willingness-to-Pay for Health Related Food Characteristics,"
Umeå Economic Studies
724, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
- Thunström, Linda, 2007. "The Marginal Willingness-to-Pay for Health Related Food Characteristics," HUI Working Papers 12, HUI Research.
- Basu, Arnab K. & Hicks, Robert L., 2008. "Label Performance and the Willingness to Pay for Fair Trade Coffee: A Cross-National Perspective," Discussion Papers 44336, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Loureiro, Maria L. & Lotade, Justus, 2005. "Do fair trade and eco-labels in coffee wake up the consumer conscience?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 129-138, April.
- repec:feb:natura:0061 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sarah Lyon, 2007. "Fair Trade Coffee and Human Rights in Guatemala," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 30(3), pages 241-261, September.
- Galarraga, Ibon & Markandya, Anil, 2004. "Economic techniques to estimate the demand for sustainable products: a case study for fair trade and organic coffee in the United Kingdom," Economia Agraria y Recursos Naturales, Spanish Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 4(07).
- Durevall, Dick, 2007. "Demand for coffee in Sweden: The role of prices, preferences and market power," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(5-6), pages 566-584.
- Sanja Lutzeyer, 2008. "Estimating Hedonic Prices for Stellenbosch wine," Working Papers 15/2008, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsFair Trade; coffee; eco-labels; hedonic pricing; ethical consumption;
- J80 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Standards - - - General
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:huiwps:0031. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Helena Nilsson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/huistse.html .