So how much do you pay for ethical consumption? Estimating the hedonic price for Fair Trade coffee in Sweden
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Chris Arnot & Peter C. Boxall & Sean B. Cash, 2006.
"Do Ethical Consumers Care About Price? A Revealed Preference Analysis of Fair Trade Coffee Purchases,"
Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie,
Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 54(4), pages 555-565, December.
- Chris Arnot & Peter Boxall & Sean Cash, 2006. "Do ethical consumers care about price? A revealed preference analysis of fair trade coffee purchases," Natural Field Experiments 00221, The Field Experiments Website.
- Torsten Steinrücken & Sebastian Jaenichen, 2007. "The Fair Trade Idea: Towards an Economics of Social Labels," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 30(3), pages 201-217, September.
- John Wilkinson, 2007. "Fair Trade: Dynamic and Dilemmas of a Market Oriented Global Social Movement," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 30(3), pages 219-239, September.
- G¸nter Schamel & Kym Anderson, 2003. "Wine Quality and Varietal, Regional and Winery Reputations: Hedonic Prices for Australia and New Zealand," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 79(246), pages 357-369, September.
- Henrik Andersson, 2005. "The Value of Safety as Revealed in the Swedish Car Market: An Application of the Hedonic Pricing Approach," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 30(3), pages 211-239, May.
- William F. Hahn & Kenneth H. Mathews, 2007. "Characteristics and hedonic pricing of differentiated beef demands," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 36(3), pages 377-393, May.
- Marco Costanigro & Jill J. McCluskey & Ron C. Mittelhammer, 2007. "Segmenting the Wine Market Based on Price: Hedonic Regression when Different Prices mean Different Products," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(3), pages 454-466, September.
- Thunström, Linda, 2007.
"The Marginal Willingness-to-Pay for Health Related Food Characteristics,"
Umeå Economic Studies
724, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
- Thunström, Linda, 2007. "The Marginal Willingness-to-Pay for Health Related Food Characteristics," HUI Working Papers 12, HUI Research.
- Basu, Arnab K. & Hicks, Robert L., 2008. "Label Performance and the Willingness to Pay for Fair Trade Coffee: A Cross-National Perspective," Discussion Papers 44336, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Loureiro, Maria L. & Lotade, Justus, 2005. "Do fair trade and eco-labels in coffee wake up the consumer conscience?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 129-138, April.
- repec:feb:natura:0061 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sarah Lyon, 2007. "Fair Trade Coffee and Human Rights in Guatemala," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 30(3), pages 241-261, September.
- Galarraga, Ibon & Markandya, Anil, 2004. "Economic techniques to estimate the demand for sustainable products: a case study for fair trade and organic coffee in the United Kingdom," Economia Agraria y Recursos Naturales, Spanish Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 4(07).
- Durevall, Dick, 2007. "Demand for coffee in Sweden: The role of prices, preferences and market power," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(5-6), pages 566-584.
- Sanja Lutzeyer, 2008. "Estimating Hedonic Prices for Stellenbosch wine," Working Papers 15/2008, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsFair Trade; coffee; eco-labels; hedonic pricing; ethical consumption;
- J80 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Standards - - - General
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:huiwps:0031. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Helena Nilsson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/huistse.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.