The Geometry of Nash Equilibria and Correlated Equilibria and a Generalization of Zero-Sum Games
A pure strategy is coherent if it is played with positive probability in at least one correlated equilibrium. A game is pre-tight if in every correlated equilibrium, all incentives constraints for non deviating to a coherent strategy are tight. We show that there exists a Nash equilibrium in the relative interior of the correlated equilibrium polytope if and only if the game is pre-tight. Furthermore, the class of pre-tight games is shown to include and generalize the class of two-player zero-sum games.
|Date of creation:||29 Aug 2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +46-(0)8-736 90 00
Fax: +46-(0)8-31 01 57
Web page: http://www.hhs.se/Email:
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sergiu Hart, 2005.
Econometric Society, vol. 73(5), pages 1401-1430, 09.
- Robert Nau & Sabrina Gomez Canovas & Pierre Hansen, 2004. "On the geometry of Nash equilibria and correlated equilibria," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 32(4), pages 443-453, 08.
- R. Aumann, 2010.
"Subjectivity and Correlation in Randomized Strategies,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
389, David K. Levine.
- Aumann, Robert J., 1974. "Subjectivity and correlation in randomized strategies," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 67-96, March.
- AUMANN, Robert J., . "Subjectivity and correlation in randomized strategies," CORE Discussion Papers RP -167, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Myerson, Roger B., 1997.
"Dual Reduction and Elementary Games,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 21(1-2), pages 183-202, October.
- Forges, Francoise, 1990.
"Correlated Equilibrium in Two-Person Zero-Sum Games,"
Econometric Society, vol. 58(2), pages 515, March.
- FORGES, Françoise, . "Correlated equilibrium in two-person zero-sum games," CORE Discussion Papers RP -883, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Evangelista, Fe S & Raghavan, T E S, 1996. "A Note on Correlated Equilibrium," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 25(1), pages 35-41.
- D. B. Bernheim, 2010.
"Rationalizable Strategic Behavior,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
661465000000000381, David K. Levine.
- Nau, Robert F. & McCardle, Kevin F., 1990. "Coherent behavior in noncooperative games," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 424-444, April.
- Noa Nitzan, 2005. "Tight Correlated Equilibrium," Discussion Paper Series dp394, The Federmann Center for the Study of Rationality, the Hebrew University, Jerusalem.
- Von Stengel, Bernhard, 2002. "Computing equilibria for two-person games," Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, in: R.J. Aumann & S. Hart (ed.), Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 45, pages 1723-1759 Elsevier.
- Robert W. Rosenthal, 1973. "Correlated Equilibria in Some Classes of Two-Person Games," Discussion Papers 45, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:hastef:0641. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Helena Lundin)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.