Elementary Games and Games Whose Correlated Equilibrium Polytope Has Full Dimension
A game is elementary if it has strict correlated equilibrium distributions with full support. A game is full if its correlated equilibrium polytope has full dimension. Any elementary game is full. We show that a full game is elementary if and only if all the correlated equilibrium incentive constraints are nonvacuous. Characterizations of full games are provided and examples are given. Finally, we give a method to build full, nonelementary games.
|Date of creation:||2003|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00242991|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Myerson, Roger B., 1997.
"Dual Reduction and Elementary Games,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 21(1-2), pages 183-202, October.
- Roger B. Myerson, 1995. "Dual Reduction and Elementary Games," Discussion Papers 1133, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Aumann, Robert J., 1974. "Subjectivity and correlation in randomized strategies," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 67-96, March.
- AUMANN, Robert J., "undated". "Subjectivity and correlation in randomized strategies," CORE Discussion Papers RP 167, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- R. Aumann, 2010. "Subjectivity and Correlation in Randomized Strategies," Levine's Working Paper Archive 389, David K. Levine.
- Sergiu Hart & David Schmeidler, 2013. "Existence Of Correlated Equilibria," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Simple Adaptive Strategies From Regret-Matching to Uncoupled Dynamics, chapter 1, pages 3-14 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Sergiu Hart & David Schmeidler, 1989. "Existence of Correlated Equilibria," Mathematics of Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 14(1), pages 18-25, February.
- Robert W. Rosenthal, 1973. "Correlated Equilibria in Some Classes of Two-Person Games," Discussion Papers 45, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Nau, Robert F. & McCardle, Kevin F., 1990. "Coherent behavior in noncooperative games," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 424-444, April.
- Yannick Viossat, 2003. "Properties of Dual Reduction," Working Papers hal-00242992, HAL. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:hal-00242991. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.