Does Farm and Processing Industry Structure Matter for Price Transmission? Some Evidence From Transition Countries: A Comparison of Dairy Sectors in Hungary and Poland
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Alexandre Gohin & Hervé Guyomard, 2000. "Measuring Market Power for Food Retail Activities: French Evidence," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(2), pages 181-195.
- S McCorriston & CW Morgan & AJ Rayner, 2001. "Price transmission: the interaction between market power and returns to scale," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, pages 143-159.
- Bakucs, Lajos Zoltan & Ferto, Imre, 2008. "Price transmission on the Hungarian milk market," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 44175, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Azzeddine M. Azzam, 1999. "Asymmetry and Rigidity in Farm-Retail Price Transmission," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(3), pages 525-533.
- Teresa Serra & Barry Goodwin, 2003.
"Price transmission and asymmetric adjustment in the Spanish dairy sector,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(18), pages 1889-1899.
- Serra, Teresa & Goodwin, Barry K., 2002. "Price Transmission And Asymmetric Adjustment In The Spanish Dairy Sector," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19622, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Daniel A. Lass, 2005. "Asymmetric response of retail milk prices in the northeast revisited," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(4), pages 493-508.
- S. McCorriston & C. W. Morgan & A. J. Rayner, 1998. "Processing Technology, Market Power and Price Transmission," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(2), pages 185-201.
- Lajos Zoltán Bakucs & Imre Fertõ, 2005. "Marketing margins and price transmission on the Hungarian pork meat market," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(2), pages 273-286.
- von Cramon-Taubadel, Stephan, 1998. "Estimating Asymmetric Price Transmission with the Error Correction Representation: An application to the German Pork Market," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, pages 1-18.
- Pieniadz, Agata & Hockmann, Heinrich, 2006. "Explaining Quality Differences at the Procurement Stage in the Polish Milk Sector," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25315, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Bakucs, Lajos Zoltan & Ferto, Imre, 2007. "Spatial Integration On The Hungarian Milk Market," 104th Seminar, September 5-8, 2007, Budapest, Hungary 7832, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zoltán Bakucs, Lajos & Fertő, Imre & Szabó, Gábor G., 2010. "Contractual relationships in the Hungarian milk sector," IAMO Forum 2010: Institutions in Transition – Challenges for New Modes of Governance 52700, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Central and Eastern Europe (IAMO).
More about this item
Keywordsprice transmission; dairy sector; Hungary; Poland;
- Q13 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Markets and Marketing; Cooperatives; Agribusiness
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- D4 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2012-06-13 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2012-06-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-TRA-2012-06-13 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:has:discpr:1212. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Adrienn Foldi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iehashu.html .