Can the Mortensen-Pissarides Model Match the Housing Market Facts ?
This paper examines whether the baseline Mortensen-Pissarides matching model can account for the housing market facts, namely, the existence of price dispersion, the positive correlation between housing price and trading volume, and between housing price and time-on-the-market. Our main finding is that the model can account for these three basic facts of the housing market, thus showing that the Mortensen-Pissarides framework can be seen as the benchmark macroeconomic model not only for the labour market but for any market with frictions.
|Date of creation:||26 Feb 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00676072|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lisi, Gaetano, 2011.
"The Hedonic Price Function in a Matching Model of Housing Market,"
32697, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gaetano Lisi, 2011. "The Hedonic Price Function in a Matching Model of Housing Market," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 31(3), pages 2347-2355.
- Brian Petereson, 2009. "Fooled by Search: Housing Prices, Turnover and Bubbles," Caepr Working Papers 2009-004, Center for Applied Economics and Policy Research, Economics Department, Indiana University Bloomington.
- Charles Ka Yui Leung & Youngman Chun Fai Leong & Siu Kei Wong, 2005.
"Housing Price Dispersion: an empirical investigation,"
00012, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Department of Economics.
- Charles Leung & Youngman Leong & Siu Wong, 2006. "Housing Price Dispersion: An Empirical Investigation," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 32(3), pages 357-385, May.
- Charles Ka-Yui Leung & Youngman Chun Fai Leong & Siu Kei Wong, 2005. "Housing Price Dispersion: An Empirical Investigation," Departmental Working Papers _167, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Department of Economics.
- Christopher A. Pissarides, 2000. "Equilibrium Unemployment Theory, 2nd Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262161877, June.
- Charles Ka Yui Leung & Jun Zhang, 2011. "¡§Fire Sales¡¨ in Housing Market: Is the House- Search Process Similar to a Theme Park Visit?," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 14(3), pages 311-329.
- James Albrecht & Axel Anderson & Eric Smith & Susan Vroman, 2007. "Opportunistic Matching In The Housing Market," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 48(2), pages 641-664, 05.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:hal-00676072. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.