And the loser is... Plurality Voting
This paper reports on a vote for choosing the best voting rules that was organized among the participants of the Voting Procedures workshop in July, 2010. Among 18 voting rules, Approval Voting won the contest, and Plurality Voting received no support at all.
|Date of creation:||20 Jul 2011|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00609810|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bassett, Gilbert W, Jr & Persky, Joseph, 1999. "Robust Voting," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 99(3-4), pages 299-310, June.
- Bhaskar Dutta & Jean-Francois Laslier, 1999.
"Comparison functions and choice correspondences,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 16(4), pages 513-532.
- André Blais & Simon Labbé-St-Vincent & Jean-François Laslier & Nicolas Sauger & Karine Van Der Straeten, 2008. "Vote choice in one round and two round elections," Working Papers hal-00335060, HAL.
- Amrita Dhillon & Jean-Francois Mertens, 1999.
Econometric Society, vol. 67(3), pages 471-498, May.
- DHILLON, Amrita & MERTENS, Jean-François, 1993. "Relative Utilitarianism," CORE Discussion Papers 1993048, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- DHILLON, Amrita & MERTENS, Jean-François, "undated". "Relative utilitarianism," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1398, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Laffond G. & Laslier J. F. & Le Breton M., 1993. "The Bipartisan Set of a Tournament Game," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 182-201, January.
- Jean-François Laslier, 2010. "A note on choosing the alternative with the best median evaluation," Working Papers hal-00397403, HAL.
- Paul B. Simpson, 1969. "On Defining Areas of Voter Choice: Professor Tullock on Stable Voting," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 83(3), pages 478-490.
- Antoinette Baujard & Herrade Igersheim, 2010. "Framed-field experiments on approval voting in political contexts. Some teachings," Post-Print halshs-00512525, HAL.
- Gilbert Laffond & Jean Lainé & Jean-François Laslier, 1996. "Composition-consistent tournament solutions and social choice functions," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 13(1), pages 75-93, January.
- John Duggan, 2007. "A systematic approach to the construction of non-empty choice sets," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 28(3), pages 491-506, April.
- Jean-François Laslier & Karine Van Der Straeten, 2003. "Election présidentielle : Une expérience pour un autre mode de scrutin," Working Papers hal-00242952, HAL.
- Gehrlein, William V & Lepelley, Dominique, 2003.
"On Some Limitations of the Median Voting Rule,"
Springer, vol. 117(1-2), pages 177-190, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:hal-00609810. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.