Resources Flows Asymmetries in Strict Nash Networks with Partner Heterogeneity
This paper introduces a partner heterogeneity assumption in the one-way flow model of Bala and Goyal (2000, ). Our goal consists in the characterization of strict Nash networks with regard to the set of resources obtained by players. We use the notion of condensation network which allows us to divide the population in sets of players who obtain the same resources and we order these sets according to the resources obtained. Accordingly, we can examine the relationship between heterogeneity and asymmetries in networks. We establish that the nature of heterogeneity plays a crucial role on asymmetries observed in equilibrium networks.
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Publication status:||Published in Working paper GATE 2011-08. 2011|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00574256|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pascal Billand & Christophe Bravard & Sudipta Sarangi, 2011.
"Strict Nash networks and partner heterogeneity,"
International Journal of Game Theory,
Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 40(3), pages 515-525, August.
- Pascal Billand & Christophe Bravard & Sudipta Sarangi, 2011. "Strict Nash networks and partner heterogeneity," Post-Print halshs-00617713, HAL.
- Haller, Hans & Sarangi, Sudipta, 2005. "Nash networks with heterogeneous links," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 181-201, September.
- McBride, Michael, 2008. "Position-specific information in social networks: Are you connected?," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 283-295, September.
- Michael McBride, 2003. "Position-specific information in social networks: Are you connected?," Levine's Working Paper Archive 506439000000000265, David K. Levine.
- Andrea Galeotti, 2006. "One-way flow networks: the role of heterogeneity," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 29(1), pages 163-179, September.
- Galeotti, Andrea & Goyal, Sanjeev & Kamphorst, Jurjen, 2006. "Network formation with heterogeneous players," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 353-372, February. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)