Confirming Information Flows in Networks
Our paper belongs to the strand of literature associated with the notion of Nash networks introduced by Bala and Goyal  in the connections model. Our aim is to consider situations where agent i has concerns about the validity of information that she acquires from agent j. Independently confirming this information through another set of agents allows i to put more faith in j's information, that is increases the value of j's information. In such situations, we characterize the set of strict Nash networks. Then, we provide a condition which ensures the existence of Nash networks when agents play pure strategies. Finally, we characterize the set of strict efficient networks and we discuss the relationship between ecient networks and strict Nash networks.
|Date of creation:|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Baton Rouge, LA 70803-6306|
Web page: http://www.business.lsu.edu/economics
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Venkatesh Bala & Sanjeev Goyal, 2000. "original papers : A strategic analysis of network reliability," Review of Economic Design, Springer;Society for Economic Design, vol. 5(3), pages 205-228.
- repec:use:tkiwps:1616 is not listed on IDEAS
- Matthew O. Jackson & Asher Wolinsky, 1994.
"A Strategic Model of Social and Economic Networks,"
1098, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Venkatesh Bala & Sanjeev Goyal, 1998. "Learning from Neighbours," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 65(3), pages 595-621.
- Galeotti, Andrea & Goyal, Sanjeev & Kamphorst, Jurjen, 2006.
"Network formation with heterogeneous players,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 353-372, February.
- Pascal Billand & Christophe Bravard & Sudipta Sarangi, 2011.
"Resources Flows Asymmetries in Strict Nash Networks with Partner Heterogeneity,"
- Pascal Billand & Christophe Bravard & Sudipta Sarangi, 2011. "Resources Flows Asymmetries in Strict Nash Networks with Partner Heterogeneity," Working Papers 1108, Groupe d'Analyse et de Théorie Economique (GATE), Centre national de la recherche scientifique (CNRS), Université Lyon 2, Ecole Normale Supérieure.
- Pascal Billand & Christophe Bravard & Sudipta Sarangi, 2010.
"Nash Networks with Imperfect Reliability and Heterogeneous Players,"
- Pascal Billand & Christophe Bravard & Sudipta Sarangi, 2011. "Nash Networks With Imperfect Reliability And Heterogeous Players," International Game Theory Review (IGTR), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 13(02), pages 181-194.
- Sudipta Sarangi & Pascal Billand & Christophe Bravard, . "On the Interaction between Heterogeneity and Decay in Directed Networks," Departmental Working Papers 2010-04, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
- Haller, Hans & Sarangi, Sudipta, 2005. "Nash networks with heterogeneous links," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 181-201, September.
- K. de Jaegher & J.J.A. Kamphorst, 2008. "Network formation with decreasing marginal benefits of information," Working Papers 08-16, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Pascal Billand & Christophe Bravard & Sudipta Sarangi, 2011. "Strict Nash networks and partner heterogeneity," Post-Print halshs-00617713, HAL.
- Venkatesh Bala & Sanjeev Goyal, 2000. "A Noncooperative Model of Network Formation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 68(5), pages 1181-1230, September.
- K. de Jaegher & J.J.A. Kamphorst, 2009.
"Two-way Flow Networks with Small Decay,"
09-34, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Kim, Chongmin & Wong, Kam-Chau, 2007. "Network formation and stable equilibrium," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 133(1), pages 536-549, March.
- Hojman, Daniel A. & Szeidl, Adam, 2008. "Core and periphery in networks," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 139(1), pages 295-309, March.
- Pascal Billand & Christophe Bravard & Sudipta Sarangi, 2011. "Strict Nash networks and partner heterogeneity," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 40(3), pages 515-525, August.
- Andrea Galeotti & Sanjeev Goyal, 2010. "The Law of the Few," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 100(4), pages 1468-92, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lsu:lsuwpp:2012-02. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.