The obstacles in the way of stabilizing the russian oil model
This article deals with the current change of the institutional and organizational framework of the Russian oil industry. Regarding this evolution, the main characteristic is the increasing involvement of national oil companies in the upstream activities. The point is to explain this reorganization by relying on the New Institutional Economics framework. These theoretical works highlight that institutional environment and governance structures complement each other. We argue that the current reorganization is an attempt to increase the coherence of the institutional arrangement governing the transaction between the Russian state and the private oil companies.
|Date of creation:||2009|
|Publication status:||Published in Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis (Routledge), 2009, 21 (4), pp.425-438|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00321227|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Oliver E. Williamson, 2000. "The New Institutional Economics: Taking Stock, Looking Ahead," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 38(3), pages 595-613, September.
- Spiller, Pablo T, 1996. "Institutions and Commitment," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(2), pages 421-452.
- Furubotn, Eirik G & Pejovich, Svetozar, 1972. "Property Rights and Economic Theory: A Survey of Recent Literature," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 10(4), pages 1137-1162, December.
- Kalyuzhnova, Yelena & Nygaard, Christian, 2008. "State governance evolution in resource-rich transition economies: An application to Russia and Kazakhstan," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 1829-1842, June.
- Reynolds, Douglas B. & Kolodziej, Marek, 2007. "Institutions and the supply of oil: A case study of Russia," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 939-949, February.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/12332 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rudiger Ahrend & William Tompson, 2006. "Realising the Oil Supply Potential of the CIS: The Impact of Institutions and Policies," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 484, OECD Publishing.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:halshs-00321227. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.