Processus d'individuation, éthique et pragmatisme. A la recherche de fondements théoriques pour appréhender la firme partenariale
This article aims at providing a new stakeholder theory of the firm which overcomes the limits of the main approach that is generally mobilised to understand the modern corporation : the property rights approach. It is argued that the theoretical foundations provided by the pragmatism appear to be very useful to understand the ethical behaviour of social actors when the decision process is distributed : by insisting on the process of individuation that arises when the situation becomes "problematic", this approach succeeds in taking into account the building of principles of justice between actors of a same corporation.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Ecole thématique CNRS "Les méthodes d'analyse institutionnelle", La Rochelle, 17-21 septembre 2007, Sep 2007, La Rochelle, France|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00202148|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Guido Palazzo & Andreas Scherer, 2006. "Corporate Legitimacy as Deliberation: A Communicative Framework," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 66(1), pages 71-88, June.
- Hart, Oliver D. & Moore, John, 1990.
"Property Rights and the Nature of the Firm,"
3448675, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Luigi Zingales, 1997.
"Power in a Theory of the Firm,"
NBER Working Papers
6274, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rajan, Raghuram G & Zingales, Luigi, 1998. "Power in a Theory of the Firm," CEPR Discussion Papers 1777, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Luigi Zingales, . "Power in a Theory of the Firm," CRSP working papers 335, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Barzel,Yoram, 1997. "Economic Analysis of Property Rights," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521597135, November.
- Barzel, Y., 1994. "The Capture of Wealth by monopolists and the Protection of Property Rights," Discussion Papers in Economics at the University of Washington 94-3, Department of Economics at the University of Washington.
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Luigi Zingales, 2001.
"The Firm as a Dedicated Hierarchy: A Theory of the Origins and Growth of Firms,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 116(3), pages 805-851.
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Luigi Zingales, 2000. "The Firm as a Dedicated Hierarchy: A Theory of the Origin and Growth of Firms," NBER Working Papers 7546, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Amartya Sen, 1996.
"Maximization and the Act of Choice,"
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
1766, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Danièle Demoustier & Damien Rousselière, 2004.
"Social economy as social science and practice : historical perspectives on France,"
- Danièle Demoustier & Damien Rousselière, 2004. "Social economy as social science and practice : historical perspectives on France," Post-Print halshs-00102532, HAL.
- Danièle Demoustier & Damien Rousselière, 2006. "Social economy as social science and practice : historical perspectives on France," Post-Print halshs-00106993, HAL.
- Barzel, Yoram, 1994. "The capture of wealth by monopolists and the protection of property rights," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 393-409, December.
- Hosmer, LaRue Tone & Kiewitz, Christian, 2005. "Organizational Justice: A Behavioral Science Concept with Critical Implications for Business Ethics and Stakeholder Theory," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(01), pages 67-91, January.
- Hodgson, Geoffrey M., 1998. "Competence and contract in the theory of the firm," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 179-201, April.
- Jongwook Kim & Joseph T. Mahoney, 2002. "Resource-based and property rights perspectives on value creation: the case of oil field unitization," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(4-5), pages 225-245.
- Wicks, Andrew C. & Gilbert, Daniel R. & Freeman, R. Edward, 1994. "A Feminist Reinterpretation of The Stakeholder Concept," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(04), pages 475-497, October.
- Gérard Charreaux & Philippe Desbrières, 1997.
"Gouvernance des entreprises:valeur partenariale contre valeur actionnariale,"
Working Papers CREGO
0970801, Université de Bourgogne - CREGO EA7317 Centre de recherches en gestion des organisations.
- Gérard Charreaux & Philippe Desbrières, 1998. "Gouvernance des entreprises:valeur partenariale contre valeur actionnariale," Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie, revues.org, vol. 1(2), pages 57-88, June.
- Pierre Garrouste, 2004.
"The New Property Rights Theory of the Firm,"
in: The Elgar Companion to the Economics of Property Rights, chapter 17
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Barzel, Y., 1994. "The Capture of Wealth by monopolists and the Protection of Property Rights," Working Papers 94-3, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
- Alan Schwartz, 1997. "Incomplete Contracts," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm73, Yale School of Management.
- De Cremer, David & Tyler, Tom R. & Ouden, Nathalie den, 2005. "Managing cooperation via procedural fairness: The mediating influence of self-other merging," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 393-406, June.
- Elias Khalil, 2001. "The context problematic, behavioral economics and the transactional view: an introduction to 'John Dewey and economic theory'," Journal of Economic Methodology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(2), pages 107-130.
- Margolis, Joshua D., 1998. "Psychological Pragmatism and the Imperative of Aims: A New Approach for business Ethics," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(03), pages 409-430, July.
- Etzioni, Amitai, 1998. "A Communitarian Note on Stakeholder Theory," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(04), pages 679-691, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:halshs-00202148. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.