Diversity in Cognitive Ability Enlarges Mispricing
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ciril Bosch-Rosa & Thomas Meissner & Antoni Bosch-Domènech, 2015.
Economics Working Papers
1464, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Ciril Bosch-Rosa & Thomas Meissner & Antoni Bosch-DomÃ¨nech, 2015. "Cognitive Bubbles," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2015-006, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Ciril Bosch-Rosa & Thomas Meissner & Antoni Bosch-Domènech, 2015. "Cognitive Bubbles," Working Papers 2015006, Berlin Doctoral Program in Economics and Management Science (BDPEMS).
- Carpenter, Jeffrey & Graham, Michael & Wolf, Jesse, 2013. "Cognitive ability and strategic sophistication," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 115-130.
- Wei Xiong & Jialin Yu, 2011. "The Chinese Warrants Bubble," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 101(6), pages 2723-2753, October.
- Eizo Akiyama & Nobuyuki Hanaki & Ryuichiro Ishikawa, 2013.
"It is Not Just Confusion! Strategic Uncertainty in an Experimental Asset Market,"
AMSE Working Papers
1340, Aix-Marseille School of Economics, Marseille, France, revised 08 Aug 2013.
- Eizo Akiyama & Nobuyuki Hanaki & Ryuichiro Ishikawa, 2013. "It is Not Just Confusion! Strategic Uncertainty in an Experimental Asset Market," Working Papers halshs-00854513, HAL.
- David Gill & Victoria Prowse, 2016.
"Cognitive Ability, Character Skills, and Learning to Play Equilibrium: A Level-k Analysis,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 124(6), pages 1619-1676.
- Gill, David & Prowse, Victoria L., 2014. "Cognitive Ability, Character Skills, and Learning to Play Equilibrium: A Level-k Analysis," IZA Discussion Papers 8236, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- David Gill & Victoria Prowse, 2014. "Cognitive ability, character skills, and learning to play equilibrium: A level-k analysis," Economics Series Working Papers 712, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Cheung, Stephen L. & Hedegaard, Morten & Palan, Stefan, 2014.
"To see is to believe: Common expectations in experimental asset markets,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 84-96.
- Cheung, Stephen L. & Hedegaard, Morten & Palan, Stefan, 2012. "To See Is To Believe: Common Expectations in Experimental Asset Markets," IZA Discussion Papers 6922, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Cheung, Stephen L. & Hedegaard, Morten & Palan, Stefan, 2012. "To See Is To Believe: Common Expectations In Experimental Asset Markets," Working Papers 2012-10, University of Sydney, School of Economics.
- Cueva, Carlos & Rustichini, Aldo, 2015.
"Is financial instability male-driven? Gender and cognitive skills in experimental asset markets,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 119(C), pages 330-344.
- Carlos Cueva Herrero & Aldo Rustichini, 2015. "Is financial instability male-driven? Gender and cognitive skills in experimental asset markets," Working Papers. Serie AD 2015-06, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Adriana Breaban & Charles N. Noussair, 2014.
"Fundamental value trajectories and trader characteristics in an asset market experiment,"
2014/08, Economics Department, Universitat Jaume I, Castellón (Spain).
- Breaban, A.G. & Noussair, C.N., 2014. "Fundamental Value Trajectories and Trader Characteristics in an Asset Market Experiment," Discussion Paper 2014-010, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Urs Fischbacher, 2007. "z-Tree: Zurich toolbox for ready-made economic experiments," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 10(2), pages 171-178, June.
- Gneezy, Uri & Rustichini, Aldo & Vostroknutov, Alexander, 2010. "Experience and insight in the Race game," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 144-155, August.
- Brice Corgnet & Roberto Hernán González & Praveen Kujal & David Porter, 2013.
"The Effect of Earned vs. House Money on Price Bubble Formation in Experimental Asset Markets,"
13-04, Chapman University, Economic Science Institute.
- Corgnet, Brice & Hernán, Roberto & Kujal, Praveen & Porter, David, 2013. "The effect of earned vs. house money on price bubble formation in experimental asset markets," UC3M Working papers. Economics we1304, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Thomas Stöckl & Jürgen Huber & Michael Kirchler, 2010. "Bubble measures in experimental asset markets," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 13(3), pages 284-298, September.
- Shane Frederick, 2005. "Cognitive Reflection and Decision Making," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 19(4), pages 25-42, Fall.
- Dufwenberg, Martin & Sundaram, Ramya & Butler, David J., 2010. "Epiphany in the Game of 21," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 132-143, August.
- Porter, David P & Smith, Vernon L, 1995. "Futures Contracting and Dividend Uncertainty in Experimental Asset Markets," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 68(4), pages 509-541, October.
- Van Boening, Mark V. & Williams, Arlington W. & LaMaster, Shawn, 1993. "Price bubbles and crashes in experimental call markets," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 179-185.
- Franklin Allen & Stephen Morris & Hyun Song Shin, 2006. "Beauty Contests and Iterated Expectations in Asset Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 19(3), pages 719-752.
- Stefan Palan, 2013. "A Review Of Bubbles And Crashes In Experimental Asset Markets," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(3), pages 570-588, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andreas Hefti & Steve Heinke & Frédéric Schneider, 2016. "Mental capabilities, trading styles, and asset market bubbles: theory and experiment," ECON - Working Papers 234, Department of Economics - University of Zurich.
More about this item
KeywordsCognitive ability; Heterogeneity; Mispricing; Experimental asset markets;
- C90 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - General
- D84 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Expectations; Speculations
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gre:wpaper:2015-29. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Patrice Bougette). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/credcfr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.