Economic evaluation of the Diamer-Basha dam: Analysis with an integrated economic/water simulation model of Pakistan:
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Winston Yu & Yi-Chen Yang & Andre Savitsky & Donald Alford & Casey Brown & James Wescoat & Dario Debowicz & Sherman Robinson, 2013. "Indus Basin of Pakistan : Impacts of Climate Risks on Water and Agriculture," World Bank Publications - Books, The World Bank Group, number 13834.
- Dorosh, Paul & Niazi, Muhammad Khan, 2006.
"Social Accounting Matrix for Pakistan, 2001-02: Methodology and Results,"
2242, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Paul Dorosh & Muhammad Khan Niazi & Hina Nazli, 2006. "A Social Accounting Matrix for Pakistan, 2001-02: Methodology and Results," PIDE-Working Papers 2006:9, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Paul Dorosh & Muhammad Khan Niazi & Hina Nazli, 2006. "A Social Accounting Matrix for Pakistan, 2001-02 : Methodology and Results," Finance Working Papers 22187, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Jones, Peter G. & Thornton, Philip K., 2013. "Generating downscaled weather data from a suite of climate models for agricultural modelling applications," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 1-5.
- Gerald C. Nelson & Dominique Mensbrugghe & Helal Ahammad & Elodie Blanc & Katherine Calvin & Tomoko Hasegawa & Petr Havlik & Edwina Heyhoe & Page Kyle & Hermann Lotze-Campen & Martin Lampe & Daniel Ma, 2014. "Agriculture and climate change in global scenarios: why don't the models agree," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 45(1), pages 85-101, January.
- Raes, Dirk & Geerts, Sam & Kipkorir, Emmanuel & Wellens, Joost & Sahli, Ali, 2006. "Simulation of yield decline as a result of water stress with a robust soil water balance model," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 81(3), pages 335-357, March.
- Debowicz, Dario & Dorosh, Paul A. & Robinson, Sherman & Haider, Syed Hamza, 2012. "A 2007-08 social accounting matrix for Pakistan:," PSSP working papers 1, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Andarzian, B. & Bannayan, M. & Steduto, P. & Mazraeh, H. & Barati, M.E. & Barati, M.A. & Rahnama, A., 2011. "Validation and testing of the AquaCrop model under full and deficit irrigated wheat production in Iran," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 1-8.
- Jayatilleke S. Bandara & Yiyong Cai, 2014. "The impact of climate change on food crop productivity, food prices and food security in South Asia," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(4), pages 451-465.
- Bell, N.O. & Bilbao, J.I. & Kay, M. & Sproul, A.B., 2022. "Future climate scenarios and their impact on heating, ventilation and air-conditioning system design and performance for commercial buildings for 2050," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 162(C).
- Kenjabaev, Shavkat & Forkutsa, I. & Bach, M. & Frede, H.-G., 2013. "Performance evaluation of the BUDGET model in simulating cotton and wheat yield and soil moisture in Fergana valley," International Conference and Young Researchers Forum - Natural Resource Use in Central Asia: Institutional Challenges and the Contribution of Capacity Building 159114, University of Giessen (JLU Giessen), Center for International Development and Environmental Research.
- World Bank, 2012. "Pakistan - Strategic Environmental, Poverty and Social Assessment of Trade and Transport Sector Reforms," World Bank Publications - Reports 12316, The World Bank Group.
- Diariétou Sambakhé & Lauriane Rouan & Jean-Noël Bacro & Eric Gozé, 2019. "Conditional optimization of a noisy function using a kriging metamodel," Journal of Global Optimization, Springer, vol. 73(3), pages 615-636, March.
- Eric Njuki & Boris E Bravo-Ureta & Christopher J O’Donnell, 2018. "A new look at the decomposition of agricultural productivity growth incorporating weather effects," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 13(2), pages 1-21, February.
- Bruno Lanz & Simon Dietz & Tim Swanson, 2016.
"Economic growth and agricultural land conversion under uncertain productivity improvements in agriculture,"
GRI Working Papers
240, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Bruno Lanz & Simon Dietz & Tim Swanson, 2017. "Global economic growth and agricultural land conversion under uncertain productivity improvements in agriculture," IRENE Working Papers 17-07, IRENE Institute of Economic Research.
- Bruno Lanz & Simon Dietz & Tim Swanson, 2016. "Economic growth and agricultural land conversion under uncertain productivity improvements in agriculture," FOODSECURE Working papers 53, LEI Wageningen UR.
- Bruno Lanz & Simon Dietz & Timothy Swanson, 2016. "Economic growth and agricultural land conversion under uncertain productivity improvements in agriculture," CIES Research Paper series 43-2016, Centre for International Environmental Studies, The Graduate Institute.
- Habtemariam, Lemlem Teklegiorgis & Abate Kassa, Getachew & Gandorfer, Markus, 2017. "Impact of climate change on farms in smallholder farming systems: Yield impacts, economic implications and distributional effects," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 152(C), pages 58-66.
- H. Charles J. Godfray & Sherman Robinson, 2015. "Contrasting approaches to projecting long-run global food security," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 31(1), pages 26-44.
- Ahmed, Saira & Ahmed, Vaqar & Sohail, Safdar, 2010. "Trade agreements between developing countries: a case study of Pakistan - Sri Lanka free trade agreement," MPRA Paper 29209, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rashid, Muhammad Adil & Jabloun, Mohamed & Andersen, Mathias Neumann & Zhang, Xiying & Olesen, Jørgen Eivind, 2019. "Climate change is expected to increase yield and water use efficiency of wheat in the North China Plain," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 222(C), pages 193-203.
- Geerts, S. & Raes, D. & Garcia, M., 2010. "Using AquaCrop to derive deficit irrigation schedules," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 213-216, December.
- Elke Stehfest & Willem-Jan Zeist & Hugo Valin & Petr Havlik & Alexander Popp & Page Kyle & Andrzej Tabeau & Daniel Mason-D’Croz & Tomoko Hasegawa & Benjamin L. Bodirsky & Katherine Calvin & Jonathan C, 2019. "Key determinants of global land-use projections," Nature Communications, Nature, vol. 10(1), pages 1-10, December.
- Mitter, Hermine & Schmid, Erwin, 2019. "Computing the economic value of climate information for water stress management exemplified by crop production in Austria," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 221(C), pages 430-448.
- Alex Zizinga & Jackson Gilbert Majaliwa Mwanjalolo & Britta Tietjen & Bobe Bedadi & Ramon Amaro de Sales & Dennis Beesigamukama, 2022. "Simulating Maize Productivity under Selected Climate Smart Agriculture Practices Using AquaCrop Model in a Sub-humid Environment," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 14(4), pages 1-17, February.
- Creamer, Bernado & Enahoro, Dolapo & Kleinwechter, Ulrich & Gbegbelegbe, Sika & Hareau, Guy & Swamikannu, Nedumaran & Nelgen, Signe & Telleria, Roberto & Wiebe, Keith, 2015. "Interpreting results from using bio-economic modeling for global and regional ex ante impact assessment," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211648, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Carl-Friedrich Schleussner & Joeri Rogelj & Michiel Schaeffer & Tabea Lissner & Rachel Licker & Erich M. Fischer & Reto Knutti & Anders Levermann & Katja Frieler & William Hare, 2016. "Science and policy characteristics of the Paris Agreement temperature goal," Nature Climate Change, Nature, vol. 6(9), pages 827-835, September.
- Matteo Coronese & Martina Occelli & Francesco Lamperti & Andrea Roventini, 2021. "AgriLOVE: agriculture, land-use and technical change in an evolutionary, agent-based model," LEM Papers Series 2021/35, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Siddiqui, Rizwana, 2009. "Pakistan: Migration, Remittances, and Development," MPRA Paper 90152, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2010.
More about this item
KeywordsRivers; Watersheds; Irrigation; Climate change; Dams; Computable General Equilibrium (CGE) model; Computable General Equilibrium water model;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2014-05-04 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-CMP-2014-05-04 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2014-05-04 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:psspwp:14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.