Rural and urban linkages: Operation flood's role in India's dairy development
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Terhal, Piet & Doornbos, Martin, 1983. "Operation Flood : Development and commercialization," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 235-239, August.
- Munshi, Kaivan D. & Parikh, Kirit S., 1994.
"Milk supply behavior in India: Data integration, estimation and implications for dairy development,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 201-223, December.
- Munshi, K.D. & Parikh, K.S., 1990. "Milk Supply Behavior In India: Data Integration, Estimation And Implications For Dairy Development," Papers 38, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research-.
- Munshi, K.D. & Parikh, K.S., 1993. "Milk Supply Behavior in India: Data Integration, Estimation and Implications for Dairy Development," Papers 93, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research-.
- Klitgaard, Robert, 1997. ""Unanticipated consequences" in anti-poverty programs," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(12), pages 1963-1972, December.
- George, J., 1988. "Objective evaluation studies : The case of operation flood," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 338-340, November.
- Alderman, Harold, 1987. "Cooperative dairy development in Karnataka, India: an assessment," Research reports 64, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Doornbos, Martin & van Stuijvenberg, Pieter & Terhal, Piet, 1987. "Operation flood: impacts and issues," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 376-383, November.
- Sharma, Miriam & Vanjani, Urmila, 1993. "When more means less: Assessing the impact of dairy 'development' on the lives and health of women in rural Rajasthan (India)," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 1377-1389, December.
- S. Narayan, 2009. "India," Chapters,in: The Political Economy of Trade Reform in Emerging Markets, chapter 7 Edward Elgar Publishing.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:agrhuv:v:34:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10460-017-9781-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Minten, Bart & Stifel, David & Tamru, Seneshaw, 2012.
"Structural Transformation in Ethiopia: Evidence from Cereal Markets:,"
ESSP research notes
14, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Minten, Bart & Stifel, David & Tamru, Seneshaw, 2012. "Structural transformation in Ethiopia: Evidence from cereal markets:," ESSP working papers 39, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Choudhury, Samira & Headey, Derek D., 2016. "What drives diversification of national food supplies? A cross-country analysis," IFPRI discussion papers 1581, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Vandeplas, Anneleen, 2011.
"Multinationals or Cooperatives: Does it Matter to Farmers? - A Study of the Dairy Sector in Punjab (India),"
2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland
115545, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Vandeplas, Anneleen & Minten, Bart & Swinnen, Johan F.M., 2012. "Multinationals versus cooperatives: The income and efficiency effects of supply chain governance in India," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126892, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Kumar, Anjani & Shinoj, P. & Jee, Shiv, 2013. "Do Dairy Co-operatives Enhance Milk Production, Productivity and Quality? Evidences from the Indo-Gangetic Plain of India," Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Indian Society of Agricultural Economics, vol. 68(3).
More about this item
Keywordsmillions fed; food security; Operation flood; Dairy; NDDB; Dairy cooperatives;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2009-12-11 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2009-12-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2009-12-11 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-DEV-2009-12-11 (Development)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:ifprid:924. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .