Organizational partnerships for food Policy research impact: A review of what works:
This paper contributes to our understanding of food policyâ€“research partnerships and provides a review of the theory and empirical literature about the factors that contribute to effective food policyâ€“research partnerships. The literature points to the emergence of organizational partnerships as primarily driven by subjective perceptions about potential partners, the complex and uncertain external environment, access to resources through partnership and expectations of potential impact of the partnership.
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 1201 Eye Street, NW, Washington, DC 20005-3915|
Web page: http://www.ifpri.org/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ved, Rajani & Menon, Purnima, 2012. "Analyzing intersectoral convergence to improve child undernutrition in India: Development and application of a framework to examine policies in agriculture, health, and nutrition," IFPRI discussion papers 1208, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Robert Gibbons, 1997.
"An Introduction to Applicable Game Theory,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 11(1), pages 127-149, Winter.
- Robert Gibbons, 1997. "An Introduction to Applicable Game Theory," NBER Technical Working Papers 0199, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Birner, Regina & Resnick, Danielle, 2010. "The Political Economy of Policies for Smallholder Agriculture," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 1442-1452, October.
- Weingast, Barry R & Marshall, William J, 1988. "The Industrial Organization of Congress; or, Why Legislatures, Like Firms, Are Not Organized as Markets," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(1), pages 132-163, February.
- Spielman,David J. & Hartwich,Frank & von Grebmer, Klaus, 2007. "Sharing science, building bridges, and enhancing impact: Public-Private Partnerships in the CGIAR," IFPRI discussion papers 708, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Aberman, Noora-Lisa & Schiffer, Eva & Johnson, Michael & Oboh, Victor, 2010. "Mapping the policy process in Nigeria," IFPRI discussion papers 1000, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Hagedoorn, John, 2002. "Inter-firm R&D partnerships: an overview of major trends and patterns since 1960," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 477-492, May.
- Raghabendra Chattopadhyay & Esther Duflo, 2004. "Women as Policy Makers: Evidence from a Randomized Policy Experiment in India," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 72(5), pages 1409-1443, 09.
- Raghabendra Chattopadhyay & Esther Duflo, 2004. "Women as policy makers: Evidence from a randomized policy experiment in india," Framed Field Experiments 00224, The Field Experiments Website.
- Sarah Lister, 2000. "Power in partnership? An analysis of an NGO's relationships with its partners," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(2), pages 227-239.
- Ananya Reed & Darryl Reed, 2009. "Partnerships for Development: Four Models of Business Involvement," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 90(1), pages 3-37, May.
- Viceisza, Angelino C.G., 2012. "Treating the field as a lab: A basic guide to conducting economics," Food security in practice technical guide series 7, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Hall, Andrew & Bockett, Geoffrey & Taylor, Sarah & Sivamohan, M. V. K . & Clark, Norman, 2001. "Why Research Partnerships Really Matter: Innovation Theory, Institutional Arrangements and Implications for Developing New Technology for the Poor," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 783-797, May.
- Aberman, Noora-Lisa & Johnson, Michael E. & Droppelmann, Klaus & Schiffer, Eva & Birner, Regina & Gaff, Peter, 2012. "Mapping the contemporary fertilizer policy landscape in Malawi: a guide for policy researchers," IFPRI discussion papers 1204, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Spielman, David J. & von Grebmer, Klaus, 2004. "Public-private partnerships in agricultural research: an analysis of challenges facing industry and the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research," EPTD discussion papers 113, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI). Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:ifprid:1305. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.