Public-private partnerships in agricultural research: an analysis of challenges facing industry and the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Williamson, Oliver E, 1979. "Transaction-Cost Economics: The Governance of Contractural Relations," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 22(2), pages 233-261, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anastasia Kireeva & Tatiana Tischenko & Ilya Sokolov & Elizaveta Khudko, 2012. "Public Private Partnership as an Instrument for Supporting Innovations," Published Papers 167, Gaidar Institute for Economic Policy, revised 2012.
- Joel Cohen & John Komen & José Falck Zepeda, 2004. "National Agricultural Biotechnology Research Capacity in Developing Countries," Working Papers 04-14, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- Hartwich, Frank & Gottret, Maria Veronica & Babu, Suresh Chandra & Tola, Jaime, 2007. "Building public–private partnerships for agricultural innovation in Latin America: Lessons from capacity strengthening," IFPRI discussion papers 699, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Gerpacio, Roberta V. & Pingali, Prabhu L., 2007. "Tropical and Subtropical Maize in Asia: Production Systems, Constraints, and Research Priorities," Maize Production Systems Papers 56107, CIMMYT: International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center.
- Dentoni, Domenico & English, Francis, 2012. "Dealing with Cultural Differences in Public-Private R&D Projects: The Experience of the Australian Seafood Sector," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 15(A).
- Gramzow, Andreas, 2009. "Rural development as provision of local public goods: Theory and evidence from Poland," Studies on the Agricultural and Food Sector in Transition Economies, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO), volume 51, number 92313.
- Valentina Cristiana MATERIA & Roberto ESPOSTI, 2010. "Modelling Agricultural Public R&D Cofinancing Within A Principal-Agent Framework. The case of an Italian region," Working Papers 347, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Khan, Shahbaz & Mushtaq, Shahbaz, 2009. "Regional partnerships to assist public-private investments in irrigation systems," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 96(5), pages 839-846, May.
- Ponzoni, R.W. & Acosta, B.O. & Ponniah, A.G. (eds.), 2006. "Development of aquatic animal genetic improvement and dissemination programs : current status and action plans," Working Papers, The WorldFish Center, number 36880, December.
- Gramzow, Andreas & Petrick, Martin, 2007. "Stimulating Cooperation Among Farmers In A Post-Socialist Economy: Lessons From A Public-Private Marketing Partnership In Poland," 47th Annual Conference, Weihenstephan, Germany, September 26-28, 2007 7580, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Singh, Harbir & Mathur, Prasoon & Pal, Suresh, 2008. "Indian Seed System Development: Policy and Institutional Options," Agricultural Economics Research Review, Agricultural Economics Research Association (India), vol. 21(1), June.
- Esposti, Roberto & Materia, Valentina, 2015. "The determinants of the public R&D cofinancing rate An empirical assessment on agricultural research," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211624, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Hall, Andy, 2006.
"Public private sector partnerships in an agricultural system of innovation: concepts and challenges,"
MERIT Working Papers
002, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Andy Hall, 2015. "Public Private Sector Partnerships in an Agricultural System of Innovation: Concepts and Challenges," Working Papers id:6481, eSocialSciences.
- Joanna Chataway, 2005. "Introduction: is it possible to create pro-poor agriculture-related biotechnology?," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(5), pages 597-610.
- Atanassov, Atanas & Bahieldin, Ahmed & Brink, Johan & Burachik, Moises & Cohen, Joel I. & Dhawan, Vibha & Ebora, Reynaldo V. & Falck-Zepeda, José & Herrera-Estrella, Luis & Komen, John & Chon Low, Fee, 2004. "To reach the poor: results from the ISNAR-IFPRI Next Harvest study on genetically modified crops, public research, and policy implications," EPTD discussion papers 116, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- World Bank, 2005. "Agriculture and Achieving the Millennium Development Goals," World Bank Other Operational Studies 8455, The World Bank.
- Hall, Andy & Sulaiman, Rasheed & Bezkorowajnyj, Peter, 2008. "Reframing technical change: Livestock Fodder Scarcity Revisited as Innovation Capacity Scarcity: Part 2. A Framework for Analysis," MERIT Working Papers 003, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Lois Muraguri, 2010. "Unplugged!: An analysis of agricultural biotechnology PPPs in Kenya," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(3), pages 289-307.
- Roy, Sonali & Christy, Ralph D., 2005. "Agricultural Biotechnology Risks and Economic Development: A Call for a Public-Private Partnerships to Stimulate Investments into African Biotechnology Industries," Staff Papers 121113, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Materia, V.C. & Pascucci, S. & Kolympiris, C., 2015. "Understanding the selection processes of public research projects in agriculture: The role of scientific merit," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 87-99.
- Rich, Karl M. & Narrod, Clare A., 2010. "The role of public–private partnerships in promoting smallholder access to livestock markets in developing countries," IFPRI discussion papers 1001, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Maud Roucan-Kane & Allan Gray, 2009. "The U.S. Seed Industustustry: An Exploration of Statistics Highlighting the Economic Cctivity of the U.S. Row Crop Seed Industry," Working Papers 09-08, Purdue University, College of Agriculture, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- Christian Webersik & Clarice Wilson, 2009. "Achieving environmental sustainability and growth in Africa: the role of science, technology and innovation," Sustainable Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(6), pages 400-413.
- Mabiso, Athur & van Rheenen, Teunis & Ferguson, Jenna, 2013. "Organizational partnerships for food Policy research impact: A review of what works:," IFPRI discussion papers 1305, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Blakeney, Michael, 2011. "Recent developments in intellectual property and power in the private sector related to food and agriculture," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(S1), pages 109-113.
More about this item
Keywordsintellectual property; Agricultural biotechnology; Research and Development; Property rights; Multinational firms; Collaborative research; Public-private partnership;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:eptddp:113. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .