A Quantitative Evaluation of the Housing Provident Fund Program in China
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Xiaoqing Zhou, 2018.
"Home Equity Extraction and the Boom-Bust Cycle in Consumption and Residential Investment,"
Staff Working Papers
18-6, Bank of Canada.
- Xiaoqing Zhou, 2018. "Home Equity Extraction and the Boom-Bust Cycle in Consumption and Residential Investment," 2018 Meeting Papers 795, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Richard J. Buttimer Jr. & Anthony Yanxiang Gu & Tyler T. Yang, 2004. "The Chinese Housing Provident Fund," International Real Estate Review, Global Social Science Institute, vol. 7(1), pages 1-30.
- Songtao Wang & Su Han Chan & Bohua Xu, 2012. "The Estimation and Determinants of the Price Elasticity of Housing Supply: Evidence from China," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 34(3), pages 311-344.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fuad Ganbarov & Klaudia Smoląg & Rashad Muradov & Konul Aghayeva & Rumella Jafarova & Yashar Mammadov, 2020. "Sustainable Development of the Mortgage Market in Azerbaijan: Commercial Risks of Housing Construction, Social Vision, and State Influence," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(12), pages 1-18, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Zhou, Xiaoqing, 2020. "A quantitative evaluation of the Housing Provident Fund program in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 61(C).
- Carlos Garriga & Aaron Hedlund, 2019. "Crises in the Housing Market: Causes, Consequences, and Policy Lessons," Working Papers 2019-33, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Jian Chen & David H. Downs, 2013. "Property Tax and Tenure Choice: Implications for China," International Real Estate Review, Global Social Science Institute, vol. 16(3), pages 323-343.
- John Beshears & James J. Choi & David Laibson & Brigitte C. Madrian & William L. Skimmyhorn, 2019. "Borrowing to Save? The Impact of Automatic Enrollment on Debt," NBER Working Papers 25876, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Xin Zhang & David Geltner & Richard Neufville, 2018. "System Dynamics Modeling of Chinese Urban Housing Markets for Pedagogical and Policy Analysis Purposes," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 57(3), pages 476-501, October.
- Atella, Vincenzo & Brugiavini, Agar & Pace, Noemi, 2015.
"The health care system reform in China: Effects on out-of-pocket expenses and saving,"
China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 182-195.
- Vincenzo Atella & Agar Brugiavini & Noemi Pace, 2013. "The health care system reform in China: effects on out-of-pocket expenses and saving," CEIS Research Paper 296, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 22 Oct 2013.
- Zhao, Da & Chen, Yifan & Shen, Jim.H., 2020. "Mortgage payments and household consumption in urban China," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 100-111.
- Wu, Jing & Gyourko, Joseph & Deng, Yongheng, 2015. "Real estate collateral value and investment: The case of China," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 43-53.
- Chen, Pu & Wang, Chunyang & Liu, Yangyan, 2015. "Real estate prices and firm borrowings: Micro evidence from China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 296-308.
- Harald Hau & Difei Ouyang, 2019. "Local Capital Scarcity and Small Firm Growth: Evidence from Real Estate Booms in China," CESifo Working Paper Series 7928, CESifo.
- Oikarinen, Elias & Peltola, Risto & Valtonen, Eero, 2015.
"Regional variation in the elasticity of supply of housing, and its determinants: The case of a small sparsely populated country,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 18-30.
- Elias Oikarinen & Eero Valtonen, 2014. "Regional variation in the elasticity of supply of housing, and its determinants: The case of a small sparsely populated country," ERSA conference papers ersa14p1261, European Regional Science Association.
- Elias Oikarinen & Risto Peltola & Eero Valtonen, 2014. "Regional variation in the elasticity of supply of housing, and its determinants: The case of a small sparsely populated country," Discussion Papers 91, Aboa Centre for Economics.
- Rose Neng Lai & Robert A. Van Order, 2020. "A Tale of Two Countries: Comparing the US and Chinese Housing Markets," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 61(3), pages 505-547, October.
- Wu, Jing & Gyourko, Joseph & Deng, Yongheng, 2016.
"Evaluating the risk of Chinese housing markets: What we know and what we need to know,"
China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 91-114.
- Jing Wu & Joseph Gyourko & Yongheng Deng, 2015. "Evaluating the Risk of Chinese Housing Markets: What We Know and What We Need to Know," NBER Working Papers 21346, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Claude Taffin & Roy Friedemann & Kim Kyung-Hwan, 2011. "Strategic Reorientation of the Housing Provident Fund System in the People's Republic of China," World Bank Other Operational Studies 12780, The World Bank.
- Lozano Navarro, Francisco-Javier, 2015. "Elasticidad precio de la oferta inmobiliaria en el Gran Santiago [Housing supply elasticity in Greater Santiago]," MPRA Paper 65012, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hiroshi Sato & Terry Sicular & Ximing Yue, 2011. "Housing Ownership, Incomes, and Inequality in China, 2002-2007," University of Western Ontario, Centre for Human Capital and Productivity (CHCP) Working Papers 201112, University of Western Ontario, Centre for Human Capital and Productivity (CHCP).
- Liming Yao & Michael White & Alla Koblyakova, 2015. "House price appreciation and housing affordability: a study of younger households tenure choice in China," ERES eres2015_44, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
- Cao, Yujin & Chen, Jidong & Zhang, Qinghua, 2018. "Housing investment in urban China," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 212-247.
- Tang, Mingzhe & Coulson, N. Edward, 2017. "The impact of China's housing provident fund on homeownership, housing consumption and housing investment," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 25-37.
- Dong, Yilin, 2016. "A note on geographical constraints and housing markets in China," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 15-21.
More about this item
KeywordsPublic policy; Housing Provident Fund; Policy evaluation; China; Life-cycle model; Homeownership;
All these keywords.
- E2 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment
- E6 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook
- H3 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents
- R2 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis
- R3 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CNA-2020-03-30 (China)
- NEP-DGE-2020-03-30 (Dynamic General Equilibrium)
- NEP-MAC-2020-03-30 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-TRA-2020-03-30 (Transition Economics)
- NEP-URE-2020-03-30 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:feddwp:87678. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbdaus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.