Demografía, empleo, salarios y pensiones
The demographic change that can be foreseen in the medium run will have many socio-economic consequences. This paper analyses two of them. First, the variation in the age structure of the labour force may have an impact on the employment status of particular population groups and on relative wages of different cohorts. Secondly, pension systems will have to be adapted to the new demographic scenario, a recurrent topic in academic and political debates. In the first part of this document there is some empirical evidence on the first topic above. In the second, there is some discussion of the main issues to take into account for the reform of pension systems.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michael L. Wachter & Choongsoo Kim, 1982. "Time Series Changes in Youth Joblessness," NBER Chapters, in: The Youth Labor Market Problem: Its Nature, Causes, and Consequences, pages 155-198 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael L. Wachter & Choongsoo Kim, 1979. "Time Series Changes in Youth Joblessness," NBER Working Papers 0384, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Juan F. Jimeno & Omar Licandro, 1999. "La tasa interna de rentabilidad y el equilibrio financiero del sistema español de pensiones de jubilación," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 23(1), pages 129-143, January.
- Juan J Dolado & Carlos Garcia--Serrano & Juan F. Jimeno, 2002.
"Drawing Lessons From The Boom Of Temporary Jobs In Spain,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(721), pages F270-F295, June.
- Dolado, Juan J. & Garcia-Serrano, Carlos & Jimeno, Juan F, 2001. "Drawing Lessons From the Boom of Temporary Jobs in Spain," CEPR Discussion Papers 2884, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Salvador Barrios & Sophia Dimelis & Helen Louri & Eric Strobl, . "Efficiency Spillovers from Foreign Direct Investment in the EU Periphery: A comparative study of Greece, Ireland and Spain," Working Papers 2002-02, FEDEA.
- Robert Shimer, 2001.
"The Impact Of Young Workers On The Aggregate Labor Market,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 116(3), pages 969-1007, August.
- Robert Shimer, 1999. "The Impact of Young Workers on the Aggregate Labor Market," NBER Working Papers 7306, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard Freeman & David G. Blanchflower, 2000. "Introduction to "Youth Employment and Joblessness in Advanced Countries"," NBER Chapters, in: Youth Employment and Joblessness in Advanced Countries, pages 1-16 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Juan José Dolado & Florentino Felgueroso & Juan F. Jimeno, . "Explaining Youth Labor Market Problems in Spain: Crowding-Out, Institutions, or Technology Shifts?," Working Papers 2000-09, FEDEA.
- Sanders Korenman & David Neumark, 2000.
"Cohort Crowding and Youth Labor Markets (A Cross-National Analysis),"
in: Youth Employment and Joblessness in Advanced Countries, pages 57-106
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sanders Korenman & David Neumark, 1997. "Cohort Crowding and Youth Labor Markets: A Cross-National Analysis," NBER Working Papers 6031, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Xavier Raurich & Hector Sala & Valeri Sorolla, . "Employment and public capital in Spain," Working Papers 2001-21, FEDEA.
- Michele Boldrin & Juan J. Dolado & Juan F. Jimeno & Franco Peracchi, . "The future of pension systems in Europe. A reappraisal," Working Papers 99-08, FEDEA.
- Reyes Maroto Illera & Carlos Mulas-Granados, . "Duration of Fiscal Consolidations in the European Union," Working Papers 2001-19, FEDEA.
- David G. Blanchflower & Richard B. Freeman, 2000. "Youth Employment and Joblessness in Advanced Countries," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number blan00-1, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fda:fdaddt:2002-04. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carmen Arias)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.