Efficiency spillovers from foreign direct investment in the EU periphery: A comparative study of Greece, Ireland, and Spain
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Salvador Barrios & Sophia Dimelis & Helen Louri & Eric Strobl, "undated". "Efficiency Spillovers from Foreign Direct Investment in the EU Periphery: A comparative study of Greece, Ireland and Spain," Working Papers 2002-02, FEDEA.
References listed on IDEAS
- Barry, Frank & Bradley, John, 1997.
"FDI and Trade: The Irish Host-Country Experience,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(445), pages 1798-1811, November.
- Barry, F & Bradley, J, 1997. ""FDI and Trade : The Irish Host-Country Experience"," Papers 97/13, College Dublin, Department of Political Economy-.
- Blomstrom, Magnus & Kokko, Ari, 1998.
" Multinational Corporations and Spillovers,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(3), pages 247-277, July.
- Blomström, Magnus & Kokko, Ari, 1996. "Multinational Corporations and Spillovers," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 99, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Blomström, Magnus & Kokko, Ari, 1996. "Multinational Corporations and Spillovers," CEPR Discussion Papers 1365, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Markusen, James R. & Venables, Anthony J., 1999.
"Foreign direct investment as a catalyst for industrial development,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 335-356, February.
- James R. Markusen & Anthony J. Venables, 1997. "Foreign Direct Investment as a Catalyst for Industrial Development," NBER Working Papers 6241, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James R. Markusen, 1995. "The Boundaries of Multinational Enterprises and the Theory of International Trade," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(2), pages 169-189, Spring.
- Blomstrom, Magnus, 1986. "Foreign Investment and Productive Efficiency: The Case of Mexico," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(1), pages 97-110, September.
- Aitken, Brian & Harrison, Ann & DEC, 1994. "Do domestic firms benefit from foreign direct investment? Evidence from panel data," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1248, The World Bank.
- Machin, Stephen J, 1991.
"The Productivity Effects of Unionization and Firm Size in British Engineering Firms,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 58(232), pages 479-490, November.
- Machin, S.J., 1988. "The Productivity Effects Of Unionisation And Firm Size In British Engineering Firms," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 293, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Gorg, Holger & Strobl, Eric, 2001. "Multinational Companies and Productivity Spillovers: A Meta-analysis," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 111(475), pages 723-739, November.
- Salvador Barrios & Eric Strobl, 2002. "Foreign direct investment and productivity spillovers: Evidence from the Spanish experience," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 138(3), pages 459-481, September.
- Barbosa, Natalia & Louri, Helen, 2002. "On the determinants of multinationals' ownership preferences: evidence from Greece and Portugal," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 493-515, April.
More about this item
KeywordsFDI; multinationals; productivity; spillovers;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:weltar:v:140:y:2004:i:4:p:688-705. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .