Time to Set Banking Regulation Right
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mathias Dewatripont & Jean-Charles Rochet & Jean Tirole, 2010. "Lessons from the Crisis," Introductory Chapters, in: Balancing the Banks: Global Lessons from the Financial Crisis, Princeton University Press.
- Mr. Francis Vitek & Mr. Scott Roger, 2012. "The Global Macroeconomic Costs of Raising Bank Capital Adequacy Requirements," IMF Working Papers 2012/044, International Monetary Fund.
- J. Tobin, 1958. "Liquidity Preference as Behavior Towards Risk," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 25(2), pages 65-86.
- Tarullo, Daniel, 2008. "Banking on Basel: The Future of International Financial Regulation," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 4235, October.
- João A. C. Santos, 2000. "Bank capital regulation in contemporary banking theory: a review of the literature," BIS Working Papers 90, Bank for International Settlements.
- Raghuram G. Rajan, 2010. "Fault Lines: How Hidden Fractures Still Threaten the World Economy," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 9111.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ioana Laura VALEANU, 2015. "A New Approach To Financial Regulation At The European Level," CES Working Papers, Centre for European Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, vol. 7(4), pages 901-913, December.
- Paolo Angelini & Sergio Nicoletti-Altimari & Ignazio Visco, 2012. "Macroprudential, microprudential and monetary policies: conflicts, complementarities and trade-offs," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 140, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Bryan J. Noeth & Rajdeep Sengupta, 2012. "Global European banks and the financial crisis," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Nov, pages 457-480.
- Stefano Micossi, 2012. "Banking Union in the Making," CESifo Forum, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 13(4), pages 21-25, December.
- Sharma, Priyanka & Wagman, Liad, 2020. "Advertising and Voter Data in Asymmetric Political Contests," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C).
- Micossi, Stefano & Bruzzone, Ginevra & Carmassi, Jacopo, 2013. "The New European Framework for Managing Bank Crises," CEPS Papers 8620, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Curto, José Dias & Quinaz, Pedro Miguel Mateus Dias, 2016. "Prudential regulation in an artificial banking system," Economics Discussion Papers 2016-27, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW Kiel).
- Carmassi, Jacopo & Di Noia, Carmine & Micossi, Stefano, 2012. "Banking Union: A federal model for the European Union with prompt corrective action," CEPS Papers 7308, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Carlo D'Ippoliti, 2012. "Josef Steindl: Introduzione: sulle cause reali della crisi finanziaria (Introduction: on the real causes of the financial crisis)," Moneta e Credito, Economia civile, vol. 65(260), pages 279-292.
- Stefano Micossi, 2012. "Banking Union in the Making," CESifo Forum, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 13(04), pages 21-25, December.
- Micossi,Stefano, 2013. "A Viable Alternative to Basel III Prudential Capital Rules," CEPS Papers 8075, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Mario Tonveronachi & Elisabetta Montanaro, 2012. "Financial re-regulation at a crossroads: How the European experience strengthens the case for a radical reform built on Minsky's approach," PSL Quarterly Review, Economia civile, vol. 65(263), pages 335-383.
- Paolo Angelini & Sergio Nicoletti-Altimari & Ignazio Visco, 2013. "Macroprudential, Microprudential and Monetary Policies: Policies, Complementarities and Trade-Offs," Chapters, in: Andreas Dombret & Otto Lucius (ed.), Stability of the Financial System, chapter 22, Edward Elgar Publishing.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Mariathasan, Mike & Merrouche, Ouarda, 2014.
"The manipulation of basel risk-weights,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 300-321.
- Mike Mariathasan & Ouarda Merrouche, 2012. "The Manipulation of Basel Risk-Weights. Evidence from 2007-10," Economics Series Working Papers 621, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Ouarda Merrouche & Mike Mariathasan, 2014. "The Manipulation of Basel Risk-Weights," Post-Print hal-01638074, HAL.
- Mariathasan, Mike & Merrouche, Ouarda, 2013. "The Manipulation of Basel Risk-Weights," CEPR Discussion Papers 9494, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Timothy J. Riddiough, 2011. "Can Securitization Work? Economic, Structural and Policy Considerations," Working Papers 242011, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Tamara Lothian, 2012. "Beyond macroprudential regulation: Three ways of thinking about financial crisis, regulation and reform," Global Policy, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 3(4), pages 410-420, November.
- Anjan V. Thakor, 2015. "The Financial Crisis of 2007–2009: Why Did It Happen and What Did We Learn?," Review of Corporate Finance Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(2), pages 155-205.
- Rand Kwong Yew Low, 2018. "Vine copulas: modelling systemic risk and enhancing higher‐moment portfolio optimisation," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 58(S1), pages 423-463, November.
- Alan J. Auerbach, 1981. "Evaluating the Taxation of Risky Assets," NBER Working Papers 0806, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hong, Claire Yurong & Lu, Xiaomeng & Pan, Jun, 2021. "FinTech adoption and household risk-taking," BOFIT Discussion Papers 14/2021, Bank of Finland Institute for Emerging Economies (BOFIT).
- Castro, Luciano de & Galvao, Antonio F. & Kim, Jeong Yeol & Montes-Rojas, Gabriel & Olmo, Jose, 2022.
"Experiments on portfolio selection: A comparison between quantile preferences and expected utility decision models,"
Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 97(C).
- Gabriel Montes-Rojas & Luciano de Castro & Antonio F. Galvao & Jeong Yeol Kim & José Olmo, 2021. "Experiments On Portfolio Selection: A Comparison Between Quantile Preferences And Expected Utility Decision Models," Documentos de trabajo del Instituto Interdisciplinario de Economía Política (IIEP-BAIRES) 2021-68, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas, Instituto Interdisciplinario de Economía Política (IIEP-BAIRES).
- Perego, Erica, 2020.
"Sovereign risk and asset market dynamics in the euro area,"
Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 109(C).
- Erica Perego, 2018. "Sovereign risk and asset market dynamics in the euro area," Documents de recherche 18-01, Centre d'Études des Politiques Économiques (EPEE), Université d'Evry Val d'Essonne.
- Erica Perego, 2018. "Sovereign Risk and Asset Market Dynamics in the Euro Area," Working Papers 2018-18, CEPII research center.
- Dipankar Mondal & N. Selvaraju, 2022. "Convexity, two-fund separation and asset ranking in a mean-LPM portfolio selection framework," OR Spectrum: Quantitative Approaches in Management, Springer;Gesellschaft für Operations Research e.V., vol. 44(1), pages 225-248, March.
- Anders Johansson, 2009.
"An analysis of dynamic risk in the Greater China equity markets,"
Journal of Chinese Economic and Business Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(3), pages 299-320.
- Johansson, Anders C., 2009. "An Analysis Of Dynamic Risk In The Greater China Equity Markets," Working Paper Series 2009-5, Stockholm School of Economics, China Economic Research Center.
- Oliver Denk & Boris Cournède, 2015. "Finance and income inequality in OECD countries," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 1224, OECD Publishing.
- Lloyd, S. P., 2017. "Unconventional Monetary Policy and the Interest Rate Channel: Signalling and Portfolio Rebalancing," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1735, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Chia-Lin Chang & Jukka Ilomäki & Hannu Laurila & Michael McAleer, 2018.
"Long Run Returns Predictability and Volatility with Moving Averages,"
Risks, MDPI, vol. 6(4), pages 1-18, September.
- Chia-Lin Chang & Jukka Ilomäki & Hannu Laurila & Michael McAleer, 2018. "Long Run Returns Predictability and Volatility with Moving Averages," Documentos de Trabajo del ICAE 2018-25, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Instituto Complutense de Análisis Económico.
- Chang, C-L. & Ilomäki, J. & Laurila, H. & McAleer, M.J., 2018. "Long Run Returns Predictability and Volatility with Moving Averages," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI2018-39, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Hany Shawky & Ronald Forbes & Alan Frankle, 1983. "Liquidity Services and Capital Market Equilibrium: The Case for Money Market Mutual Funds," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 6(2), pages 141-152, June.
- Karl Aiginger & Alois Guger, 2014.
"Stylized Facts on the Interaction between Income Distribution and the Great Recession,"
Research in Applied Economics, Macrothink Institute, vol. 6(3), pages 157-178, September.
- Aiginger, Karl & Guger, Alois, 2013. "Stylized facts on the interaction between income distribution and the Great Recession," Economics Discussion Papers 2013-25, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW Kiel).
- Roy, Saktinil & Kemme, David M., 2012. "Causes of banking crises: Deregulation, credit booms and asset bubbles, then and now," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 270-294.
- Xinhua Gu & Yang Zhang & Xiao Chang, 2017. "The role of financial systems for cross-country differences in the link between income and consumption inequality," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(24), pages 2365-2378, May.
- Kollmann, Robert & Enders, Zeno & Müller, Gernot J., 2011.
"Global banking and international business cycles,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 407-426, April.
- Enders, Zeno & Kollmann, Robert & Müller, Gernot, 2010. "Global Banking and International Business Cycles," CEPR Discussion Papers 7972, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Zeno Enders & Robert Kollmann & Gernot J. Muller, 2011. "Global banking and international business cycles," Globalization Institute Working Papers 72, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Robert KOLLMANN, 2011. "Global Banking and International Business Cycles," 2011 Meeting Papers 20, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Robert Kollmann & Zeno Enders & Gernot J. Müller, 2010. "Global Banking and International Business Cycles," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2010-028, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Andres, Christian & Cumming, Douglas & Karabiber, Timur & Schweizer, Denis, 2014. "Do markets anticipate capital structure decisions? — Feedback effects in equity liquidity," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 133-156.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BAN-2012-07-01 (Banking)
- NEP-CBA-2012-07-01 (Central Banking)
- NEP-RMG-2012-07-01 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eps:cepswp:6734. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cepssbe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Margarita Minkova (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cepssbe.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.