Josef Steindl: Introduzione: sulle cause reali della crisi finanziaria (Introduction: on the real causes of the financial crisis)
The article introduces to the present issue, reviewing its contents and placing them in the context of the current European crisis. It shortly highlights the relevance of the article by Josef Steindl published in this issue for the first time, as well as the article by Nina Shapiro on the Austrian economist. These contributions provide the occasion to discuss the often neglected issue of the long-run consequences of several forms of stimulus of aggregate demand, such as fiscal deficits or current account surpluses. Such issue highlights some long-run real economic causes of the recent financial crisis, thus allowing to effectively bypass the false dichotomy between real and financial variables.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- André Sapir & Jean Pisani-Ferry & Guntram Wolff, 2012.
"The Messy Rebuilding of Europe,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/174289, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Jean Pisani-Ferry & André Sapir & Guntram B. Wolff, 2012. "The messy rebuilding of Europe," Policy Briefs 719, Bruegel.
- Adrian, Tobias & Shin, Hyun Song, 2010. "Liquidity and leverage," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 418-437, July.
- Tobias Adrian & Hyun Song Shin, 2008. "Liquidity and leverage," Staff Reports 328, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Jan Kregel, 2011. "Will restricting proprietary trading and stricter derivatives regulation make the US financial system more stable?," PSL Quarterly Review, Economia civile, vol. 64(258), pages 227-247.
- Robert A. Eisenbeis & George G. Kaufman, 2007. "Cross-border banking: challenges for deposit insurance and financial stability in the European Union," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2006-15, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Carmassi, Jacopo & Micossi, Stefano, 2012. "Time to Set Banking Regulation Right," CEPS Papers 6734, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Jean Pisani-Ferry & André Sapir & Nicolas Véron & Guntram B. Wolff, 2012. "What kind of European banking union?," Policy Contributions 731, Bruegel.
- Alessandro Roncaglia, 2012. "Keynesian uncertainty and the shaky foundations of statistical risk assessment models," PSL Quarterly Review, Economia civile, vol. 65(263), pages 437-454.
- Martin Hellwig, 2010. "Capital Regulation after the Crisis: Business as Usual?," ifo DICE Report, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 8(2), pages 40-46, 07.
- Martin Hellwig, 2010. "Capital Regulation after the Crisis: Business as Usual?," Working Paper Series of the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods 2010_31, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods.
- Hyun Song Shin, 2009. "Reflections on Northern Rock: The Bank Run That Heralded the Global Financial Crisis," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 23(1), pages 101-119, Winter.
- Gros, Daniel, 2012. "Macroeconomic Imbalances in the Euro Area: Symptom or cause of the crisis?," CEPS Papers 6865, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Dirk Schoenmaker & Charles Goodhart, 2006. "Burden Sharing in a Banking Crisis in Europe," FMG Special Papers sp164, Financial Markets Group.
- Julian T Chow & Jay Surti, 2011. "Making Banks Safer; Can Volcker and Vickers Do it?," IMF Working Papers 11/236, International Monetary Fund.
- Jacopo Carmassi & Stefano Micossi, 2012. "Time to Set Banking Regulation Right," FMG Special Papers sp206, Financial Markets Group.
- Mario Tonveronachi & Elisabetta Montanaro, 2009. "Some preliminary proposals for re-regulating financial systems," Department of Economics University of Siena 553, Department of Economics, University of Siena. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:psl:moneta:2012:41. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carlo D'Ippoliti)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.