Trust, Truth, Status and Identity: an experimental inquiry
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Butler Jeffrey V., 2014. "Trust, Truth, Status and Identity: An Experimental Inquiry," The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 14(1), pages 1-46, February.
References listed on IDEAS
- Güth, Werner & Levati, M. Vittoria & Ploner, Matteo, 2008.
"Social identity and trust--An experimental investigation,"
Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics),
Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 1293-1308, August.
- Werner Güth & M. Vittoria Levati & Matteo Ploner, 2007. "Social identity and trust - An experimental investigation," Papers on Strategic Interaction 2006-41, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Strategic Interaction Group.
- Sanchez-Pages, Santiago & Vorsatz, Marc, 2007.
"An experimental study of truth-telling in a sender-receiver game,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 86-112, October.
- Santiago Sanchez-Pages & Marc Vorsatz, 2004. "An Experimental Study of Truth-Telling in a Sender-Receiver Game," ESE Discussion Papers 128, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- McLeish, Kendra N. & Oxoby, Robert J., 2007. "Identity, Cooperation, and Punishment," IZA Discussion Papers 2572, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Butler, Je rey V. & Conzo, Pierluigi & Leroch, Martin A., 2013.
"Social Identity and Punishment,"
Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers
201329, University of Turin.
- Jeffrey V. Butler & Pierluigi Conzo & Martin A. Leroch, 2015. "Social Identity and Punishment," Working Papers 1512, Gutenberg School of Management and Economics, Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz.
- Jeffrey V. Butler & Pierluigi Conzo & Martin A. Leroch, 2013. "Social Identity and Punishment," EIEF Working Papers Series 1316, Einaudi Institute for Economics and Finance (EIEF), revised May 2013.
- Sheryl Ball & Catherine Eckel & Philip J. Grossman & William Zame, 2001. "Status in Markets," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 116(1), pages 161-188.
- Kei Tsutsui & Daniel Zizzo, 2014.
"Group status, minorities and trust,"
Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 17(2), pages 215-244, June.
- Kei Tsutsui & Daniel John Zizzo, 2010. "Group status, minorities, and trust," Working Paper series, University of East Anglia, Centre for Behavioural and Experimental Social Science (CBESS) 10-10, School of Economics, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK..
- Harris, D. & Herrmann, B. & Kontoleon, A., 2010. "What is the Nature and Social Norm within the Context of In-Group Favouritism?," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1062, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Urs Fischbacher, 2007. "z-Tree: Zurich toolbox for ready-made economic experiments," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 10(2), pages 171-178, June.
- Gary Charness & Luca Rigotti & Aldo Rustichini, 2007. "Individual Behavior and Group Membership," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 97(4), pages 1340-1352, September.
- Werner Güth & Matteo Ploner & Vittoria Levati, "undated". "The Effect of Group Identity in an Investment Game," Papers on Strategic Interaction 2005-06, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Strategic Interaction Group.
- Yan Chen & Sherry Xin Li, 2009. "Group Identity and Social Preferences," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 99(1), pages 431-457, March.
- Berg Joyce & Dickhaut John & McCabe Kevin, 1995. "Trust, Reciprocity, and Social History," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 122-142, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Delavande, Adeline & Zafar, Basit, 2015.
"Stereotypes and Madrassas: Experimental evidence from Pakistan,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 247-267.
- Adeline Delavande & Basit Zafar, 2011. "Stereotypes and madrassas: experimental evidence from Pakistan," Staff Reports 501, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Nese, Annamaria & O'Higgins, Niall & Sbriglia, Patrizia & Scudiero, Maurizio, 2016. "Cooperation, Punishment and Organized Crime: A Lab-in-the-Field Experiment in Southern Italy," IZA Discussion Papers 9901, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- A. Alesina & P. Giuliano., 2016.
"Culture and institutions,"
N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 10.
- Alberto Alesina & Paola Giuliano, 2015. "Culture and Institutions," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 53(4), pages 898-944, December.
- A. Alesina & P. Giuliano., 2016. "Culture and Institutions," VOPROSY ECONOMIKI, N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 11.
- Alberto Alesina & Paola Giuliano, 2013. "Culture and Institutions," NBER Working Papers 19750, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alesina, Alberto & Giuliano, Paola, 2015. "Culture and Institutions," IZA Discussion Papers 9246, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Alesina, Alberto F & Giuliano, Paola, 2015. "Culture and Institutions," CEPR Discussion Papers 10773, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alesina, Alberto Francesco & Giuliano, Paola, 2015. "Culture and Institutions," Scholarly Articles 27759053, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Tom Lane, 2015. "Discrimination in the laboratory: a meta-analysis," Discussion Papers 2015-03, The Centre for Decision Research and Experimental Economics, School of Economics, University of Nottingham.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-08-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2010-08-21 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-EVO-2010-08-21 (Evolutionary Economics)
- NEP-EXP-2010-08-21 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-SOC-2010-08-21 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eie:wpaper:0817. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Facundo Piguillem). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/einauit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.