What drives the global official/policy interest rate?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ronald A. Ratti & Joaquin L. Vespignani, 2019. "What drives the global official/policy interest rate?," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 51(47), pages 5185-5190, October.
- Ratti, Ronald & Vespignani, Joaquin, 2015. "What drives the global official/policy interest rate?," Working Papers 2015-09, University of Tasmania, Tasmanian School of Business and Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert J. Barro & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1990. "World Real Interest Rates," NBER Chapters, in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1990, Volume 5, pages 15-74, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thornton, Daniel L., 2014.
"Monetary policy: Why money matters (and interest rates don’t),"
Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 202-213.
- Daniel L. Thornton, 2008. "Monetary policy: why money matters and interest rates don't," Working Papers 2008-011, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Daniel L. Thornton, 2012. "Monetary policy: why money matters, and interest rates don’t," Working Papers 2012-020, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Ben S. Bernanke & Jean Boivin & Piotr Eliasz, 2005. "Measuring the Effects of Monetary Policy: A Factor-Augmented Vector Autoregressive (FAVAR) Approach," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 120(1), pages 387-422.
- Koop, Gary & Pesaran, M. Hashem & Potter, Simon M., 1996. "Impulse response analysis in nonlinear multivariate models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 119-147, September.
- Pesaran, H. Hashem & Shin, Yongcheol, 1998.
"Generalized impulse response analysis in linear multivariate models,"
Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 17-29, January.
- Pesaran, M. H. & Shin, Y., 1997. "Generalised Impulse Response Analysis in Linear Multivariate Models," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9710, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nagayasu, Jun, 2019.
"Financial flows, global interest rates, and political integration,"
Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 31(C).
- Jun Nagayasu, 2018. "Financial Flows, Global Interest Rates, and Political Integration," DSSR Discussion Papers 75, Graduate School of Economics and Management, Tohoku University.
- Olatunji A. Shobande & Oladimeji T. Shodipe & Simplice A. Asongu, 2019.
"Global Shocks Alert and Monetary Policy Responses,"
Working Papers of the African Governance and Development Institute.
19/066, African Governance and Development Institute..
- Olatunji A. Shobande & Oladimeji T. Shodipe & Simplice A. Asongu, 2019. "Global Shocks Alert and Monetary Policy Responses," Research Africa Network Working Papers 19/066, Research Africa Network (RAN).
- Olatunji A. Shobande & Oladimeji T. Shodipe & Simplice A. Asongu, 2019. "Global Shocks Alert and Monetary Policy Responses," Working Papers 19/066, European Xtramile Centre of African Studies (EXCAS).
- Shobande, Olatunji & Shodipe, Oladimeji & Simplice, Asongu, 2019. "Global Shocks Alert and Monetary Policy Responses," MPRA Paper 101794, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Probst, Julius, 2019. "Global real interest rate dynamics from the late 19th century to today," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 522-547.
More about this item
KeywordsGlobal interest rate; global monetary aggregates; oil prices; GFAVAR;
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- E50 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - General
- Q43 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Energy and the Macroeconomy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CBA-2015-08-13 (Central Banking)
- NEP-ENE-2015-08-13 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-IFN-2015-08-13 (International Finance)
- NEP-MAC-2015-08-13 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2015-08-13 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:een:camaaa:2015-27. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Cama Admin). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/asanuau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.