Report NEP-MAC-2015-08-13This is the archive for NEP-MAC, a report on new working papers in the area of Macroeconomics. Soumitra K Mallick issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Michael T. Belongia & Peter N. Ireland, 2015. "The Evolution of US Monetary Policy: 2000-2007," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 882, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Galí, Jordi, 2015. "Hysteresis and the European Unemployment Problem Revisited," CEPR Discussion Papers 10745, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Pedro Leao, 2015. "Is a Very High Public Debt a Problem?," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_843, Levy Economics Institute.
- Julio Garín & Robert Lester & Eric Sims, 2015. "On the Desirability of Nominal GDP Targeting," NBER Working Papers 21420, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Felix J. Bierbrauer & Martin F. Hellwig, 2015. "Public-Good Provision, Mechanism Design and Voting," Working Paper Series of the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods 2015_11, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods.
- Anand, Rahul & Prasad, Eswar & Zhang, Boyang, 2015. "What Measure of Inflation Should a Developing Country Central Bank Target?," IZA Discussion Papers 9219, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Şen, Hüseyin & Kaya, Ayşe, 2015. "The relative effectiveness of Monetary and Fiscal Policies on growth: what does long-run SVAR model tell us?," MPRA Paper 65903, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Aug 2015.
- Ronald A. Ratti & Joaquin L. Vespignani, 2015. "What drives the global official/policy interest rate?," CAMA Working Papers 2015-27, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Cars Hommes & Domenico Massaro & Matthias Weber, 2015. "Monetary Policy under Behavioral Expectations: Theory and Experiment," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 15-087/II, Tinbergen Institute.
- Ichiro Fukunaga & Naoya Kato & Junko Koeda, 2015. "Maturity Structure and Supply Factors in Japanese Government Bond Markets," IMES Discussion Paper Series 15-E-10, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan.
- Fabio Bagliano & Claudio Morana, 2015. "It ain't over till it's over: A global perspective on the Great Moderation-Great Recession interconnection," Working Papers 303, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Jul 2015.
- ABDELLAOUI, Okba & BEN AMARA, Naoual & SALHI, Nadjai, 2014.
"التمويل بالمشاركة وأثره على التوازن الآني في سوقي النقد والسلع والخدمات
[The Funding by participation and its impact on immediate balance in monetary market goods and services]," MPRA Paper 65929, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eddie Gerba & Dawid Zochowski, 2016. "Macroprudential policy in a Knightian uncertainty model with credit-, risk-, and leverage cycles," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 62812, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Dräger, Lena & Proaño, Christian R., 2015. "Cross-border banking and business cycles in asymmetric currency unions," Discussion Papers 21/2015, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Temesvary, Judit & Ongena, Steven & Owen, Ann L., 2015. "A Global Lending Channel Unplugged? Does U.S. Monetary Policy Affect Cross-border and Affiliate Lending by Global U.S. Banks?," MPRA Paper 65913, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nijathaworn, Bandid & Chaikhor, Suwatchai & Chotika-arpa, Suppakorn & Sakkankosone, Suchart, 2015. "Monetary Policy and Foreign Exchange Management: Reforming Central Bank Functions in Myanmar," ADB Economics Working Paper Series 431, Asian Development Bank.
- Charles, Sébastien & Dallery, Thomas & Marie, Jonathan, 2015.
"Le multiplicateur keynésien en récession : Pourquoi une relance est-elle davantage nécessaire aujourd'hui en zone Euro ?
[The keynesian multiplier in recession: why fiscal stimulus is now even more," MPRA Paper 65897, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Guy Laroque & Sophie Osotimehin, 2015. "Fluctuations in hours of work and employment across age and gender," IFS Working Papers W15/03, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- L. Cycon & Michael Koetter, 2015. "Monetary Policy under the Microscope: Intra-bank Transmission of Asset Purchase Programs of the ECB," IWH Discussion Papers 9, Halle Institute for Economic Research.
- Michael Donadelli & Vahid Mojtahed & Antonio Paradiso, 2015. "Technological Progress, Investment Frictions and Business Cycle: New Insights from a Neoclassical Growth Model," Working Papers LuissLab 15119, Dipartimento di Economia e Finanza, LUISS Guido Carli.
- Strohsal, Till & Proaño, Christian R. & Wolters, Jürgen, 2015. "Characterizing the financial cycle: Evidence from a frequency domain analysis," Discussion Papers 22/2015, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Keiichi Morimoto & Takeo Hori & Noritaka Maebayashi & Koichi Futagami, 2013. "Debt Policy Rules in an Open Economy," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 13-07-Rev., Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP), revised Aug 2015.
- Marcel Fratzscher & Marco Lo Duca & Roland Straub, 2015. "On the International Spillovers of US Quantitative Easing," IMES Discussion Paper Series 15-E-07, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan.
- Thomas Hintermaier & Winfried Koeniger, 2015. "Household Debt and Crises of Confidence," Bonn Econ Discussion Papers bgse06_2015, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Khalid Rashid, Alkhater & Syed Abul, Basher, 2015. "The oil cycle, the Federal Reserve, and the monetary and exchange rate policies of Qatar," MPRA Paper 65900, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Olivier Blanchard & Christopher J. Erceg & Jesper Lindé, 2015. "Jump Starting the Euro Area Recovery: Would a Rise in Core Fiscal Spending Help the Periphery?," NBER Working Papers 21426, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Janine Aron & John Muellbauer & Rachel Sebudde, 2015. "Inflation forecasting models for Uganda: is mobile money relevant?," CSAE Working Paper Series 2015-17, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Kufenko, Vadim & Geiger, Niels, 2015. "Stylized facts of the business cycle: Universal phenomenon, or institutionally determined?," Violette Reihe Arbeitspapiere 45/2015, Promotionsschwerpunkt "Globalisierung und Beschaeftigung".
- Hana Hejlova, 2015. "The Role of Covered Bonds in Explaining House Price Dynamics in Spain," Working Papers IES 2015/17, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Jun 2015.
- Brüggemann, Bettina & Yoo, Jinhyuk, 2015. "Aggregate and distributional effects of increasing taxes on top income earners," IMFS Working Paper Series 94, Goethe University Frankfurt, Institute for Monetary and Financial Stability (IMFS).
- Geeta Garg, 2015. "Impact of trilemma indicators on macroeconomic policy: Does central bank independence matter?," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2015-019, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Junko Koeda, 2015. "Bond Supply and Excess Bond Returns in Zero-Lower Bound and Normal Environments: Evidence from Japan," Working Papers 1506, Waseda University, Faculty of Political Science and Economics.
- Jang-Ting Guo & Shu-Hua Chen, 2015. "Progressive Taxation as an Automatic Destabilizer under Endogenous Growth," Working Papers 201510, University of California at Riverside, Department of Economics.
- Fischer, Justina A.V. & Pastore, Francesco, 2015. "Completing the Monetary Union of Europe as Mid-term Solution of the Euro Crisis," IZA Discussion Papers 9230, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Benjamin Wong, 2015. "Do inflation expectations propagate the inflationary impact of real oil price shocks?: Evidence from the Michigan survey," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Discussion Paper Series DP2015/01, Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
- Eric M. Leeper & Nora Traum & Todd B. Walker, 2015. "Clearing Up the Fiscal Multiplier Morass," Caepr Working Papers 2015-013 Classification-C, Center for Applied Economics and Policy Research, Economics Department, Indiana University Bloomington.
- Krebs, Tom & Kuhn, Moritz & Wright, Mark L. J., 2015. "Human Capital Risk, Contract Enforcement, and the Macroeconomy," IZA Discussion Papers 9228, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Benjamin Beckers, 2015. "The Real-Time Predictive Content of Asset Price Bubbles for Macro Forecasts," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1496, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- James Morley & Aarti Singh, 2015. "Inventory Shocks and the Great Moderation," Discussion Papers 2012-42B, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Yenner Altunbas & John Thornton, 2015. "Why do countries adopt fiscal rules?," Working Papers 15006, Bangor Business School, Prifysgol Bangor University (Cymru / Wales).
- Horacio A. Aguirre & Emilio F. Blanco, 2015. "Credit and Macroprudential Policy in an Emerging Economy: a Structural Model Assessment," BIS Working Papers 504, Bank for International Settlements.
- Antoine Martin & James McAndrews & Ali Palida & David Skeie, 2015. "Federal Reserve Tools for Managing Rates and Reserves," IMES Discussion Paper Series 15-E-08, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan.
- Emiliano Luttini & Michael Pedersen, 2015. "Bank's Price Setting and Lending Maturity: Evidence from an Inflation- Targeting Economy," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 762, Central Bank of Chile.
- Corrado Di Guilmi & Laura Carvalho, 2015. "The dynamics of leverage in a Minskyan model with heterogeneous firms," Working Papers, Department of Economics 2015_15, University of São Paulo (FEA-USP).
- Carlo Altavilla & Marco Pagano & Saverio Simonelli, 2015. "Bank Exposures and Sovereign Stress Transmission," CSEF Working Papers 410, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy, revised 03 Jan 2017.
- Ravazzolo, Francesco & Vespignani, Joaquin L., 2015. "A new monthly indicator of global real economic activity," Globalization and Monetary Policy Institute Working Paper 244, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Juan Rubio-Ramirez & Dario Caldara & Jonas Arias, 2015. "The Systematic Component of Monetary Policy in SVARs: An Agnostic Identification Procedure," 2015 Meeting Papers 359, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Michele Piffer, 2015. "Monetary Policy and the Risk-Taking Channel," DIW Roundup: Politik im Fokus 75, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Güneş Kamber & Özer Karagedikli & Christie Smith, 2015. "Applying an Inflation Targeting Lens to Macroprudential Policy 'Institutions'," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Discussion Paper Series DP2015/04, Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
- Friese, Max, 2015. "The labor market effect of demographic change: Alleviation for financing social security," Thuenen-Series of Applied Economic Theory 138 [rev.], University of Rostock, Institute of Economics.
- Baskaran, Thushyanthan & Blesse, Sebastian & Brender, Adi & Reingewertz, Yaniv, 2015. "Revenue decentralization, central oversight and the political budget cycle: Evidence from Israel," ZEW Discussion Papers 15-046, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Giuseppe Bianchi & Tatiana Cesaroni & Ottavio Ricchi, 2015. "ISBEM: An econometric model for the Italian State Budget Expenditures," Working Papers LuissLab 15120, Dipartimento di Economia e Finanza, LUISS Guido Carli.
- Aleksander Berentsen & Sébastien Philippe Kraenzlin & Benjamin Müller, 2015. "Exit Strategies and Trade Dynamics in Repo Markets," Working Papers 2015-09, Swiss National Bank.
- Joseph P. Byrne & Shuo Cao. & Dimitris Korobilis., 2015. "Term Structure Dynamics, Macro-Finance Factors and Model Uncertainty," Working Papers 2015_08, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Foulis, Angus & Nelson, Benjamin & Tanaka, Misa, 2015. "Bank leverage, credit traps and credit policies," Bank of England working papers 539, Bank of England.
- Bachmann, Ronald & Bechara, Peggy & Kramer, Anica & Rzepka, Sylvi, 2015. "Labour Market Dynamics and Worker Heterogeneity during the Great Recession: Evidence from Europe," IZA Discussion Papers 9233, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Tetsuo Ono & Yuki Uchida, 2014. "Pensions, Education, and Growth: A Positive Analysis," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 14-37-Rev., Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP), revised Aug 2015.
- ABDELLAOUI, Okba & Zergoune, Mohamed, 2015.
"أثر أزمة منطقة اليورو على الإيرادات النفطية للجزائر للفترة 2005 - 2012
[The impact of euro zone crisis on oil revenues in Algeria]," MPRA Paper 65933, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lubos Hanus & Lukas Vacha, 2015. "Business cycle synchronization of the Visegrad Four and the European Union," Working Papers IES 2015/19, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Jul 2015.
- Roberto Casarin & Stefano Grassi & Francesco Ravazzolo & Herman K. van Dijk, 2015. "Dynamic predictive density combinations for large data sets in economics and finance," Working Paper 2015/12, Norges Bank.
- Juraj Hucek & Alexander Karsay & Marian Vavra, 2015. "Short-term Forecasting of Real GDP Using Monthly Data," Working and Discussion Papers OP 1/2015, Research Department, National Bank of Slovakia.
- Banerjee, Ryan & Mio, Hitoshi, 2015. "The impact of liquidity regulation on banks," Bank of England working papers 536, Bank of England.
- De La Torre,Augusto & Ize,Alain, 2015. "Should Latin America save more to grow faster ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7386, The World Bank.
- Andrés González & Franz Hamann & Diego Rodríguez, 2015. "Macroprudential Policies in a Commodity Exporting Economy," BIS Working Papers 506, Bank for International Settlements.
- Leonce Ndikumana, 2014. "International Tax Cooperation and Implications of Globalization," CDP Background Papers 024, United Nations, Department of Economics and Social Affairs.
- Martinez-Garcia, Enrique, 2015. "On the sustainability of exchange rate target zones with central parity realignments," Globalization and Monetary Policy Institute Working Paper 243, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Bill Gibson & Mark Setterfield, 2015. "Real and financial crises in the Keynes-Kalecki structuralist model: An agent-based approach," Working Papers 1517, New School for Social Research, Department of Economics.
- Zwick, Lina, 2015. "International liquidity shocks and domestic loan supply in the euro area," Ruhr Economic Papers 564, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Estrada, Gemma & Noland, Marcus & Park, Donghyun & Ramayandi, Arief, 2015. "Financing Asia’s Growth," ADB Economics Working Paper Series 438, Asian Development Bank.
- Prayudhi Azwar & Rod Tyers, 2015. "Indonesian Macro Policy through Two Crises," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 15-16, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Maria Breitwieser, 2015. "Optimal Contracting with Reciprocal Agents in a Competitive Search Model," Working Paper Series of the Department of Economics, University of Konstanz 2015-16, Department of Economics, University of Konstanz.
- Giamattei, Marcus, 2015. "Cold Turkey vs. gradualism: Evidence on disinflation strategies from a laboratory experiment," Passauer Diskussionspapiere, Volkswirtschaftliche Reihe V-67-15, University of Passau, Faculty of Business and Economics.
- Sari Pekkala Kerr & William R. Kerr & Ramana Nanda, 2015. "House Money and Entrepreneurship," Harvard Business School Working Papers 15-069, Harvard Business School.
- Andrew Foerster & Troy Davig, 2015. "Uncertainty and Fiscal Cliffs," 2015 Meeting Papers 362, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Jenny Tang, 2015. "FOMC Communication and Interest Rate Sensitivity to News," 2015 Meeting Papers 349, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Martín Tobal, 2014. "Prudential Regulation, Currency Mismatches and Exchange Rate Regimes in Latin America and the Caribbean," Documentos de Investigación - Research Papers 17, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Latinoamericanos, CEMLA.
- Klenert, David & Mattauch, Linus, 2015. "How to make a carbon tax reform progressive: The role of subsistence consumption," MPRA Paper 65919, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- SIDIBE, Tidiani, 2015.
"Yards implementation of Basel prudential framework and IFRS: some ideas for African banks
[The yards of implementation of Basel prudential and IFRS: some ideas for African banks]," MPRA Paper 65848, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Filip Rozsypal, 2015. "Schumpeterian business cycles," 2015 Meeting Papers 320, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Brixiova, Zuzana & Meng, Qingwei & Ncube, Mthuli, 2015. "Can Intra-Regional Trade Act as a Global Shock Absorber in Africa?," IZA Discussion Papers 9205, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- francesco lippi & Luigi Paciello & Fernando Alvarez, 2015. "Monetary Shocks in Models with Inattentive Producers," 2015 Meeting Papers 316, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Findlay, Ronald & Park, Cyn-Young & Verbiest, Jean-Pierre, 2015. "Myanmar: Unlocking the Potential - A Strategy for High, Sustained, and Inclusive Growth," ADB Economics Working Paper Series 437, Asian Development Bank.
- Theodore R. Breton, 2015. "Evidence that Capital Formation is Over-Estimated in ICP 2011," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO CIEF 013332, UNIVERSIDAD EAFIT.
- Sylviane GUILLAUMONT JEANNENEY & Ping HUA, 2015. "The impact of Chinese competition on Africa’s manufacturing," Working Papers 201521, CERDI.