Is a Very High Public Debt a Problem?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- John Smithin, 2007. "A real interest rate rule for monetary policy?," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(1), pages 101-118.
- Thomas I. Palley, 2015.
"Money, Fiscal Policy, and Interest Rates: A Critique of Modern Monetary Theory,"
Review of Political Economy,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(1), pages 1-23, January.
- Thomas I. Palley, 2013. "Money, fiscal policy, and interest rates: A critique of Modern Monetary Theory," IMK Working Paper 109-2013, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Eric Tymoigne & L. Randall Wray, 2013. "Modern Money Theory 101: A Reply to Critics," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_778, Levy Economics Institute.
- Philip Arestis & Malcolm Sawyer, 2010. "The return of fiscal policy," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(3), pages 327-346, April.
- Mathew Forstater, 1999. "Functional Finance and Full Employment: Lessons from Lerner for Today," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_272, Levy Economics Institute.
- Mathew Forstater, 1999. "Functional Finance and Full Employment: Lessons from Lerner for Today," Macroeconomics 9908002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Claude Gnos & Louis-Philippe Rochon, 2006. "Post-Keynesian Principles of Economic Policy," Post-Print halshs-00114699, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsFiscal Policy; Functional Finance; Modern Monetary Theory; Monetary Policy; Public Debt Sustainability; Zero Interest Rates;
- E12 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Keynes; Keynesian; Post-Keynesian
- E42 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Monetary Sytsems; Standards; Regimes; Government and the Monetary System
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- E63 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Comparative or Joint Analysis of Fiscal and Monetary Policy; Stabilization; Treasury Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2015-08-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2015-08-13 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2015-08-13 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-PKE-2015-08-13 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lev:wrkpap:wp_843. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elizabeth Dunn). General contact details of provider: http://www.levyinstitute.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.