Access to finance in the Western Balkans
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mirjam Schiffer & Beatrice Weder, 2001.
"Firm Size and the Business Environment : Worldwide Survey Results,"
World Bank Publications,
The World Bank, number 13988.
- Schiffer, M. & Weder, B., 2001. "Firm Size and the Business Environment: Worldwide Survey Results," Papers 43, World Bank - International Finance Corporation.
- Thorsten Beck & Asli Demirgüç-Kunt & Vojislav Maksimovic, 2004.
"Bank competition and access to finance: international evidence,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, pages 627-654.
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Maksimovic, Vojislav, 2004. "Bank Competition and Access to Finance: International Evidence," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 36(3), pages 627-648, June.
- Adolfo Barajas & Ralph Chami & Seyed Reza Yousefi, 2016.
"The Finance and Growth Nexus Re-Examined: Do All Countries Benefit Equally?,"
Journal of Banking and Financial Economics,
University of Warsaw, Faculty of Management, vol. 1(5), pages 5-38, June.
- Adolfo Barajas & Ralph Chami & Reza Yousefi, 2013. "The Finance and Growth Nexus Re-Examined; Do All Countries Benefit Equally?," IMF Working Papers 13/130, International Monetary Fund.
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Laeven, Luc & Maksimovic, Vojislav, 2006.
"The determinants of financing obstacles,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 932-952, October.
- Thorsten Beck, 2004. "The determinants of financing obstacles," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3204, The World Bank.
- Beck, T.H.L. & Demirgüc-Kunt, A. & Laeven, L. & Maksimovic, V., 2006. "The determinants of financing obstacles," Other publications TiSEM 3fd6bd22-71e9-4084-87a3-1, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Levine, Ross, 2005. "Finance and Growth: Theory and Evidence," Handbook of Economic Growth,in: Philippe Aghion & Steven Durlauf (ed.), Handbook of Economic Growth, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 12, pages 865-934 Elsevier.
- Yuriy Gorodnichenko & Monika Schnitzer, 2013.
"Financial Constraints And Innovation: Why Poor Countries Don'T Catch Up,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
European Economic Association, vol. 11(5), pages 1115-1152, October.
- Yuriy Gorodnichenko & Monika Schnitzer, 2010. "Financial constraints and innovation: Why poor countries don't catch up," NBER Working Papers 15792, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gorodnichenko, Yuriy & Schnitzer, Monika, 2010. "Financial constraints and innovation: Why poor countries don't catchup," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 341, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Gorodnichenko, Yuriy & Schnitzer, Monika, 2010. "Financial constraints and innovation: Why poor countries don't catch up," CEPR Discussion Papers 7721, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gorodnichenko, Yuriy & Schnitzer, Monika, 2013. "Financial constraints and innovation: Why poor countries don't catch up," Munich Reprints in Economics 20443, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Gorodnichenko, Yuriy & Schnitzer, Monika, 2010. "Financial Constraints and Innovation: Why Poor Countries Don't Catch Up," IZA Discussion Papers 4786, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Elvin Afandi & Majid Kermani, 2014. "Bridging the Gender Gap in Entrepreneurship: Evidence from Europe," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp1074, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Thorsten Beck & Asli Demirgüç-Kunt & Vojislav Maksimovic, 2005. "Financial and Legal Constraints to Growth: Does Firm Size Matter?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 60(1), pages 137-177, February.
- Levine, Oliver & Warusawitharana, Missaka, 2014. "Finance and Productivity Growth: Firm-level Evidence," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2014-17, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Kashyap, Anil K & Stein, Jeremy C & Wilcox, David W, 1993.
"Monetary Policy and Credit Conditions: Evidence from the Composition of External Finance,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 83(1), pages 78-98, March.
- Anil K. Kashyap & Jeremy C. Stein & David W. Wilcox, 1991. "Monetary policy and credit conditions: evidence from the composition of external finance," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 154, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Anil K. Kashyap & Jeremy C. Stein & David W. Wilcox, 1992. "Monetary Policy and Credit Conditions: Evidence From the Composition of External Finance," NBER Working Papers 4015, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- William R. Kerr & Ramana Nanda, 2009. "Financing Constraints and Entrepreneurship," Harvard Business School Working Papers 10-013, Harvard Business School.
- Jean Arcand & Enrico Berkes & Ugo Panizza, 2015. "Too much finance?," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 105-148, June.
- Leitner Sandra M., 2016. "Financing Constraints and Firm Growth in Emerging Europe," South East European Journal of Economics and Business, Sciendo, vol. 11(1), pages 18-40, April.
- Erik Canton & Isabel Grilo & Josefa Monteagudo & Peter Zwan, 2013. "Perceived credit constraints in the European Union," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 41(3), pages 701-715, October.
- Sandra M. Leitner & Robert Stehrer, 2015. "What Determines SMEs’ Funding Obstacles to Bank Loans and Trade Credits?," wiiw Working Papers 114, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Peter Lawrence, 2006. "Finance and development: why should causation matter?," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(7), pages 997-1016.
- Enrico Berkes & Ugo Panizza & Jean Louis Arcand, 2015. "Too Much Finance or Statistical Illusion: A Comment," IHEID Working Papers 12-2015, Economics Section, The Graduate Institute of International Studies.
- Concha Artola & Veronique Genre, 2011. "Euro Area SMEs under Financial Constraints: Belief or Reality?," CESifo Working Paper Series 3650, CESifo Group Munich.
- Apostolos Thomadakis, 2015.
"Determinants of Credit Constrained Firms: Evidence from Central and Eastern Europe Region,"
Bank of Lithuania Working Paper Series
22, Bank of Lithuania.
- Apostolos Thomadakis, 2016. "Determinants of Credit Constrained Firms: Evidence from Central and Eastern Europe Region," Working Papers 207, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
More about this item
Keywordseconomic development; financing constraints; SMEs;
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Investment; Capital; Intangible Capital; Capacity
- G30 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - General
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-10-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2017-10-08 (European Economics)
- NEP-FDG-2017-10-08 (Financial Development & Growth)
- NEP-SBM-2017-10-08 (Small Business Management)
- NEP-TRA-2017-10-08 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecb:ecbops:2017197. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Official Publications). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/emieude.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.