Euro Area SMEs under Financial Constraints: Belief or Reality?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Philippe Aghion & Thibault Fally & Stefano Scarpetta, 2007.
"Credit constraints as a barrier to the entry and post-entry growth of firms,"
CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 22, pages 731-779, October.
- Aghion, Philippe & Fally, Thibault & Scarpetta, Stefano, 2007. "Credit Constraints as a Barrier to the Entry and Post-Entry Growth of Firms," IZA Discussion Papers 3237, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Scarpetta, Stefano & Fally, Thibault & Aghion, Philippe, 2007. "Credit Constraints as a Barrier to the Entry and Post-Entry Growth of Firms," Scholarly Articles 4554208, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Philippe Aghion & Thibault Fally & Stefano Scarpetta, 2007. "Credit constraints as a barrier to the entry and post-entry growth of firms," Post-Print hal-00813557, HAL.
- Brambor, Thomas & Clark, William Roberts & Golder, Matt, 2006. "Understanding Interaction Models: Improving Empirical Analyses," Political Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(01), pages 63-82, December.
- Eric Bartelsman & Stefano Scarpetta & Fabiano Schivardi, 2003. "Comparative Analysis of Firm Demographics and Survival: Micro-Level Evidence for the OECD Countries," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 348, OECD Publishing.
- Bougheas, Spiros & Mizen, Paul & Yalcin, Cihan, 2006. "Access to external finance: Theory and evidence on the impact of monetary policy and firm-specific characteristics," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 199-227, January.
- Mishkin, Frederic S, 1994.
"Preventing Financial Crises: An International Perspective,"
The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies,
University of Manchester, vol. 62(0), pages 1-40, Suppl..
- Frederic S. Mishkin, 1994. "Preventing Financial Crises: An International Perspective," NBER Working Papers 4636, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Laeven, Luc & Maksimovic, Vojislav, 2006.
"The determinants of financing obstacles,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 932-952, October.
- Thorsten Beck, 2004. "The determinants of financing obstacles," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3204, The World Bank.
- Beck, T.H.L. & Demirgüc-Kunt, A. & Laeven, L. & Maksimovic, V., 2006. "The determinants of financing obstacles," Other publications TiSEM 3fd6bd22-71e9-4084-87a3-1, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Harrison, Ann E. & McMillan, Margaret S., 2003. "Does direct foreign investment affect domestic credit constraints?," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 73-100, October.
- Maarten L. Buis, 2010. "Stata tip 87: Interpretation of interactions in nonlinear models," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 10(2), pages 305-308, June.
- Ben S. Bernanke & Mark Gertler, 1995.
"Inside the Black Box: The Credit Channel of Monetary Policy Transmission,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 9(4), pages 27-48, Fall.
- Ben S. Bernanke & Mark Gertler, 1995. "Inside the Black Box: The Credit Channel of Monetary Policy Transmission," NBER Working Papers 5146, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bernanke, Ben & Gertler, Mark, 1995. "Inside the Black Box: The Credit Channel of Monetary Policy Transmission," Working Papers 95-15, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Michael Devereux & Fabio Schiantarelli, 1990.
"Investment, Financial Factors, and Cash Flow: Evidence from U.K. Panel Data,"
NBER Chapters,in: Asymmetric Information, Corporate Finance, and Investment, pages 279-306
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael Devereux & Fabio Schiantarelli, 1989. "Investment, Finacial Factors and Cash Flow: Evidence From UK Panel Data," NBER Working Papers 3116, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward C. Norton & Hua Wang & Chunrong Ai, 2004. "Computing interaction effects and standard errors in logit and probit models," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 4(2), pages 154-167, June.
- Chiara Coluzzi & Annalisa Ferrando & Carmen Martínez-Carrascal, 2009.
"Financing obstacles and growth: An analysis for euro area non-financial corporations,"
0836, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Ferrando, Annalisa & Martinez-Carrascal, Carmen & Coluzzi, Chiara, 2009. "Financing obstacles and growth: an analysis for euro area non-financial corporations," Working Paper Series 997, European Central Bank.
- Moulton, Brent R., 1986. "Random group effects and the precision of regression estimates," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 385-397, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ryan Banerjee, 2014. "SMEs, financial constraints and growth," BIS Working Papers 475, Bank for International Settlements.
- Casey, Eddie & O'Toole, Conor M., 2014. "Bank lending constraints, trade credit and alternative financing during the financial crisis: Evidence from European SMEs," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 173-193.
- Paloma López-García & José Manuel Montero & Enrique Moral-Benito, 2012. "Business cycles and investment in intangibles: evidence from Spanish firms," Working Papers 1219, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Besa SHAHINI, 2016. "Financial Constraints Of Small And Medium Enterprises: Case Of Albania," Journal of Social and Economic Statistics, Bucharest University of Economic Studies, vol. 5(1), pages 21-34, JULY.
- Moder, Isabella & Bonifai, Niccolò, 2017. "Access to finance in the Western Balkans," Occasional Paper Series 197, European Central Bank.
- repec:kap:sbusec:v:51:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s11187-017-9918-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Petr Koráb & Jitka Pomenková, 2014. "Financial Crisis and Financing Constraints of SMEs in Visegrad Countries," WIFO Working Papers 485, WIFO.
- repec:eee:intfin:v:53:y:2018:i:c:p:76-93 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bremus, Franziska Maria & Neugebauer, Katja, 2015. "Don't Stop Me Now: The Impact of Credit Market Segmentation on Firms' Financing Constraints," Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy 112857, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Priscila Ferreira & George Saridakis, 2016. "Firm Shutdown During the Financial and Sovereign Debt Crises: Empirical Evidence from Portugal," NIMA Working Papers 61, Núcleo de Investigação em Microeconomia Aplicada (NIMA), Universidade do Minho.
- Bremus, Franziska & Neugebauer, Katja, 2018.
"Reduced cross-border lending and financing costs of SMEs,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 35-58.
- Bremus, Franziska & Neugebauer, Katja, 2018. "Reduced cross-border lending and financing costs of SMEs," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 84298, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- repec:fau:fauart:v:67:y:2017:i:2:p:119-139 is not listed on IDEAS
- Miguel García-Posada Gómez, 2018. "Credit constraints, firms investment and growth evidence from survey data," Working Papers 1808, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Demary, Markus & Hornik, Joanna & Watfe, Gibran, 2016.
"SME financing in the EU: Moving beyond one-size-fits-all,"
11/2016, Institut der deutschen Wirtschaft Köln (IW) / Cologne Institute for Economic Research.
- Markus Demary & Joanna Hornik & Gibran Watfe, 2016. "SME Financing in the EU: Moving beyond one-size-fits-all," Bruges European Economic Policy Briefings 40, European Economic Studies Department, College of Europe.
- Annalisa Ferrando & Klaas Mulier, 2015.
"Firms’ Financing Constraints: Do Perceptions Match the Actual Situation?,"
The Economic and Social Review,
Economic and Social Studies, vol. 46(1), pages 87-117.
- Ferrando, Annalisa & Mulier, Klaas, 2013. "Firms’ financing constraints: do perceptions match the actual situation?," Working Paper Series 1577, European Central Bank.
- A. Ferrando & K. Mulier, 2013. "Firms’ financing constraints: Do perceptions match the actual situation?," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 13/844, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Zapata S., Willy W. & Eisele, María Kristina, 2013. "Possible transmission of adverse shocks from the recent financial crisis to Central America through trade finance," Estudios y Perspectivas – Sede Subregional de la CEPAL en México 141, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Federico Lubello & Abdelaziz Rouabah, 2017. "Capturing macroprudential regulation effectiveness: A DSGE approach with shadow intermediaries," BCL working papers 114, Central Bank of Luxembourg.
- Franziska M. Bremus, 2015. "The Debate about Financing Constraints of SMEs in Europe," DIW Roundup: Politik im Fokus 66, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Mac an Bhaird, Ciarán & Vidal, Javier Sanchez & Lucey, Brian, 2016. "Discouraged borrowers: Evidence for Eurozone SMEs," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 46-55.
- Gómez, Miguel García-Posada, 2018. "Credit constraints, firm investment and growth: evidence from survey data," Working Paper Series 2126, European Central Bank.
- repec:taf:ijecbs:v:24:y:2017:i:2:p:153-179 is not listed on IDEAS
- Moritz, Alexandra & Block, Joern H. & Heinz, Andreas, 2015. "Financing patterns of European SMEs: An Empirical Taxonomy," EIF Working Paper Series 2015/30, European Investment Fund (EIF).
- Alexandra Moritz & Joern H. Block & Andreas Heinz, 2016. "Financing patterns of European SMEs -- an empirical taxonomy," Venture Capital, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(2), pages 115-148, April.
More about this item
Keywordsfinancial crisis; financing constraints; credit rationing; small and medium-sized enterprises; survey data;
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Investment; Capital; Intangible Capital; Capacity
- G30 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - General
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:ceswps:_3650. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klaus Wohlrabe). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cesifde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.