Integrated Financial Supervision : An Institutional Perspective for the Philippines
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Barth,James R. & Caprio,Gerard & Levine,Ross, 2008. "Rethinking Bank Regulation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521709309.
- Jenny Corbett, 2007. "Financial Institutions and Structures for Growth in East Asia," EABER Working Papers 21858, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Udaibir S Das & Marc G Quintyn, 2002. "Crisis Prevention and Crisis Management; The Role of Regulatory Governance," IMF Working Papers 02/163, International Monetary Fund.
- Balisacan, Arsenio M. & Hill, Hal (ed.), 2003. "The Philippine Economy: Development, Policies, and Challenges," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195158984.
- Theo S. Eicher & Andreas Leukert, 2009.
"Institutions and Economic Performance: Endogeneity and Parameter Heterogeneity,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 41(1), pages 197-219, February.
- Eicher, Theo & Leukert, Andreas, 2006. "Institutions and Economic Performance: Endogeneity and Parameter Heterogeneity," Discussion Papers in Economics 775, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Theo Eicher & Andreas Leukert, 2009. "Institutions and Economic Performance: Endogeneity and Parameter Heterogeneity," Working Papers UWEC-2007-16-P, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
- repec:hrv:faseco:30728046 is not listed on IDEAS
- Marc Quintyn & Michael W. Taylor, 2003.
"Regulatory and Supervisory Independence and Financial Stability,"
CESifo Economic Studies,
CESifo, vol. 49(2), pages 259-294.
- Michael W Taylor & Marc G Quintyn, 2002. "Regulatory and Supervisory Independence and Financial Stability," IMF Working Papers 02/46, International Monetary Fund.
- Quibria, M.G., 2002. "Growth and Poverty: Lessons from the East Asian Miracle Revisited," MPRA Paper 2638, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sourafel Girma & Anja Shortland, 2008.
"The political economy of financial development,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 60(4), pages 567-596, October.
- Sourafel Girma & Anja Shortland, 2004. "The Political Economy of Financial Development," Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2004 39, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
- Sourafel Girma & Anja Shortland, 2004. "The Political Economy of Financial Development," Discussion Papers in Economics 04/21, Department of Economics, University of Leicester, revised Oct 2004.
- Milo, Melanie S., 2002. "Financial Services Integration and Consolidated Supervision: Some Issues to Consider for the Philippines," Discussion Papers DP 2002-22, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Taylor, Michael & Fleming, Alex, 1999. "Integrated financial supervision : lessons of Northern European experience," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2223, The World Bank.
- Daron Acemoglu & Simon Johnson & James A. Robinson, 2002.
"Reversal of Fortune: Geography and Institutions in the Making of the Modern World Income Distribution,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 117(4), pages 1231-1294.
- Daron Acemoglu & Simon Johnson & James A. Robinson, 2001. "Reversal of Fortune: Geography and Institutions in the Making of the Modern World Income Distribution," NBER Working Papers 8460, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Panicos Demetriades & Svetlana Andrianova, "undated". "Finance and Growth: What We Know and What We Need To Know," Discussion Papers in Economics 03/15, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Martin Èihák & Richard Podpiera, 2006. "Is One Watchdog Better than Three? International Experience with Integrated Financial-Sector Supervision (in English)," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 56(3-4), pages 102-126, March.
- Chang, Ha-Joon, 2006. "Understanding the Relationship between Institutions and Economic Development: Some Key Theoretical Issues," WIDER Working Paper Series DP2006/05, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Gianni De Nicolo & Mary G Zephirin & Philip F. Bartholomew & Jahanara Zaman, 2003. "Bank Consolidation, Internationalization, and Conglomeration; Trends and Implications for Financial Risk," IMF Working Papers 03/158, International Monetary Fund.
- Richard K. Abrams & Michael W Taylor, 2000. "Issues in the Unification of Financial Sector Supervision," IMF Working Papers 00/213, International Monetary Fund.
- Michael W Taylor & Marc G Quintyn & Silvia Ramirez, 2007. "The Fear of Freedom; Politicians and the Independence and Accountability of Financial Sector Supervisors," IMF Working Papers 07/25, International Monetary Fund.
- Majone, Giandomenico, 1997. "From the Positive to the Regulatory State: Causes and Consequences of Changes in the Mode of Governance," Journal of Public Policy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(02), pages 139-167, May.
- Bernard Shull & Lawrence J. White, 1998. "Of firewalls and subsidiaries: the right stuff for expanded bank activities," Proceedings 608, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Swati R. Ghosh, 2006. "East Asian Finance : The Road to Robust Markets," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7063, November.
- Frederic S. Mishkin, 2001. "Financial Policies and the Prevention of Financial Crises in Emerging Market Countries," NBER Working Papers 8087, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sayuri Shirai, 2001. "Searching for New Regulatory Frameworks for the Intermediate Financial Structure in Post-Crisis Asia," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 01-28, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Carino, Ledivina V., 2002. "Regulatory Governance in the Philippines: A Profile," Centre on Regulation and Competition (CRC) Working papers 30624, University of Manchester, Institute for Development Policy and Management (IDPM).
- Martin Cihak & Richard Podpiera, 2006. "Is One Watchdog Better Than Three? International Experience with Integrated Financial Sector Supervision," IMF Working Papers 06/57, International Monetary Fund.
- Joseph G. Haubrich, 1996. "Combining bank supervision and monetary policy," Economic Commentary, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Nov.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sabrina Pellerin & John R. Walter & Patricia E. Wescott, 2009. "The consolidation of financial market regulation : pros, cons, and implications for the United States," Working Paper 09-08, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
- Sabrina Pellerin & John R. Walter & Patricia E. Wescott, 2009. "The consolidation of financial regulation: pros, cons, and implications for the United States," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Spr, pages 121-160.
More about this item
Keywordsfinancial sector; financial development; financial services regulation; regulatory agencies; regulatory structure; integrated supervision; institutions;
- G20 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - General
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- H11 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government - - - Structure and Scope of Government
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
- P16 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Political Economy of Capitalism
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eab:financ:22667. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shiro Armstrong). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eaberau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.