Understanding the Relationship between Institutions and Economic Development: Some Key Theoretical Issues
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ha-Joon Chang, 2005. "Globalization, Global Standards, and the Future of East Asia," Global Economic Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(4), pages 363-378.
- Daron Acemoglu & Simon Johnson & James A. Robinson, 2001.
"The Colonial Origins of Comparative Development: An Empirical Investigation,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 91(5), pages 1369-1401, December.
- Daron Acemoglu & Simon Johnson & James A. Robinson, 2000. "The Colonial Origins of Comparative Development: An Empirical Investigation," NBER Working Papers 7771, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aron, Janine, 2000. "Growth and Institutions: A Review of the Evidence," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 15(1), pages 99-135, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Melanie S. Milo, 2007. "Integrated Financial Supervision : An Institutional Perspective for the Philippines," Finance Working Papers 22667, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Borrmann, Axel & Busse, Matthias, 2006. "The institutional challenge of the ACP/EU Economic Partnership Agreements," HWWI Research Papers 2-3, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Duarte N. Leite & Sandra T. Silva & Oscar Afonso, 2014. "Institutions, Economics And The Development Quest," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(3), pages 491-515, July.
- Savoia, Antonio & Easaw, Joshy & McKay, Andrew, 2010. "Inequality, Democracy, and Institutions: A Critical Review of Recent Research," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 142-154, February.
- Shaikh, Salman, 2012. "Examining Theories of Growth & Development & Policy Response Based on Them from Islamic Perspective," MPRA Paper 38530, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinert, Erik S., 2006. "Institutionalism Ancient, Old and New: A Historical Perspective on Institutions and Uneven Development," WIDER Working Paper Series 077, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Cimoli, Mario & Porcile, Gabriel, 2017. "Micro-macro interactions, growth and income distribution revisited," Desarrollo Productivo 212, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- William Orlando Prieto Bustos, 2012. "Institutional Effect over Economic Growth: New Evidence for Latin America," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO UCATOLICA 009591, UNIVERSIDAD CATOLICA DE COLOMBIA.
- Milo, Melanie S., 2007. "Integrated Financial Supervision: an Institutional Perspective for the Philippines," Discussion Papers DP 2007-17, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Alan Martina, 2009. "On the Constrained Contribution of Advances in Medical Knowledge to the Economic Growth of Developing Countries," ANU Working Papers in Economics and Econometrics 2009-504, Australian National University, College of Business and Economics, School of Economics.
- Gülçin BEKEN, 2015. "Anadolu International Conference in Economics (Econanadolu 2015)," Turkish Economic Review, KSP Journals, vol. 2(2), pages 139-140, June.
- Zdenìk Kudrna & Juraj Medzihorsky, 2012. "International banking standards in emerging markets: testing the adaptation thesis in the European Union," Working Papers IES 2012/06, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Mar 2012.
- Lawrence King & Osvaldo Gómez Martínez, 2010. "Property Rights Reform and Development: A Critique of the Cross-National Regression Literature," Working Papers wp216, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Alessandro Romagnoli & Luisa Mengoni, 2009. "The challenge of economic integration in the MENA region: from GAFTA and EU-MFTA to small scale Arab Unions," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 42(1), pages 69-83, May.
- repec:pid:journl:v:55:y:2016:i:1:p:49-72 is not listed on IDEAS
- Joan Oriol Prats, 2007. "Revisión crítica de los aportes del institucionalismo a la teoría y la práctica del desarrollo," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 9(16), pages 121-148, January-J.
- Subarna Basnet, 2017. "Institutions and Economic Growth of Landlocked Nations – part of dissertation," CEsA Working Papers 156, CEsA - Center for African, Asian and Latin American Studies.
- Anis Chowdhury, 2012. "Structural Adjustment and Crises –Which Way Now?," Institutions and Economies (formerly known as International Journal of Institutions and Economies), Faculty of Economics and Administration, University of Malaya, vol. 4(1), pages 85-118, April.
- Kiiza, Julius, 2006. "Institutions and Economic Performance in Africa: A Comparative Analysis of Mauritius, Botswana and Uganda," WIDER Working Paper Series 073, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Efendic, Adnan & Pugh, Geoff & Adnett, Nick, 2011. "Institutions and economic performance: A meta-regression analysis," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 586-599, September.
- Ndinwane Byekwaso, 2010. "Poverty in Uganda," Review of African Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(126), pages 517-525, December.
- Luděk Kouba, 2009.
"Návrh klasifikace soudobých sociálně-ekonomických přístupů k teorii růstu
[The Proposal of Original Classification of Contemporary Social-Economic Approaches to the Growth Theory]," Politická ekonomie, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2009(5), pages 696-713.
More about this item
Keywordsinstitutions; forms and functions; institutional change; property rights;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:dp2006-05. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mauricio Roa Grisales). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/widerfi.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.