The Philippine Economy: Development, Policies, and Challenges
- Balisacan, Arsenio M.(University of the Philippines-Diliman)Hill, Hal(Australian National University)Registered editor(s):
This book examines all major facets of the Philippine economy and development policy. Contributors to this volume look both to the past and to the future, and their approaches are variously descriptive, analytical, interpretive , and comparative. The book assesses trends since the 1980s, identifies major policy issues, and provides a balance sheet of achievements and deficiencies over the past decade and beyond. It highlights future challenges that need to be addressed if the country is to embark on a sustainable, durable, and equitable growth trajectory. The book also offers lessons from the country's development experience which may be relevant for many countries at the present time. The volume has particular relevance for the country's policymakers, academics and the business community, and will also appeal to a broader international audience. Available in OSO: http://www.oxfordscholarship.com/oso/public/content/economicsfinance/0195158989/toc.html
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|This book is provided by Oxford University Press in its series OUP Catalogue with number 9780195158984 and published in 2003.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.oup.com/ |
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.oup.com/|
- Maureen Ane D. Rosellon & Josef T. Yap, 2010. "The Role of the Private Sector in Regional Economic Integration : a View from the Philippines," Governance Working Papers 23107, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Michael R. Cabalfin & Josef T. Yap, 2008.
"Sustainable Development Framework for Local Governance,"
Governance Working Papers
22619, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Yap, Josef T. & Cabalfin, Michael R., 2008. "Sustainable Development Framework for Local Governance," Discussion Papers DP 2008-33, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Michael R. Cabalfin & Josef T. Yap, 2008. "Sustainable Development Framework for Local Governance," Development Economics Working Papers 22624, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Cororaton, Caesar B. & Cockburn, John & Corong, Erwin, 2005. "Doha scenarios, trade reforms, and poverty in the Philippines," MTID discussion papers 86, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Rafaelita M. Aldaba, 2005.
"The Impact of Market Reforms on Competition, Structure and Performance of the Philippine Economy,"
Trade Working Papers
22306, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Aldaba, Rafaelita M., 2005. "The Impact of Market Reforms on Competition, Structure and Performance of the Philippine Economy," Discussion Papers DP 2005-24, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Wignaraja, Ganeshan & Lazaro, Dorothea & DeGuzman, Genevieve, 2010.
"FTAs and Philippine Business: Evidence from Transport, Food, and Electronics Firms,"
ADBI Working Papers
185, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Ganeshan Wignaraja & Dorothea Lazaro & Genevieve DeGuzman, 2010. "FTAs and Philippine Business : Evidence from Transport, Food, and Electronics Firms," Trade Working Papers 22880, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Roehlano M. Briones, 2009.
"Agricultural Diversification and the Fruits and Vegetables Sub-Sector : Policy Issues and Development Constraints in the Philippines,"
Development Economics Working Papers
22951, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Briones, Roehlano M., 2009. "Agricultural Diversification and the Fruits and Vegetables Subsector: Policy Issues and Development Constraints in the Philippines," Discussion Papers DP 2009-02, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Balisacan, Arsenio M. & Fuwa, Nobuhiko, 2004. "Changes in Spatial Income Inequality in the Philippines: An Exploratory Analysis," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Melanie S. Milo, 2007. "Integrated Financial Supervision : An Institutional Perspective for the Philippines," Finance Working Papers 22667, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oxp:obooks:9780195158984. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Economics Book Marketing)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers various economics topics
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed